GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was anything in the Brunswick newspaper today? I have checked Jacksonville's news and cannot find any updates.

not finding anything new Hickory :(

Page 15 of the document linked below is a request to the Court by Lewis Santiago not to be contacted by suspects or suspects' attorneys/staff. WHOSE signature is that? Does he have an attorney? I cannot make out that signature to be his name.

Also, I hope Sherry West has requested the same.

http://www.news4jax.com/blob/view/-...in-De-Marquise-Elkins-case.pdf?format=rss_2.0

I hope Sherry West has requested the same thing, too! At least NOW after Stretch Gough has been sending servers to her door and reporting on the conversations they 'overheard.'

Also, I know ol' Stretch is just doing his job, but if you read his motion above he essentially called the mother of the baby who his client SHOT IN THE FACE a crack w****. Come on, now!

I hope Sherry West has requested the same thing, too! At least NOW after Stretch Gough has been sending servers to her door and reporting on the conversations they 'overheard.'

Also, I know ol' Stretch is just doing his job, but if you read his motion above he essentially called the mother of the baby who his client SHOT IN THE FACE a crack w****. Come on, now!

And his evidence to support that is "the word on the street is...." The other motion indicates the "motion directs itself to the following question: Is Sherry West 'crazy as a fox?'" That motion is signed by the other public defender, the one that herself tried to serve SW with a subpoena. Is this typical conduct in the Georgia Public Defender's office?

And his evidence to support that is "the word on the street is...." The other motion indicates the "motion directs itself to the following question: Is Sherry West 'crazy as a fox?'" That motion is signed by the other public defender, the one that herself tried to serve SW with a subpoena. Is this typical conduct in the Georgia Public Defender's office?

I cannot answer your question, but it looks like this other public defender just started working in this office Dec. 2012 and was graduated from Mercer Univ Law School in 2012, according to LinkedIn.

Gosh, I have no idea! I've certainly never heard of such tactics, but then again I've never heard of a case that involved someone SHOO........

Well, you know.

this just in

A 15-year-old boy charged with felony murder in a baby's shooting is "more of a witness than a defendant" and should be tried in court separately from an older teenager accused of being the gunman, a defense attorney said Tuesday.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/attorney-separate-trials-ga-baby-killing-18918089#.UWSw_5OG3C4

I actually think that's why LE said early on that they knew exactly who was involved and who did what, because DL talked almost immediately. And if that's true, I agree his trial should be separate from Elkins. AND that he should get protection while awaiting trial.

I actually think that's why LE said early on that they knew exactly who was involved and who did what, because DL talked almost immediately. And if that's true, I agree his trial should be separate from Elkins. AND that he should get protection while awaiting trial.

I wonder why he was even with Elkins.....did he know Elkins had a gun and was out to rob someone.....did he know about the previous robbery where Elkins shot the victim? I tend to go along with the belief that you are judged by the company you keep. If he was in on the robbery then he'll have to pay the price. If he turned state's evidence they will most likely give him a deal and let him plead out depending on his involvement. IMO if he knew they were going to rob someone and had a gun then he needs to do some serious time.

Yes. It really does come down to what can be proved or what he can convince a jury of.

Regardless of his level of involvement I think DL should be given a separate trial if he is and has been cooperating. I think depending on foreknowledge (premeditation) he should be sentenced accordingly.

Things just got very interesting trial wise.

I wonder how little Antonio's parents are doing?

wow. that link is a must read Hickory.

Don't get me started on the AJC's reporting. It's pretty typical of them to put the racial spin on stories. (I'm a subscriber)

You can send children to all the programs out there, but the foundation must start and continue with parenting and family. DL was in one of those programs in the past....http://www.starfoundation.org/wp-co...904-UW-Monetary-assistance-to-27-agencies.pdf

<Shaking the noggen>

Thank you for posting this Brunswick paper. Looks like it was published about 5 1/2 years ago and crime was a problem then. Wonder if they have had more Buy-Back Gun programs since then.

As for the after school programs, does anyone know if Brunswick schools have the extended day programs so parents can pick up children after work?

IMO. If our government didn't pay teenagers who have babies, they might stay in school and get an education....which would enable them to be gainfully employed. The cycle has got to change.

Mary Elkins, Sabrina's aunt, said she raised the teen and would let her live at her home and keep close watch.

"I've never been in trouble with the law, and I wouldn't get in trouble just to try to cover her, no," Mary Elkins said.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Sister...bond/-/475880/19696948/-/6domjnz/-/index.html

So if she manages to raise bond, never fear, Aunt Mary will be on the case. That and she will wear an ankle bracelet under house arrest.

Sigh.

the cynic in me is dying to comment further but I will simply sit on my hands. It is not my intent to lump the entire family in together but I must admit, I find that very hard based on what I have seen from other family members.

Great Grandad and Aunt Mary seem to be decent people. Wish I knew where they were when the other family members were going so horribly awry :(

Mary Elkins, Sabrina's aunt, said she raised the teen and would let her live at her home and keep close watch.

"I've never been in trouble with the law, and I wouldn't get in trouble just to try to cover her, no," Mary Elkins said.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Sister...bond/-/475880/19696948/-/6domjnz/-/index.html

So if she manages to raise bond, never fear, Aunt Mary will be on the case. That and she will wear an ankle bracelet under house arrest.

Sigh.

the cynic in me is dying to comment further but I will simply sit on my hands. It is not my intent to lump the entire family in together but I must admit, I find that very hard based on what I have seen from other family members.

Great Grandad and Aunt Mary seem to be decent people. Wish I knew where they were when the other family members were going so horribly awry :(

ticya, well, but when the *mother* of this young man has been arrested 50+ times, it's kind of hard NOT to judge the whole family on the breadth and depth of their criminal records. :/

The thing about the relatives who seem to be decent and don't have criminal records is--I don't know, after the mother had been arrested perhaps for the 10th? 20th? 30th? time wouldn't you as a decent person have tried to intervene for the sake of any children involved? Before, you know, this young man you seem to care about SHOT A BABY IN THE FACE??

I admit, I have a hard time not judging. I am TRYING not to judge, but there are so many in the family with criminal records. :(

What does Mary Elkins mean when she says 'she raised the teen'? Did Sabrina live with Mary from birth to age 19?

No matter WHO raised her, the fact still remains; Sabrina Elkins is charged with disposing of the gun which her brother used to SHOOT A BABY IN THE FACE. And to me that is a serious offense!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kristy91
Back