GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Problem is, she told investigators she never saw the face of the 'five year old' boy. How do yo explain Long saying the baby was screaming and SW always maintaining he was asleep? Too much doubt...IMO

In the chaotic event of a violent armed robbery that ends in murder, lots of 'facts' are going to be in conflict. People are experiencing the event very differently. The robbers are not going to experience the event in the same way as the victims. Maybe the baby was asleep for MOST of the time, but woke up screaming after being shot. No surprise that mom might have blocked that out, imo.

That kid does look like a 5 yr old boy. he is very short and very young looking.

Wouldn't you imagine the mom was very overwhelmed and shocked at the time of the shooting?

I had a job where I used to interview people after stressful events. the stories never matched 'perfectly' bacuse everyone perceives things in a different manner. It does not mean they are lying, just viewing their reality in a different manner, imo.

SW has menatl health issues and is on meds. Her version of events is not going to be crystal clear. But that does not mean that the robbers should walk free, imo.

I am afraid sometimes it does mean the alleged killer will walk free - Casey Anthony did.

In the chaotic event of a violent armed robbery that ends in murder, lots of 'facts' are going to be in conflict. People are experiencing the event very differently. The robbers are not going to experience the event in the same way as the victims. Maybe the baby was asleep for MOST of the time, but woke up screaming after being shot. No surprise that mom might have blocked that out, imo.

That kid does look like a 5 yr old boy. he is very short and very young looking.

Wouldn't you imagine the mom was very overwhelmed and shocked at the time of the shooting?

I had a job where I used to interview people after stressful events. the stories never matched 'perfectly' bacuse everyone perceives things in a different manner. It does not mean they are lying, just viewing their reality in a different manner, imo.

SW has menatl health issues and is on meds. Her version of events is not going to be crystal clear. But that does not mean that the robbers should walk free, imo.

Problem is, she told investigators she never saw the face of the 'five year old' boy. How do yo explain Long saying the baby was screaming and SW always maintaining he was asleep? Too much doubt...IMO

Baby crying or not is a meaningless discrepancy. Whether baby cried or not has no relevance on who killed him. There are always discrepancies in eyewitness testimony. If you are demanding no discrepancies, nobody would be convicted ever.

I am afraid sometimes it does mean the alleged killer will walk free - Casey Anthony did.

I am sorry, but just because sometimes an alleged killer walks free, doesn't mean they always should.

IAs I posted earlier, the implication was Little Antonio died immediately so he didn't suffer. And that makes it OK to Gough?.... Disgusting!

That was just gut wrenching to listen to. It was like he was trying to point out that shooting a baby who was asleep in his stroller, at close range, is 'ok' as long it was 'merciful'. If anyone is 'wired wrong' in this case, it's Gough.

By the time the second shot rang out, Long was in a panic. His 'fight or flight' instinct had hit on it's top level and he had made the decision to flee. What he mistook for the baby, was probably a cry from Sherry West.

SW was nervious during the interview and had just suffered a terrible trauma. Technically, she was under the influence of pain meds given to her at the hospital, and the police had no business whatsoever in questioning her under those circumstances.

You can bet the defense knows this and is milking it for all he can.

By the time the second shot rang out, Long was in a panic. His 'fight or flight' instinct had hit on it's top level and he had made the decision to flee. What he mistook for the baby, was probably a cry from Sherry West.

SW was nervious during the interview and had just suffered a terrible trauma. Technically, she was under the influence of pain meds given to her at the hospital, and the police had no business whatsoever in questioning her under those circumstances.

You can bet the defense knows this and is milking it for all he can.

BBM: and how those meds reacted with her daily meds...

OK, it's 9:15am and all I'm getting on the firstcoastnews.com feed is the test pattern and beeping on the audio...anyone have a working feed to share??

Thanks and good morning to all!!

Westie Mom

ETA: Feed working as of 9:40, Karimah's atty up, focusing on line up ID, SODDI, etc.

Bill Rankin ‏@ajccourts 3h

Defense: "Police wanted to conform to story (of shooting)" #elkins
Expand

McIlvaine: "There's no proof" #Elkins' mother even knew of a shooting.
Expand

McIlvaine: No warrant used when police came to #Elkins' mother's apartment. Wasn't Mirandized, either.
Expand

McIlvaine, #Elkiins mother: "My client was in jail at time" of killing.
Expand

McIlvaine, atty of #Elkins' mother: "I hope you don't forget about my client."
Expand

C. Boone here live tweeting closing arguments in #Elkins Brunswick baby killing trial.

Bill Rankin ‏@ajccourts 6m

Defense: Sherry West acted in a rather bizarre way just after her child was murdered, made inconsistent IDs #elkins
Expand
Bill Rankin ‏@ajccourts 12m

Jonathan Lockwood to deliver closing on behalf of De'Marquise #Elkins
Expand
Bill Rankin ‏@ajccourts 16m

Atty for #Elkins mom: ‘What proof do we have that the gun she got rid of was the murder weapon? Zero.”
Expand
Bill Rankin ‏@ajccourts 19m

Defense: "Nothing (Dominique Lang) says is true;" West picked out right guy (Lang) the day of shooting #Elkins
Expand
Bill Rankin ‏@ajccourts 25m

Defense: "Dominique Lang shot this baby!" #elkins

Defense thrown a lot against the wall, seems to have settled on theory that alleged accomplice Lang & cousin were invlvd #elkins
Expand

Defense: They made the arrest on the word of Argie Brooks (a crackhead) and alleged accomplice Dominique Lang (a liar) #elkins
Expand

Defense: State "didn't care what sort of witnesses came forward in this case" #Elkins

I am surprised this went to trial in less than a year, which is good.

Seems that the Defense figured out how poorly Gough has performed and been perceived...perhaps reading here?? His male associate is doing their Closing...thank GOD we don't have to listen to Gough!! Oh to be a fly on the wall when this last-minute switch comes up later in the jury room :-)

Westie Mom

No one seems to be tweeting anymore. Taking a break. Elkins' attorney just done with his closing.

So after all the innuendo directed at mother and father, defense is claiming that 14 year old shot the baby?
:banghead:

Since defense has pointed the finger at everybody they can think of and finally settled on DL and his cousin, I would say defense did a very poor job of interviewing both these boys. Gough should have zeroed in on them early in the game, if that is who his is now blaming. I don't think for one minute these 2 boys shot that baby in the face! Elkins, his mother, his aunt, and his sister should all go to prison!

Bill Rankin ‏@ajccourts 12m

#Elkins attty on police: 'We have our arrest, we finished in 25 hrs, we’re done. E'ing they did after that was made to sugarcoat it.'

Since defense has pointed the finger at everybody they can think of and finally settled on DL and his cousin, I would say defense did a very poor job of interviewing both these boys. Gough should have zeroed in on them early in the game, if that is who his is now blaming. I don't think for one minute these 2 boys shot that baby in the face! Elkins, his mother, his aunt, and his sister should all go to prison!

But, that's the way you go about it when you know your client is guilty. You do enough to maybe raise a question, but you don't do so much that the actual truth comes out. That is the way of defense attorneys and our justice system. jmo:seeya:

Brunswick DA Jackie Johnson gives closing for state in #Elkins trial

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member