GA GA - Brian Wehrle, 39, Carrollton, 23 Sept 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kind of guessing here -- but I wonder if what the neighbors saw at 2am was Brian being abducted/killed? And the perp is the one who paid the water bill?

It also seems possible that he had a heart attack somewhere away from the house and car -- and an opportunistic thief stole what appeared to be an abandoned car.

possibilities... i wonder what the family meeting was about? that would help to decide if your first theory could be likely(if your suggesting this could be a family on family kind of thing)... if he had a heart attack tho, do you think he would have been found by now...??

does anyone know what the meeting was about that he traveled to carrollton to attend? some news articles are reporting that it was a "family" meeting...tia!

You would think so, but on the other hand, it would depend on where he fell. If he went for a walk back in the woods on his farm, for instance, it's quite possible nobody's even been there since. Falling leaves can cover objects very quickly.

I wasn't necessarily thinking family, either, though that's possible. I was thinking of somebody who followed him home or came home with him.

You would think so, but on the other hand, it would depend on where he fell. If he went for a walk back in the woods on his farm, for instance, it's quite possible nobody's even been there since. Falling leaves can cover objects very quickly.

I wasn't necessarily thinking family, either, though that's possible. I was thinking of somebody who followed him home or came home with him.

thats a good idea...im nowhere even close to these places, so i looked on mapquest and it appears that chattanooga is about 2 hrs. north/northwest of atlanta(this is without floods, and i know mapquest can be way off, so if your local jump in and let me know!:) )...straight north looks like a place called ducktown, tn. and there is about a 68mile distance in between the two....

thats a good idea...im nowhere even close to these places, so i looked on mapquest and it appears that chattanooga is about 2 hrs. north/northwest of atlanta(this is without floods, and i know mapquest can be way off, so if your local jump in and let me know!:) )...straight north looks like a place called ducktown, tn. and there is about a 68mile distance in between the two....

I live about 20mins from Chattanooga, it is just a little past the Georgia line. Straight shot from ATL to Chattanooga from I-75. I don't think I-75 flooded, at least not this far north. Chattanooga has gotten rough lately, seems like there is a shooting or stabbing (or two) on the news every night.

question #4 - i think this is the strangest part of this case. considering the car was left in exactly the same condition as when brian last had possession of the car ... GBI said there was very little evidence in the car. and its not clear to me as to the broken back window, it read like that had happened while brian had the car....??

It was my understanding the window had been broken before this incident. the early missing persons reports described a broken window. It was a 1992 Buick LeSabre. Not exactly a car that thieves would want to get their hands on, in my book.

Question #3 - also is a weird situation too, brians personal belongings including cash and cellphone were left behind at his parents home. so, i wonder how much the water bill was, and how did he pay for it?

Good question. No money, then how to pay the bill.

Question #2 - i have no idea...used as a book mark, a red herring? maybe it doesnt mean anything? i would like to know who the stolen lic.plates are registered to and where they were stolen from... sounds like someone needed a car for a reason and wanted to set up someone else...but that even sounds way too complicated for your average street criminal?? i dont know why the criminal would carjack someone just to get a car..when they could easily just steal one? the keys were found in the ignition, that says something about brian...if they stole his car(without him being in it at the time) they wouldnt have his keys...and if he wanted it to look stolen he wouldnt have left the keys in the car?? and considering the car was not left in a very nice area i would think a car with keys in the ignition would be stolen again fairly soon???? idk...

The receipt is strange. Almost like leaving it behind on purpose to "prove" he was at the Taco Bell (the place he said he met interesting people after being stuck in traffic for 4 hours).

The police have already concluded the TN plates had been previously stolen and that the owner of that car had nothing to do with this vehicle.

both very good possibilities... i wonder what the family meeting was about? that would help to decide if your first theory could be likely(if your suggesting this could be a family on family kind of thing)... if he had a heart attack tho, do you think he would have been found by now...??

They were not clear on what the meeting was. I doubt it was a family meeting, he was the only one at the house. I got the impression it was a doctor's appt.

They were not clear on what the meeting was. I doubt it was a family meeting, he was the only one at the house. I got the impression it was a doctor's appt.

oh, sorry for not being clear...in the most recent article it is said that the meeting was scheduled for 9a.m and it was a family meeting which is why he went to carrollton to attend this meeting....

i didnt read anything about a doctors appt. hmmm... i will have to re-read... all i saw was that he has a heart condition and needs daily meds. and he left the meds at the parents home....

why does anyone leave the house without their cell phone these days unless of course they do not want to speak to anyone?

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/dec/09/missing-georgia-mans-car-found-in-chattanooga/

two snippets...

Mr. Wehrle worked as a land surveyor, owned two dachshunds and a cat, loved his nieces and nephews, and had a farm an hour outside of Atlanta on which he and his partner of 13 years, Jeff Rolsten, built a barn.
"I just don't understand how he could walk away from that," Mr. Rolsten said. "I don't think he's taking 'me time.' I think something happened to him. I think somebody jumped him and stole the car."

