GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure if this has already been posted or not:

'The jury also convicted him of an attempted robbery and aggravated assault for shooting the Rev. Wilfredo Calix-Flores in the arm 10 days before Antonio’s death. Eyewitnesses testified the preacher was shot after he failed to meet Elkins’ demands for money and a cellphone.'

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...shooting-death-13-month-old-boy#ixzz2dedBary8

With a very similar crime committed just 10 days prior, I am amazed people were still bashing Antonio's parents.
This perp exhibited a clear pattern of behavior-if a person didn't give him money, he would shoot that person.

Brunswick News FB page.

Dominique Lang's lawyer said Tuesday the fifteen-year-old, charged with convicted murderer De'Marquise Elkins in the slaying of an infant, was merely a witness to the shooting. Elkins was convicted Friday on all 11 counts against him. Lang is to be tried in Glynn County.

Brunswick News FB page.

Dominique Lang's lawyer said Tuesday the fifteen-year-old, charged with convicted murderer De'Marquise Elkins in the slaying of an infant, was merely a witness to the shooting. Elkins was convicted Friday on all 11 counts against him. Lang is to be tried in Glynn County.

I am very interested to see how the case against Lang proceeds. I really expect there to be a plea agreement before long. I'm really not sure exactly what Lang's involvement was here. Its very strange.

Brunswick News FB page.

Didn't the mother herself say that Elkins was the one who actually shot the baby?

So Elkins attorney tells the court that his sentencing was cruel and unusual ? Right.......
What about the Baby he shot in the face? Wasn't that cruel and unusual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, that was 'merciful' because it was quick, according to Gough.

:vomit:

Thank you Pinkfly! How crude and cruel and disgusting !
Stand strong mama ! This moment will pass.
Literally shaking my head at this. No words......

Dominique Lang, 16, faces life in prison if he is tried as an adult and convicted of felony murder in the slaying a year ago of young Antonio Santiago. He wants his trial moved to juvenile court so he can avoid being prosecuted for murder — a legal move the slain baby's mother said Tuesday she opposes.

MOO, no matter your age, if you are skipping school, holding up a mother pushing her baby in a stroller... with a gun... you should be held accountable in big-boy court!

http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/georgia/teen-seeks-juvenile-trial-in-ga-baby-killing/nd94f/

Two teens murder a BABY and their families try to help them get away with the crime. Why isn't this horror story all over the news? Oh, right ... the teens are black and the baby is white.

has there been any further development in this case?

lupus est homini *advertiser censored*, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

Ok this case is still troubling to me. I am not saying the people who were found guilty didnt do it....but I think there should have been more investigation done. Sherry west had one son that was murdered before, there was gunshot residue on her husbands hands that he could not explain, no eyewitnesses, "murder weapon" was not even positively identified as the gun used, the daughter of sherry west testified she thinks her mother killed the baby for the insurance money(which sherry cashed immediately after the death), its kinda strange that you can shoot a baby straight in the head and a grown woman just in the leg, and sherry west herself identified the shooter as lang then changed it to later to elkins..and this was on the witness stand! These statements are not opinions either, they are facts. There is just too much reasonable doubt for me...

Apparently police investigated that information and found it was not connected to the case at hand. They felt confident they had their perps. I feel justice has been done.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=282727

A Georgia woman was spared from prison Monday and sentenced to probation for helping dispose of a gun that police say her brother used to kill a 13-month-old boy during an attempted street robbery last year.

Sabrina Elkins, 20, will spend six months confined to a work camp for women as part of her 5-year probation sentence. She pleaded guilty in May to tampering with evidence...

Prosecutors still have one defendant with a pending case in the killing. Dominique Lang, who was 15 at the time of his arrest, still faces a murder charge in Superior Court. His defense attorney has asked the judge to move his case to juvenile court. It's a legal maneuver that would make the murder charge go away.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/georgia-news/teen-accomplice-in-killing-of-toddler-makes-plea/32136134

The last person charged in the 2013 murder of a toddler during a robbery attempt on the streets of Brunswick two years ago has pleaded guilty Tuesday to criminal attempt to commit robbery.

Prosecutors agreed to drop a felony murder charge against 17-year-old Dominique Lang in the slaying of young Antonio Santiago...

Lang pleaded guilty to criminal attempt to commit armed robbery, said District Attorney Jackie Johnson of the Brunswick Judicial Circuit. A Superior Court judge gave Lang credit for the two years he has already served in jail and sentenced him to eight more years on probation. Johnson said Lang will spend the next year essentially under house arrest, unable to leave his grandmother's home except for school, work and church.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back