GA - Apalachee High School shooting, 4 dead, 9 injured, Winder, Barrow County - 04 September 2024 *father and son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She called the school in a panic on the morning of Sept. 4 after getting the message, which said "I'm sorry," and said Colin Gray, the boy's father, received similar text messages that morning.

thank you it couldn't have been more obvious staring me in the face

ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - An assault-style rifle wasn’t the only weapon the suspected Apalachee High School shooter allegedly brought to class, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI).

Sep. 13, 2024 at 9:55 AM EDT|Updated: 1 hour ago

There are concerns over his (ColG) safety.

ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - The father of the suspected Apalachee High School shooter, also facing charges himself, filed a motion to be separated from the other inmates in Barrow County custody.

Sep. 11, 2024 at 7:57 PM EDT

This is why I keep bringing it up. My opinion, some things don't quite add up yet, in my mind, on the issue of the rifle, what exactly the kind of rifle it was, how it is being called an ar15 style rifle yet doesn't break down, and then, how it was brought in to the school in a backpack, with what I'd assume (Opinion only) had the barrel sticking out of the backpack, and possibly wrapped with something? or disguised in some fashion?

Couple the above with the aforeposted photo of the rifle, though grainy/fuzzy, it appears to not be a complete rifle, and to be honest, I'm not sure what it really is in that picture.

I would think school personnel would benefit from being aware of just how this rifle was able to be carried in to a classroom, in a backpack, with the barrel sticking out of the pack, possibly disguised in some manner. I think it's extremely critical, and important information, for safety's sake, and in an attempt to be aware, so as to possibly prevent further trouble down the road.

It's not much different than making faculty/staff aware that cocaine can be brought in to school in a chapstick or lipstick container, or weed stuffed in to a pen, or a vape that looks like a cell phone, etc. etc.

Lastly, the entire idea of a rifle being brought in to a school building likely wouldn't be a concern if proper preventative measures were in place at the door, AND, other preventative measures were strictly adhered to by faculty/staff.

View attachment 530970
Sometimes I think that looks like a skateboard in the pic! But it really is too blurry to tell exactly. Could it be multiple items lying on the floor together, one of which may or may not be the gun? There's something on the near side that looks like a tube or cylinder-shaped item, with the opening facing the camera. Maybe a cardboard tube or similar. This may have been what he put over the part of the gun that stuck out of the backpack, to hide it. I think something like that wouldn't have drawn any attention.

It doesn't help that at least once a week, usually more, a post of a bomb threat or other threat of violence is uncovered. The last one in Ohio they traced to a 12 year-old girl who said she was "trying to be funny." What is going on in the minds of these children??
Kids called in bomb threats fairly often back when I was in high school in Ohio. Late 70s thru early 80s.

We all got sent outside to wait while the local police searched the school. Usually we were outside from 30-45 minutes then the police left and we went back to class.

Kids called in bomb threats fairly often back when I was in high school in Ohio. Late 70s thru early 80s.

We all got sent outside to wait while the local police searched the school. Usually we were outside from 30-45 minutes then the police left and we went back to class.
The difference is that now school systems cancel classes, send kids home, etc. It's extremely disruptive to the learning process, I'm sure. Right after I wrote my OP, I read about another entire district about 30 minutes from the other school system. The 2nd district sent kids home this morning after several of their schools, including elementaries, were targets of threats. I think that was a bomb threat, bc they relocated students to another location and had staggered dismissal times from there. There was no lockdown.

It seems it's turning into a bit of an hysteria. I separate private school also sent kids home, and a large business closed and sent workers home. They haven't released the details of the specific threat, but it had to be pretty significant.

Waiting to hear back from a friend who has a child in the district. AMOO

The difference is that now school systems cancel classes, send kids home, etc. It's extremely disruptive to the learning process, I'm sure. Right after I wrote my OP, I read about another entire district about 30 minutes from the other school system. The 2nd district sent kids home this morning after several of their schools, including elementaries, were targets of threats. I think that was a bomb threat, bc they relocated students to another location and had staggered dismissal times from there. There was no lockdown.

It seems it's turning into a bit of an hysteria. I separate private school also sent kids home, and a large business closed and sent workers home. They haven't released the details of the specific threat, but it had to be pretty significant.

In Ohio, there are threats happening because of the fake story that has hit the news. The Ohio threats seem separate from a school-shooting threats, though equally as disruptive and unacceptable.

jmo

thank you it couldn't have been more obvious staring me in the face
I had to go back and read the article a couple of times before I could find it again and wondered where I had seen it the first time, lol. So not that easy to see for me, either.

I know of at least one instance in our local district where a threat was made, LE was contacted, came to the school, did whatever they did and declared it safe, and then at the end of the day the principal sent out an email saying there had been a threat that had been investigated and found baseless.

The teacher could have texted the principal, another staff member, the SRO. No action is unacceptable and a failure to perform a crucial job function... protecting all students.

Teachers have to get with the program. Protecting students safety is part of their job, administration/school boards need to hold everyone accountable. School safety is paramount !!! Empathy, complacent behavior cost lives. We see this replayed time and time again.

This school was a risk, no metal detectors, appears teachers/staff had no safety plan or failed to implement. A teacher not reporting a threat, a clear failure. A teacher leaving a door open unsecured, a clear failure. A guidance counselor going off to look for the wrong student, a clear failure.

I've yet, to see a school shooting that was NOT a direct result of staff failure to follow written policy.

Moo...
What policy was violated at Sandy Hook? I don’t recall anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back