GUILTY GA - Bartow Co. Landfill, 18-35, WhtFem, dismembered, 13 Aug 2018 - Courtney Nicole Dubois *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not confirmed yet. I think someone accidentally moved the thread too early. It looks like she has been identified based on social media comments (which we can't discuss here) but for some reason the police are saying it is not official yet and they are still waiting on DNA results.
so they changed it to identified from the comments and suggestions via social media even though it's not confirmed?

so they changed it to identified from the comments and suggestions via social media even though it's not confirmed?

I don't think they did it on purpose but there is currently a shortage of mods to handle the unidentified section (last I saw anyway Tricia was looking for a full time UID mod). We are not supposed to pay attention to social media comments. We are not supposed to post anything said only in social media-- it must come from an official LE or MSM source. A member might have sent in an alert saying she was ID'd and an overworked mod from another section might have changed it without looking carefully at the source of the info. They are volunteers and human. They make mistakes sometimes. I alerted last night that it was prematurely moved but no one has gotten back to change it yet. Since she probably is ID'd I don't think this is too big of a deal to keep the thread over here-- no one needs to keep searching for MP's that could be her-- but in the meantime we can't mention the name being floated on social media until it is official.

If the pictures of the tattoos were actual photos of her real body, then she couldn’t have been dead very long before being found. Which means she may not have been missing long either. I really hope they catch who did this!

Having seen the missing woman's photos on social media, I don't think there can really be any doubt as to her identity. The chest tattoo is clearly visible and identical to that of the unidentified person.

I completely agree. It just seems too custom to be on anyone else. I’m certain the tattoo has a personal meaning for DuBois...I don’t think you can find the tattoo in some random tattoo parlor art book.

It also appears that her father and sister have already confirmed the identity.

<modsnip>/ screenshots of fb not ok, leaving the note

Last edited by a moderator:
Body of missing W.Va. woman identified

Body of missing W.Va. woman identified - WVVA

BARTOW COUNTY, Georgia (WVVA) Bartow County Coroner Joel Guyton confirmed on Tuesday morning that the remains of a woman found in a Bartow County landfill on Aug. 13 were indeed those of missing Fairmont, West Virginia resident Courtney Dubois.

Weird, that article has changed to say her name is not being released:
BARTOW COUNTY, Georgia (WVVA) Bartow County Coroner Joel Guyton confirmed on Tuesday morning that the remains of a woman found in a Bartow County landfill on Aug. 13 were indeed those of a mission West Virginia woman. Her name however is not being released.
Body found in Georgia believed to be missing W.Va. woman - WVVA

Bartow County Coroner Joel Guyton retracted his statement from earlier tand said that positive identification had not been made on the remains of a woman found in a Bartow County landfill in August. Many have speculated that the remains were those of a missing Fairmount, West Virginia woman.

Guyton said Tuesday morning that an identification had been made, but later said the identification could not be confirmed until the GBI had completed their investigation.
There's a photo of CD at the link: UPDATE: Body Found in Bartow County Landfill Not Identified

CARTERSVILLE, GA — The Bartow County coroner has confirmed to Patch that no formal identification on the woman whose dismembered remains were found last month in a landfill has been made. Joel Guyton told Patch that authorities are still waiting on dental records to confirm the woman's identity.

Bartow County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Sgt. Jonathan Rogers said detectives are still working with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Medical Examiner's Office to get the information needed to identify the victim.
ID On Body Found In Bartow Landfill Still Pending (UPDATE)

I wonder if its a protocol thing of making sure its a complete match, or If something is going on in a time sensitive issue in this investigation.. I wonder the whole backstory of how this UID got to this situation..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlesCGB
Back