GUILTY GA - Bartow Co. Landfill, 18-35, WhtFem, dismembered, 13 Aug 2018 - Courtney Nicole Dubois *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if its a protocol thing of making sure its a complete match, or If something is going on in a time sensitive issue in this investigation.. I wonder the whole backstory of how this UID got to this situation..

Same... I know anything is possible but it seems like the norm with missing persons/UIDs is that they are found fairly close to where they went missing. Is there a time/date of when CD was last seen alive?

If a news outlet releases a name and then retracts it, are we supposed to do the same and keep the name off of any posts?

Same... I know anything is possible but it seems like the norm with missing persons/UIDs is that they are found fairly close to where they went missing. Is there a time/date of when CD was last seen alive?
There is a date, again its hard to say because of your second statement of what to write and not write. I don't believe any MSM had a date because Im not sure she was formally reported. I think the best course is that LE has all the information we know/have/seen/ or found so letting things play out is the best bet.

The body was cut into pieces, packed into individual bags, and placed into a dumpster.

Body found in Georgia believed to be missing W.Va. woman - WVVA

Such a gruesome crime. :mad:
I wonder if perhaps they are wanting to make sure all the parts are from the same woman? Although it seems like blood typing and DNA could determine that easily, maybe that is the real hold up-- waiting for lab results to make sure? I know those DNA tests can get backlogged for months so we may have a long wait. JMO.

Such a gruesome crime. :mad:
I wonder if perhaps they are wanting to make sure all the parts are from the same woman? Although it seems like blood typing and DNA could determine that easily, maybe that is the real hold up-- waiting for lab results to make sure? I know those DNA tests can get backlogged for months so we may have a long wait. JMO.

I don't think that is the case. They technically do not have to do tests on all body parts if they match up to each other (unless skeletal) and they did state she was recovered all.

Also they would not do press release yesterday morning with official confirmation if they were not 100% sure.

Their statement retractions few hours later is a bit embarassing (poor LE guy who had to do it) as it points that someone higher up did not authorise/or approve it. (GBI?)

Whats more important is their new statement -
Guyton said Tuesday morning that an identification had been made, but later said the identification could not be confirmed until the GBI had completed their investigation.

I would translate that, apart that they know her ID, they are focusing now on how, where and why and preparing for possible arrests. Only after all this is completed they will do new press release.

Question - Does GBI stands for Georgia Bureau of Investigation or something else? Are they state police and just helping local LE authority now and then or only in certain cases?

Last edited:
I don't think that is the case. They technically do not have to do tests on all body parts if they match up to each other (unless skeletal) and they did state she was recovered all.

Also they would not do press release yesterday morning with official confirmation if they were not 100% sure.

Their statement retractions few hours later is a bit embarassing (poor LE guy who had to do it) as it points that someone higher up did not authorise/or approve it. (GBI?)

Whats more important is their new statement -
Guyton said Tuesday morning that an identification had been made, but later said the identification could not be confirmed until the GBI had completed their investigation.

I would translate that, apart that they know her ID, they are focusing now on how, where and why and preparing for possible arrests. Only after all this is completed they will do new press release.

Question - Does GBI stands for Georgia Bureau of Investigation or something else? Are they state police and just helping local LE authority now and then or only in certain cases?

Good analysis Al Ka. I agree and also it seems like maybe there was some cross agency miscommunication. Yes, the GBI is the Georgia Bureau of Investigation: Georgia Bureau of Investigation |
It is a separate government agency from the state police or county police or city police. The GBI has resources and specialized forensics equipment that might not be available to small police forces. So you are right IMO that the key phrase in that revised statement is that the GBI needs to complete their investigation. Perhaps the GBI took over the case and requested no info be released at all until they were done investigating, but perhaps not everyone got the memo about that. IDK, I'm just guessing.

Bartow County Sheriff's Office (Official)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

September 5, 2018

The Bartow County Sheriff's Office is confirming the identity of the female victim located in the Bartow County Landfill on August 13th.

According to Sheriff Clark Millsap, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations Medical Examiner's Office has positively identified the victim as Courtney Nicole Dubois, 20, of West Virginia. Dubois is reported missing from the Fairmont, West Virginia Police Department.

Medical examiner's were able to use dental records obtained through law enforcement channels from her family to confirm her identity. Sheriff Millsap stated, "This is an important step in the investigative process and allows law enforcement to focus specifically on Courtney Dubois from this point and going forward."

More information will be released as new developments occur.

Bartow County Sheriff's Office (Official)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

September 5, 2018

The Bartow County Sheriff's Office is confirming the identity of the female victim located in the Bartow County Landfill on August 13th.

According to Sheriff Clark Millsap, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations Medical Examiner's Office has positively identified the victim as Courtney Nicole Dubois, 20, of West Virginia. Dubois is reported missing from the Fairmont, West Virginia Police Department.

Medical examiner's were able to use dental records obtained through law enforcement channels from her family to confirm her identity. Sheriff Millsap stated, "This is an important step in the investigative process and allows law enforcement to focus specifically on Courtney Dubois from this point and going forward."

More information will be released as new developments occur.

I hope this is finally official-official. I'm sort of afraid to alert the poor mods to change the thread title in case tomorrow LE decides to retract the ID again. :oops: Would anyone like to alert to have the title changed once again? Hopefully it will be the last time (until there is an arrest at least). I hope there is justice for Courtney.

I hope this is finally official-official. I'm sort of afraid to alert the poor mods to change the thread title in case tomorrow LE decides to retract the ID again. :oops: Would anyone like to alert to have the title changed once again? Hopefully it will be the last time (until there is an arrest at least). I hope there is justice for Courtney.
Already done. This looks official-official to me. Several MSMs mention her name now as well:

BREAKING: West Virginia woman ID’d as dismembered body found in Bartow landfill

upload_2018-9-6_3-24-48.jpeg

I am curious about her missing persons case. It says she was missing from WV.
I couldn’t find any info on her case. I’m surprised there wasn’t any type of press release, news article, anything!

According to some comments made on the Bartow County Sheriff's Office FB page; it seems she had acquaintances/friends down in that area and wasn't unusual for her to take off for extended periods of time - perhaps why she was never formally reported missing to LE?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back