GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 3m

Defense wants sentencing done at a later date for #elkins @wjxt4 he faces the possibility of life in prison.

Sorry to barge into the discussion.. I have not been watching the trial, but following along in reading here each day so, forgive me if this has already been thoroughly explained AND I just missed it..

I want to preface this by saying I have no doubt that this mother is the victim and IMO this defense has done only more damage in their totally revictimizing her throughout this trial including actually attempting to point the finger at her for being the murderer of her baby boy(along with finger pointing at every other person they could think of)..

anyhow to my question regarding the .22 caliber murder weapon.. was it explained why ballistics testing was not possible with this gun and the 2 bullets from the mom and baby?.. was there actual tampering of the gun prior to disposing of it in the water, as in I know that there are ways to damage the barrel of the gun so as to make ballistics matching of gun-to-bullet-fired impossible.. is this what happened or was there some other reason that's already been discussed and I've just missed or overlooked this info?

TIA to anyone who can shed more light on this issue or point me in the direction of where I can find this info and/or discussion.

I think the quick answer is the small bullet mushes up & firearm forensics as we know from tv & movies is not possible.

Guilty!!!

Thank God...so sad that the Mother had to be drug through the mud by this horrible defense attorney and had to endure so much hatred from so many people, after the loss of her baby. I hope and pray that she will find some peace, someday.

Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 5m

Karimah #elkins faces up to 10 years in prison for tampering with evidence. @wjxt4

Thank you jurors.

Guilty!!!

Thank God...so sad that the Mother had to be drug through the mud by this horrible defense attorney and had to endure so much hatred from so many people, after the loss of her baby. I hope and pray that she will find some peace, someday.
I

She has had a lot of misfortune & sorrow. I hope the other cases will plea ( but not for reduced charges/sentences.)

Today, the 'truth came out' and justice was done for Antonio.

Thank you, Cobb County, for seeing straight through the defense's heinous tactics and relying on the facts.

Hallelujah, the baby killer is off the streets!

Amen to that. Justice finally!

They are going to proceed with sentencing. Defense is asking for it. Defense wants gag order lifted. Approved.

Anybody that would shoot a baby between the eyes in a stroller in front of his mother is a true monster. I dont think he can ever be allowed to walk free again.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Lang now.

HLN has it on now, says live at bottom. I just tuned it.

Now that we have a guilty verdict, maybe the victim bashing will stop. I can dream, right?

IMO

wow...defense attorney Gough could not wait to get the gag order lifted and get out to the press in front of the courthouse. For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would want to listen to him anymore. That being said...I am thankful that there are defense attorneys that are willing to represent defendants so that our system of justice can go on.

Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 33s

D.A. Jackie Johnson says she is not doing interviews yet because there are other codefendants in baby toddler killing @wjxt4

(CLASS ACT of a DA!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back