GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sort of off-topic for this thread, but I'm not sure how you can make such a blanket statement of something that is very hotly debated in the sociological and psychiatric field. There certainly are people who have spent their entire careers researching this.

I have to say I'm about 100% in the "nature" category. I think we come as we are, with our inherited destinies intact. Identical twins separated at birth usually end up in virtually the exact same place in life - even if their beginnings were very different. The greatest determiner of criminality in a son is criminality of the father, regardless of whether the son ever knew his father or ever knew the father was a criminal, and the boy was adopted out at birth.

I fully believe that we inherit, genetically, almost everything we become. Especially boys.

We shall agree to disagree. As my sig says, it's my opinion. It is however, based on a lot of education and a lot of life.

Also, often times identical twins who are raised together end up very different because they strive for originality. It is a balance of nature and nurture, but I do believe that in all but the most extreme cases, nature can be overcome and is.

Me too my Grandmother raised me and she was a Paranoid schizophrenic (SP) it was a nightmare her sister was in an in an institution I have NO IDEA why I didnt figure this out when she was first interviewed! it weird to have to deal with the insanity, Im sure I developed some issues I have been diagnosed with borderline personality and bipolar so now that I know her issues it all makes sense poor Mom I would be on Suicide watch for sure she really needs an advocate , I hope the father knows this and will help her

I have also had personal, painful experience with a family member who was paranoid schizophrenic. Don't fault yourself--you can't diagnose it just by reading news accounts or watching videos, and it'd probably be wrong to try to do so. I know a lot of people were up in arms about the daughter's revelation concerning this illness her mom has, but to be honest, it changed my perception of the case and tied up some loose ends for me. I couldn't get past the obvious contradictions in what she was saying at times (eg. about her 18-yr. old son being lured into an alley and murdered). Now that I know she has an illness which typically involves delusion or shaky grasp on reality, some things actually make more sense in this case.

The copy/paste below is from another article in today's Brunswick newspaper. Matt Doering is the police chief.

Gun found in Pond by Michael Hall Brunswick News

Doering did not disclose the caliber of the handgun, but said "there is no question" it is the weapon used in the homicide. The gun and other evidence have been sent to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Laboratory at Savannah.

Doering did not comment on how the weapon got to the pond, about four miles from where Antonio and his mother were shot.

Nature AND nurture, and no final conclusions are out there about percentages. It varies. That's not only true in the studies, but compassionate in real life. It gives hope for those who have children born with mental illnesses, but also compassion for those parents who've done all they could and more to raise a child well, but he still chooses bad paths.

~educator and parent of 'special' kids

Doering did not disclose the caliber of the handgun, but said "there is no question" it is the weapon used in the homicide. The gun and other evidence have been sent to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Laboratory at Savannah.

Doering did not comment on how the weapon got to the pond, about four miles from where Antonio and his mother were shot.

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/
thanks to Hickory Born

Brunswick News Facebook Page. (Does that count as MSM, lol?)

Yes and you can link to an official facebook of a mainstream media outlet. We don't discuss the comments from the public, but the comments from reporters and news releases may be discussed.

Salem

The copy/paste below is from another article in today's Brunswick newspaper. Matt Doering is the police chief.

Sounds like the police chief is being more forthcoming than his spokesman. ;)

“I can tell you we found a gun. I can’t tell you if it’s the gun we were looking for,” Brunswick police spokesman Todd Rhodes said.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-news/2013-03-26/gun-might-be-linked-ga-baby-shooting?v=1364313038

The Brunswick News Facebook page reports similar info.

Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering said this morning that evidence, as it stands now, does not indicate the shooting death of 13 month-old Antonio Santiago was a targeted incident. The location and victim appear to be random, he said.

Doering also said the evidence at this point does not indicate any gang affiliation.

He added that things can change because evidence is still being collected and the investigation continues.

Doering credits investigators with the Glynn County Police, Brunswick Police, Glynn County Sheriff's office and all others involved for their tireless, ongoing efforts to solve this case.

So now that this is regarded to as a random crime, how safe do people feel living, working or visiting Brunswick, GA? I know I will be "on guard" when I drive through Brunswick.

I am so upset over how cold and callous this killing was. Senseless. People do horrible things to each other, but a baby shot in broad daylight...man. And for nothing. Not the brightest bulb in the world when you target someone who is less likely to have money than most. Surely this wasn't just about money??

Just had to get that out. Thank you guys, for being here :)

IMO this sometimes comes with the use of antidepressants.

Lack of visual or recognizable emotion.

I was like that when I was on Celexa.

Or, just with over-medication in general. I've been on an anti-drepressant for over a decade (low dosage) and don't have problems with affect - just ask my hubby. ;D

Also, with this illness she's likely on anti-psychotic meds which are stronger stuff and could cause this. And, the illness itself causes facial affect that doesn't match emotions.

It was random?

That is the most terrifying thing I've ever read. There's no reason at all. Just killed a baby to kill a baby. It could literally have happened to anyone.

I think I was holding on to the fact that it was retaliation for something, not because I wanted to blame SW, because I don't at all and I always thought it was retaliation for something she had done to improve the community, but because I was looking for a reason. ANY reason.

And now, there is none. Antonio is dead because someone thought they should shoot a sleeping baby. And it could have been anyone's sleeping baby.

Wow.

police chief. "mother never a suspect in my mind"

also says hes seen the facebook pages

very strange final comment.
"Doering still refused to answer the key question, whether West and the suspects know each other, saying it would harm the investigation. He would not say how long the suspects have known each other.

Doering closed the news conference saying, "A truth will come to light at the proper time, just not now."
http://www.news4jax.com/news/Police...andom/-/475880/19490264/-/c73j3z/-/index.html

The chief left it pretty open, and refused to say how long the suspects knew the mother, and a truth will be revealed later in the proper time. It's not at all clear that this wasn't targeted, or in retaliation for something.

I agree with PIO that the discussion should remain open, as the investigation is still open and they're not discussing the answer to the question of did they know each other.

There should be no further discussion or speculation of any wrongdoing by the grieving Mother. There have been arrests.

If the Mother and the Baby-killers know each other, than how can this be "random?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BecStar