GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 1029UMGA, 50-70, w/ photo of young girl, Dec'80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I got an email from the investigator (Fulton County) handling the case, today. The investigator is in contact with a detective from the Provincial Police in Ontario, Canada. The are going to send DNA of the missing's family, and a sample of the remains to an FBI lab for testing. According to the investigator, the process could take a few months. The investigator is kindly updating me, and I'll report back here as soon as I receive more information.

Thanks for letting us know, vspin :)

I got an email from the investigator (Fulton County) handling the case, today. The investigator is in contact with a detective from the Provincial Police in Ontario, Canada. The are going to send DNA of the missing's family, and a sample of the remains to an FBI lab for testing. According to the investigator, the process could take a few months. The investigator is kindly updating me, and I'll report back here as soon as I receive more information.

Great work!

I have mentioned James Samuel Delorenzo previously but apparently forgot the link

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1344dmfl.html

The height is off and his difficulty walking concerns me but the clothing sounds very close and the missing's hair is noted as blond.

Definitely think you should submit this. He's not in Namus though right? I think Namus only accepts submissions when both subjects have a Namus file which I guess means you need to submit to LE or does Doe Network have a submission process?

There is one Pamela T. Dwight age 52 on Intelius.

I would find it unusual that a daughter would sign their last name and middle initial on a hand written note to their father, so it may be Pam + Dwight.

Yes, I agree but a little girl who just learned to wright her name would...maybe...

I am encouraged that so many people find this case intriguing; I thought you might appreciate more information-
The decedent in this case was found December 19, 1980 "…in a wooded area at the base of a large tree" surrounded by bushes at Interstate 75 and Northside Drive in Atlanta (Fulton County), GA. The remains consisted of skeletal elements and skin portions "mainly in the left side of the head as well as the back". There was a blue shirt and blue work pants with a brown belt found with/on the body. Shirt collar size 16 1/2 and sleeve size 34-35 inches. A wallet was found with the remains that contained wet documents and photos that were left to dry at the time of autopsy and sent, when dry, to the crime lab. A lower denture was found with the body; the location of that denture is not currently known. Scalp hair was described as gray blonde. "The upper teeth have been extracted in the past and the alveolar sockets are more or less obliterated. No lower jaw is present." The decedent was described as being "dead for many months".
The Georiga Bureau of Investigation Department of Forensic Science evaluated the documents and photos found with the remains; the report was completed by Chief Document Examiner James Kelly, January 12, 1981. The photograph of the young girl had handwritten on the reverse: "Sept. _____, 4 years old". A second photograph (front obliterated) bore handwriting on the reverse: "HR Bow dyeing & finishing, 278-3448". Fragments of a handwritten letter contained the following, line by line:
4-3-___
Dear Dad
Hope yo
alright here
hope ___ it help
th of us
as usual.
Nothing new
much. Both
had ___illins
HA HA really
___ly you
let me know
plenty of this
a cat
+ ___
HA HA
Take
can get together
___ together
wonderful husband
___king after me.
call or write
g fine he's
great dog
and behave
know right
Love Pam __ Dwight

DNA was extracted from specimens sent to the FBI CODIS NMPDD; mitochondrial DNA is available for comparison. We have two potential identity comparisons in progress.

Great additional info. Thanks

The second word I think is Blaing which actually is a last name. Most of them lived or live in Arizona.

Could also be B Laing.

Lastly the first word imo is 41W, probably a street.

Last edited:
I am encouraged that so many people find this case intriguing; I thought you might appreciate more information-
The decedent in this case was found December 19, 1980 "…in a wooded area at the base of a large tree" surrounded by bushes at Interstate 75 and Northside Drive in Atlanta (Fulton County), GA. The remains consisted of skeletal elements and skin portions "mainly in the left side of the head as well as the back". There was a blue shirt and blue work pants with a brown belt found with/on the body. Shirt collar size 16 1/2 and sleeve size 34-35 inches. A wallet was found with the remains that contained wet documents and photos that were left to dry at the time of autopsy and sent, when dry, to the crime lab. A lower denture was found with the body; the location of that denture is not currently known. Scalp hair was described as gray blonde. "The upper teeth have been extracted in the past and the alveolar sockets are more or less obliterated. No lower jaw is present." The decedent was described as being "dead for many months".
The Georiga Bureau of Investigation Department of Forensic Science evaluated the documents and photos found with the remains; the report was completed by Chief Document Examiner James Kelly, January 12, 1981. The photograph of the young girl had handwritten on the reverse: "Sept. _____, 4 years old". A second photograph (front obliterated) bore handwriting on the reverse: "HR Bow dyeing & finishing, 278-3448". Fragments of a handwritten letter contained the following, line by line:
4-3-___
Dear Dad
Hope yo
alright here
hope ___ it help
th of us
as usual.
Nothing new
much. Both
had ___illins
HA HA really
___ly you
let me know
plenty of this
a cat
+ ___
HA HA
Take
can get together
___ together
wonderful husband
___king after me.
call or write
g fine he's
great dog
and behave
know right
Love Pam __ Dwight

DNA was extracted from specimens sent to the FBI CODIS NMPDD; mitochondrial DNA is available for comparison. We have two potential identity comparisons in progress.

As I understood no rule outs still, what happened to this 2 leads? It's 10 years later....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back