GA - Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping to hear better news for her very soon.

Well you don't do CPR if someone is breathing or their heart is working.

I hope this is not as serious as it seems.

My dad did once on my mom. She had been sleep walking or something and fell back asleep on the floor and he woke up and thought she was dead and started CPR.

Boy did that tick her off. Lol

Oh how very sad, this could be anything from an accident to a suicide attempt or involving drugs or something natural i.e. heart attack. I REALLY felt sort for this girl when she lost her mom, bless her, come through little girl whatever has happened. People do care about you!!! Praying for you bobbi kiristina *advertiser censored*

From time to time you hear of lay people attempting CPR on someone who is breathing and has a pulse. They have fallen down unconscious, and in the heat of the moment, someone who doesn't understand the situation will panic and start CPR.

Not the norm, of course.

My aunt woke up one morning and realized her husband was not breathing and had no pulse. He had suffered a heart attack.

She did an amazing job of both calling for help and initiating CPR. He was resuscitated and spent the next years of his life in a nursing home, suffering with severe brain damage as a result of the period of time he spent without oxygen before my aunt woke up. His quality of life was terrible, and most of us had mixed feelings about the whole thing. I don't think he would have wanted to live like that, but Auntie had no way of knowing how long he had been down when she woke and simply did what love and instinct told her to do.

Whitney Houston's daughter 'still alive and breathing' in hospital, police say

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/31/entertainment/whitney-houston-daughter-unresponsive/

Brown was transported to North Fulton Hospital, where "she is still alive and breathing. Other than that, I don't know her condition," Holland said Saturday afternoon at a press briefing.

Nobody knows what caused Brown's unresponsiveness, Holland said. Police are talking to friends and family and obtaining a search warrant so they can look through the residence, she said.

Since is says they called 911 and then provided cpr seems to me that the 911 operator walked them through it and felt that she needed cpr. ETA: It also says that CPR was then taken over by officers. So that means she still was not breathing on her own when they arrived?

Her breathing in the hospital can mean many things.

I hope it means she is better than we think but I am just not sure.

I have had a cardiac arrest 4 years ago, I was in ICU so don't remember anything, I was revived, my chest was black/blue/green from the CPR. It was self inflicted (suicide attempt) so I did not get much sympathy, thank god that era of my life is over.

I think from what i've read she may have brain damage? They aren't giving a lot of info.

I have had a cardiac arrest 4 years ago, I was in ICU so don't remember anything, I was revived, my chest was black/blue/green from the CPR. It was self inflicted (suicide attempt) so I did not get much sympathy, thank god that era of my life is over.

I think from what i've read she may have brain damage? They aren't giving a lot of info.
I am glad they saved you and I am sorry you did not get sympathy. You deserved compassion and love.

:hug: (((Sinead))) :hug:

A medically induced coma? I have heard of that in several cases where there was swelling in the brain. And once when there was severe burns, and they needed to treat them before the child was conscious, and in horrible pain. I wonder why they decided to medically induce this coma? Do they ever do that in drug overdoses?

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words:)

You know I keep thinking about what you said and it bothers me so much that people think that suicidal people are not deserving of compassion or love. If this is what Bobbi Kristina did, Something intentional then she deserves love and compassion and people gathering around her in support. No we can not always save them all but we can try. We can reach out and show we care.
All I can think of with your experience is that I am so very sorry that you were in that place but I am so glad they saved you.

A medically induced coma? I have heard of that in several cases where there was swelling in the brain. And once when there was severe burns, and they needed to treat them before the child was conscious, and in horrible pain. I wonder why they decided to medically induce this coma? Do they ever do that in drug overdoses?

We don't know that it is an overdose at this point but I am sure they are doing whatever they can to keep her alive and give her a chance and healing.

You know I keep thinking about what you said and it bothers me so much that people think that suicidal people are not deserving of compassion or love. If this is what Bobbi Kristina did, Something intentional then she deserves love and compassion and people gathering around her in support. No we can not always save them all but we can try. We can reach out and show we care.
All I can think of with your experience is that I am so very sorry that you were in that place but I am so glad they saved you.

I was not treated with empathy or respect, in fact the doctor ''had harsh words with me'' according to my sister when I awoke from a coma but I don't remember, all I know is they didn't offer me help, i've had to pay for private this, private that to get to the place I am now(depression free). I will continue trying to help suicidal people and victims of rape and abuse. I won't let them win. It is often a disgrace how suicidal people are treated. Just because they cannot see the illness doesn't mean it isn't there. Thank you so much at least I know 1 more person can see both sides :)

Whatever happened I will continue to pray for bobbi.

I was not treated with empathy or respect, in fact the doctor ''had harsh words with me'' according to my sister when I awoke from a coma but I don't remember, all I know is they didn't offer me help, i've had to pay for private this, private that to get to the place I am now(depression free). I will continue trying to help suicidal people and victims of rape and abuse. I won't let them win. It is often a disgrace how suicidal people are treated. Just because they cannot see the illness doesn't mean it isn't there. Thank you so much at least I know 1 more person can see both sides :)

Whatever happened I will continue to pray for bobbi.

That is shameful. I am glad that you did not let anyone get in your way to get help and climb out of that hole. You go girl!~

Reasons for a medically induced coma:

... He says the goal of a medically induced coma is to reduce the work of brain cells and protect them from increased pressure inside the skull or after an event such as a stroke.

Most comas that are the result of stroke, head trauma, cardiac arrest with lack of blood flow to the brain are a much more serious problem from which there is usually a permanent problem.

It often is done as a last resort. It has certain complications and it is not uniformly effective. But it can be effective in carefully selected cases.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5139548

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member