GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 3h

Kimberly Anderson says she ran over and saw bullet wound in toddlers head. West put baby on ground to give him CPR. @wjxt4 #elkins
Expand

Neighbor explaining how she saw Sherry West move stroller into a neighbors yard after the shooting. Neighbor ran over and called 911

witness is unavailable. attorneys are reading his deposition into the record.

sorry folks but that IS the way we sound in Gawr-ger (dawg, whut, wussant, etc)

Don't need to apologize to me, I'm from Alabama. I can understand them all just fine :)

Judge made no decision on the motion. Jury now back in court to continue with #elkins trial @wjxt4
Expand

In the motion, defense wants to call witnesses to testify about Louis Santiago's role as a father and lover. @wjxt4 #elkins
Expand

Jury is out of court while lawyers and judge discuss defense motion to dismiss for outrageous government conduct

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2013-08-28/defense-accused-baby-killer-begins-setbacks

"During tearful testimony, Glassey explained she never met Antonio and hadn’t seen her mother before today, except briefly four years ago, ever since West lost custody when Glassey was 8. West called her the evening of the murder to give the news of her stepbrother’s death."

So, Glassey hasn't seen her mother but once in 13 years. IMO she has a grudge and possibly wanted to get even with her mom. Wonder if Gough asked Glassey if she, herself, had any mental problems.

Judge made no decision on the motion. Jury now back in court to continue with #elkins trial @wjxt4
Expand

In the motion, defense wants to call witnesses to testify about Louis Santiago's role as a father and lover. @wjxt4 #elkins
Expand

Jury is out of court while lawyers and judge discuss defense motion to dismiss for outrageous government conduct

I am lost. What in the world is "the outrageous government conduct"
I do wish he would explain his tweets.

Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 2m

Defense is playing a video of Sherry West talking to police in an interview rm the day of the shooting. The jury is watching video.

Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 2m

West is emotional during the police interview. @wjxt4 #elkins pic.twitter.com/rVbtx3bGud

I don't think the daughter's testimony will hurt the mom's credibility that much. It is not that big of a deal, imo, that she first said the baby was shot first, then later said he was shot last. She was obviously in shock and was totally overwhelmed. I don't see how that testimony from her estranged daughter makes this sitting defendant innocent.

Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 39s

Tape is still playing.. West is going off on deep tangent. She talks abt finding love again but still having issues w/ Antonio's father.
Expand
Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 8m

Video is 2 hours. Jury may be watching all of it. Sometimes West cries, laughs or goes off on tangents. pic.twitter.com/DHfKoo0jpS

I don't see how this tape, which shows a grieving woman with mentAl Health issues, does anything to prove Elkin's innocence.

I just watched the video of the daughter testifying. I get a bad vibe from her. I think she wants to punish her mother for something. But I find her testimony drama laced and I don't find her credible.

The feed stopped for me a few minutes ago...anyone else still watching SW's police interview?

My mother talked about her father's life insurance on the same day he died as well. She wanted to begin planning his funeral, to take the burden off her mother. And she wondered how much insurance there was and when it woyld be available for the funeral expenses.

Sherry West was probably grieving and talking nervously. Asking about a 5 thousand dollar insurance policy does not make her GUILTY of shooting her baby in the head.

After offering condolences for my loss, The funeral director asked if there were any life insurance policies and that they would handle filing for me. The cost of the funeral was deducted from the insurance proceeds and the balance was mailed to me in a check.

That said, some funeral homes offer funerals for infants and children at no cost. Some churches and cemeteries also offer burial plots for infants and children at no charge if the parents do not have the funds to bury their babies and/or children.

This interview was done either after she got of the hospital after being treated or the next day. The defense attorney is trying to take advantage of that fact. She is an articulate young woman, just not sophisticated. And she's probably nervous. I was married to an LEO for 26 years and still got nervous walking into the police station or a room full of cops. Don't you all dare tell a soul that :) :scared:

She 'aced' the witness stand, IMHO. Didn't let the defense flap her.

This interview was done either after she got of the hospital after being treated or the next day. The defense attorney is trying to take advantage of that fact. She is an articulate young woman, just not sophisticated. And she's probably nervous. I was married to an LEO for 26 years and still got nervous walking into the police station or a room full of cops. Don't you all dare tell a soul that :) :scared:

She 'aced' the witness stand, IMHO. Didn't let the defense flap her.

If you mean the taped interview being shown in court, it was the same day of the shooting and after she went to the hospital. Strange she wasn't kept in the hospital longer with the bullet in her leg. The detective kept referring to the shooting as "this morning".

I taped up until the feed froze, I will try to post on youtube later today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back