GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am standing here in the middle of an aisle in Walmart hitting the Thanks button like a crack monkey!

Gough defending his client having bullets in his pocket at the time of his arrest...saying he lives in a bad crime area and that's why he had .22 bullets in his pocket. Yes, that's it...he was trying to protect himself. Gough even cited 2nd Amendment rights. Now, saying he didn't have a jury of his peers and jurors had "other" things going on in their lives which made them give the wrong verdict. Umm..pretty much YOU asked for a change of venue.

(Hot air)

Gough defending his client having bullets in his pocket at the time of his arrest...saying he lives in a bad crime area and that's why he had .22 bullets in his pocket. Yes, that's it...he was trying to protect himself. Gough even cited 2nd Amendment rights. Now, saying he didn't have a jury of his peers and jurors had "other" things going on in their lives which made them give the wrong verdict. Umm..pretty much YOU asked for a change of venue.

(Hot air)

Was he going to throw the bullets if attacked?? smh

Now that we have a guilty verdict, maybe the victim bashing will stop. I can dream, right?

IMO

SW was also an eyewitness in the case and witnesses credibility is always challenged. Besides, when did a verdict ever stop victim bashing.

Was he going to throw the bullets if attacked?? smh

Thats what I thought too. Bullets dont do you any good without a gun. Why was the gun missing? Because it had to be disposed of since it had been used in a murder. Besises, he was underage to be in possession of a handgun.

(Hot air)

BBM, Moving, so I'm in and out. Missed all of todays and been reading to catch up. Saw a tweet about an employer calling the defense??? saying the employee was fired? Is THAT true?? Because we all know the judge won't sit one minute for that. And it's suspect twofold, one they seemed to have called the defense? and secondly, either right before or during deliberation? This just STINKS of something that low life defense would pull to get his client off. I thought he had sunk as low as one person could go asking SW if she thought her son's death was merciful, but...

Great job, jury! You should be proud of yourselves.
Thanks for the company through this, Websleuthers.

SW was also an eyewitness in the case and witnesses credibility is always challenged. Besides, when did a verdict ever stop victim bashing.

She was not only an eye witness to a murder, she was an eye witness to the MURDER OF HER BABY BOY.

God bless her!
I can not imagine what she went through. And what she's still going through.

Perhaps now that there is a verdict, it can at least be put to rest here at WS.

People have been found guilty. SW was not one of them.

JMO

I live in Cobb County. The demographics could not be more different than the neighborhood in which the defendants lived in Brunswick. I know the defense asked for the change of venue, but I cannot imagine they were pleased with the resulting location. This is a very law and order, conservative, low crime suburb of Atlanta, with the exception of certain small pockets. I am not implying by this that fair-minded and impartial jurors cannot be found anywhere or everywhere, including Brunswick, GA. I believe they can. But these defendants would be hardpressed to find a jury panel drawn from Cobb that would be sympathetic to or understanding of their claims of being railroaded or framed for this crime. I'll leave it at that. Justice served. JMO IMO MOO

BBM, Moving, so I'm in and out. Missed all of todays and been reading to catch up. Saw a tweet about an employer calling the defense??? saying the employee was fired? Is THAT true?? Because we all know the judge won't sit one minute for that. And it's suspect twofold, one they seemed to have called the defense? and secondly, either right before or during deliberation? This just STINKS of something that low life defense would pull to get his client off. I thought he had sunk as low as one person could go asking SW if she thought her son's death was merciful, but...

Sounds very fishy to me as well. Why would an employee let defense lawyer know he is firing a juror? And it's not legal to fire someone because of jury duty. Something stinks to high heaven here.

Due to his age, the most he can get is LWOP. Speculation in local media is that the sentencing will be moved back to Brunswick. I hope he does get LWOP because if he gets out while he's still young enough to hold a gun he will rob and shoot someone else. Because that's what he does.

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!

I am on a trip, with little to no wifi,but found a place that my i-pad works. SO HAPPY to see this GUILTY verdict. I think Elkins is a vile monster and I was so worried that the defense shenanigans was going to fool a few jurors. Thank Goodness they saw the truth. And Quickly too.

:jail: :jail: :jail: :jail: :jail:

Sounds very fishy to me as well. Why would an employee let defense lawyer know he is firing a juror? And it's not legal to fire someone because of jury duty. Something stinks to high heaven here.

That whole situation seemed 'orchastrated' to trip the jury. And ANY employer knows that it's not legal to fire someone over jury duty. She had to let her HR person know she was going to be gone and had to get permission. Once it's granted, there is *nothing* an employer can do about it. Nothing. Because the judge can and will cloud up and rain his judicial cloud all over that employer if he does.

If it's investigated, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be something along those lines.

I'm not sure if this has already been posted or not:

'The jury also convicted him of an attempted robbery and aggravated assault for shooting the Rev. Wilfredo Calix-Flores in the arm 10 days before Antonio’s death. Eyewitnesses testified the preacher was shot after he failed to meet Elkins’ demands for money and a cellphone.'

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...shooting-death-13-month-old-boy#ixzz2dedBary8

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back