Found Alive GA - Ayvani Perez, 14, Ellenwood, 17 Sept 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did anyone in family know these thugs? This is so strange!

Well, I have to hope the perps don't read here but what I think is that the 'family scraping together the money' story is a tactic to buy time for negotiations/investigation.

I just believe firmly that this will end well. I think these guys are wanted by LE for other robberies or B & E. I think they took her as a "fly by the seat of your pants" stupid move because mom didn't have money or jewelry and that peed them off (fast to anger and act irrationally is something maniacs and criminals do, but kids do as well). Since they're already getting away with other things...why not add kidnapping to the list of things they can brag about to their buddies? Seriously I think they're up poop creek without a paddle because now they have her and haven't a clue what the heck to do.

... and I think they're young (18ish)...$10,000 is like a million bucks when you're young. Ayvani gets to go home unharmed, they get their money and everybody walks away happy...I think they are believing this will be the outcome (they watched too many movies maybe).

In any case...I have high hopes and I think she'll be okay. And..I think they shot the family dog out of nothing but fear (scared the dog was going to bite them so they shot it). And..if the ransom thing doesn't work out they'll probably drop her off somewhere (alive).

At this point I think the perps are peeing their pants. ...jmo

"Missing Forum Discussion This is the place for case discussion and opinion regarding those who are missing."

For now I'm going with Family blurting out things in the heat of emotion and perhaps surmising what LE and Parents are doing.

Hi guys...on my previous post I said I thought they were amateurs.....I think I chose the wrong word.......I am sure they are long time criminals, however I meant in the art of being strategic criminals....you know, what you see on the movies when someone is kidnapped and held to ransom.......

Hi guys...on my previous post I said I thought they were amateurs.....I think I chose the wrong word.......I am sure they are long time criminals, however I meant in the art of being strategic criminals....you know, what you see on the movies when someone is kidnapped and held to ransom.......

I knew what ya meant. I posted same too :seeya:

What seems so strange to me is the demands for money, jewelry and *guns*. As the family hadn't lived in this neighborhood very long (a month, I believe) it's puzzling why this house would have been targeted. Maybe a previous resident at the home was known to collect guns?

As far as the ransom demand goes, I would not be surprised if this is the perps buying time to figure out what to do, make a deal with LE. (Yes, I think BOTH sides are buying time with this whole ransom discussion.) I am terribly afraid for Ayvani, because even though the sketches were released pretty quickly, there were still a few hours during which they had a terrified young girl at their complete mercy and were anonymous as far as they knew themselves.

I just fear that men who were brazen enough to invade a home in the middle of the night and shoot a dog would be no respecters of the person or life of a young girl who was completely in their power. :(

And to the poster who asked upthread (I apologize, I don't remember exactly who) if they would be eligible for the death penalty if caught--Georgia does have the death penalty. But although Georgia law provides for the possibility of the death penalty for certain crimes other than murder, in practice the sentence has been primarily given for murder cases.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/georgia-law/georgia-capital-punishment-laws.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_executed_in_Georgia_(U.S._state)

Now, if I was using my skeptical Websleuths-experienced mind to think this whole thing through, I could devise a scenario that goes something like this:

Someone in the victim's family made this scheme up with these perps so they could extort $10,000. But geez.....$10,000? Split 3 ways, this would be chump-change.

:cough: Quinn Gray :cough:

I really do hope she isn't in serious danger and she is found soon.

Hope she is found safe and sound soon. The news gets crazier every day. Reminds of the other home abductions where it was some sort of payback i.e. someone in the house owed them money or drugs etc. so they take a person. Can't remember the name but there was one a few years ago with a kid who was like 3. Bunch of sickos! At least he was returned safe. Of course it could be random too. Looking at this at all angles. Read about a case like this where the brother was involved in a drug ring, they got mad at him, kidnapped his little sister and killed her. I am praying this doesn't happen here and that these young men come to their senses. All the young men involved in the case I read about were tried and convicted.

Well, if this family is trying to scrape together $10,000, they have probably contacted everyone they know, including employers and church friends, etc. The word is going to get out....

$10,000 is NOTHING to raise.
That's where this is starting to smell fishy .... or like something planned by kids.
Also, those stereotypical composite sketches. I know I'm sounding skeptical, but I remember that one Susan Smith came up with (Amos N' Andy in PROFILE, when the perp would have been facing her). These two look like something out of a comedy sketch.

This just sounds like a coverup of something else....

The chances of her being alive aren't good imo. They not only have to stay hidden but have to keep her hidden and fed and supply a place for her to use the potty.... just not looking good imo

This story is kind of a mystery right now. Prayers that she's safe.

The rest of all this story is up in the air and is confusing. At this point, I don't believe it's exactly as being reported in the media.

edited to add: I don't believe this story after reading through the last little bit of information.

$10,000 is NOTHING to raise.
That's where this is starting to smell fishy .... or like something planned by kids.

As someone stated earlier, it would not be unthinkable for LE to front that kind of cash. BUT....a family from Mexico, who recently separated or divorced and keeping up two households on minimal funds, $10,000 would be significant.
Now if they are purchasing their home, they should be able to access a line of credit...but perhaps they are renting.

I just think this whole story sounds like a scheme or something. Otherwise, its totally horrific.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NatSC
Back