A neighbor told police he saw Mr. Wehrle in his parents' carport -- their house also is in Carrollton -- early on Sept. 24, but he and his vehicle were gone by 8 a.m.
Efforts to find Mr. Wehrle stalled before his car turned up in Chattanooga on Dec. 2, a surprise to Mr. Rolsten because neither he nor Mr. Wehrle has any ties to the area.
Chattanooga police at that time ran the vehicle identification number through the National Crime Information Center and got a hit on Mr. Wehrle, who had been reported missing.
Investigator Johnson declined to say whether any evidence was found on the car that might provide leads, citing the ongoing case.

The receipt is strange. Almost like leaving it behind on purpose to "prove" he was at the Taco Bell (the place he said he met interesting people after being stuck in traffic for 4 hours).

The police have already concluded the TN plates had been previously stolen and that the owner of that car had nothing to do with this vehicle.

but the location where the plates were stolen from could point to who stole them...

why does anyone leave the house without their cell phone these days unless of course they do not want to speak to anyone?

Because they don't want to be tracked, or because they were taken from the house by somebody who either didn't want it or didn't find it?

Find Brian Wehrle FB page does not appear to have been worked on.
There is no information listed, nothing.
There is only one person as friend and that is the creator.

I think this must be the right Brian W.
But I find it strange that the FB page is mentioned in so many news articles and there is nothing there.

Puzzled.

Brian is last seen at 2am by his parents neighbors. He is at the car in the carport.

Brian paid a water bill at little after 3pm. No one remembers him.
questions: Did this show up on Brian's checking account? Paid with a debit card or a check?
Why would he pay this?
Was the bill already in the car the night before?

He meets a group of people at Taco Bell the day he arrives. Taco Bell receipt still in car.
question: Maybe he used it as a bookmark?

Car found. It had been parked there around a month. A black man wearing black short sleeve shirt is seen leaving the car there.
question: The map of place where car was found looks residential, does it seem like he would live near there or there is nearby public transportation?

The car was missing for nearly 3 months before being discovered. It had been there on the street for nearly a month. Car still had a book and Taco Bell receipt on the front passenger seat. Broken window glass still inside the car, from an incident in Atlanta.
question: Who lives nearby Brian's parent's home that has a criminal history?
Who lives nearby that had access to storing a car for 2 months?
Who lives nearby that has family or friends in Chattanooga?

Can someone who is good with maps do a route between Brian's parent parents home and the residential area of Chattanooga where his car was found?

Brian is last seen at 2am by his parents neighbors. He is at the car in the carport.

questions: Did this show up on Brian's checking account? Paid with a debit card or a check?
Why would he pay this?

He meets a group of people at Taco Bell the day he arrives. Taco Bell receipt still in car.

Car found. It had been parked there around a month. A black man wearing black short sleeve shirt is seen leaving the car there.
question: The map of place where car was found looks residential, does it seem like he would live near there or there is nearby public transportation?

The car was missing for nearly 3 months before being discovered. It had been there on the street for nearly a month. Car still had a book and Taco Bell receipt on the front passenger seat. Broken window glass still inside the car, from an incident in Atlanta.

Can someone who is good with maps do a route between Brian's parent parents home and the residential area of Chattanooga where his car was found?

i dont think the bill was paid with credit or debit or check because they(le) are saying that there has been no activity on any of these accounts....and since no one remembers or recognizes him the b/f said that he is skeptical about the payment date being correct??

the housing on judson ln. sounds and looks like it may be some type of housing projects... notice they were all the same duplex style, identical paint,etc. lots of not so great cars and did you notice all the stains on the sides of the street from cars leaking all kinds of stuff? all up and down that road...also in the freep article that you posted it said that the car was at the intersection of judson and chamberlain...that is the end of the road where there is a guy in the road....i dont think it would ever be where he would live. he lives in a very nice neighborhood....can i post the pic of that?

Find Brian Wehrle FB page does not appear to have been worked on.
There is no information listed, nothing.
There is only one person as friend and that is the creator.

I think this must be the right Brian W.
But I find it strange that the FB page is mentioned in so many news articles and there is nothing there.

Puzzled.

I think you literally have to type in "find Brian Wehrle". There are "friends" listed there but zero activity.

Car was found very close to where I live. Ive only heard them mention him once on the news.

Why would he pay this?

lots of oddities. up until 2 am doing what? I would have been wiped out after getting stuck in traffic for 4 hours and would have been in bed early.

The water dept said the bill was paid on the 24th in the afternoon. They did not say Brian paid the bill. The partner questioned the validity of that date and time but the water dept said its records were good. So someone other than Brian paid the Wehrle water bill that day.

Someone did the map already.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robincus030
Back