Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tons of relatives in coffee county, good people there far as I know, jacksonville is just above broxton where my grandad grew up, never got down there much, just realized this is where jacksonville is, but the river there, mm, not good,

btw I found the coffee county online scanner and am listening in , can't locate a jacksonville or telfair coutny
ga live feed, anyone know?

Would you think there are many surveillance cameras in the area?

NEVER EVER meet anyone off Craigslist unless you are going to meet in a heavily populated area where there are plenty of people to witness you being there.

Or better yet, meet at the police station and conduct business in the lobby!

Depends on what you are buying. I have bought off of craigslist many times and usually go to the sellers house. Grant it most purchases were animal related (buying chickens, or dog crates etc...) and the sellers were usually women much like myself, they talked plenty on the phone and were knowledgeable.

If the couple tried to drive that car home after dark then an accident is a real possibility. Some of those highways are rather treacherous after dark and pretty deserted, if a car went off the road it could take a while before someone discovered it.

If they picked up the car and planned to stay the night the nearest city would be Macon which has a LOT of bad areas, I hope they didn't run into trouble there. I also hope they at least were armed for their roadtrip.

FB rumor- a mom posted on facebook that her daughter thinks she saw and talked to them today at a store. The daughter posted also. An aunt of the girl who saw them also posted. She said drove to all hotels in the city and around town and did not see the car. Toccoa, GA.

heavy rains all day friday around macon ga, not sure about thursday south of there

I am south-east from Mcrae by about 70 miles. Rain poured down all day Friday and into Saturday (early, like a few hours past midnight). Saturday was dry.

I actually registered just to post this. I'm an experienced driver and I frequently travel between Jesup and Hazelhurst (using highway 341). McRae is a bit further in this same area. There are areas where I have zero cell signal, so much so that it will drain battery attempting to call out and this isn't on an off road, this is actually on the highway. I can imagine a scenario where they decided to power down to conserve battery. Combining with bad weather, I want to be hopeful that foul play is not involved. The region is a heavily wooded area. I feel like there's potential for them to be out there in a situation related to vehicle trouble or even leaving the vehicle on foot.

Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson says they have identified a suspect in the investigation of June and Bud Runion.

Steverson says there are two active warrants out for Ronnie "Jay" Adrian Towns: one for making false statements to investigators and the other for criminal attempt to commit theft by deception.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...arch-for-missing-cobb-county-couple/22276947/

I've been following from afar. Hopefully the latest will bring Bud and June home soon. Sleuthing is now open on the suspect!

Sad to think of Bud surviving Vietnam and then all these years later - to be possibly harmed by some scum from our own country :( (praying they are somehow still safe)

exactly my sentiments, on the Runions AND the Dermonds, who maee it to almost 90 yrs of age only to be murdered, so so sad these cases

I am south-east from Mcrae by about 70 miles. Rain poured down all day Friday and into Saturday (early, like a few hours past midnight). Saturday was dry.

I actually registered just to post this. I'm an experienced driver and I frequently travel between Jesup and Hazelhurst (using highway 341). McRae is a bit further in this same area. There are areas where I have zero cell signal, so much so that it will drain battery attempting to call out and this isn't on an off road, this is actually on the highway. I can imagine a scenario where they decided to power down to conserve battery. Combining with bad weather, I want to be hopeful that foul play is not involved. The region is a heavily wooded area. I feel like there's potential for them to be out there in a situation related to vehicle trouble or even leaving the vehicle on foot.

I am about an hour north of McRae, light rain all day Friday. If they did get stuck on one of the smaller highways someone would stop to help them, if they went off the road (accident) that is another thing entirely.

I wish the authorities would release banking information, surely these folks wouldn't bring cash would they? The fact HE posted the want ad for the car is worrisome, did someone say the sellers cell phone was not legit?

Quick recap-

• Bud Runion placed the ad looking for a 1966 mustang. The ad hd his phone number.

• Thursday Jan 22, Bud and June left Marietta at approx 2:00.

• They were traveling in a pewter/champaigne GMC Envoy 2003.

• Their car had onstar but it is analog, not set up and can not be pinged.

• They were reportedly headed to McRae, Telfair County GA. 180 miles each way

• They reportedly left with their phones and charges, but iCloud was turned off.

• 3:30 was the last time they were heard from.

• Daughters reported them missing. They did not respond to calls or show up to babysit grandchildren on Friday.

• LE says burner phone was used by the 'seller'. It was tracked south of McRae.

steelman has a map two posts above
Thanks for posting.

One note to add to timeline, see post #12 re: Thursday 5:30 pm

Where are they #$%^&&!!!

Well since they have a "suspect" I would assume the couple is dead and dumped out in the woods somewhere.

If they are dead I will admit I am a bit surprised, most 'Nam vets are defense minded.

Awe man this makes me sick. You know some cases just hit harder than others and this one did for me.

Well since they have a "suspect" I would assume the couple is dead and dumped out in the woods somewhere.

If they are dead I will admit I am a bit surprised, most 'Nam vets are defense minded.

I am sure he was but at almost 70 and only 5'7 he didn't look that strong to me. They probably thought this guy looked like a nice young man.

Was just in the process of playing devil's advocate regarding the burner phone (thank you for the explanation) and going to state that if I was a seller I might prefer to have a cheap phone with it's own number rather than give out my main one to all and sundry.

HOWEVER

As they're now looking for a suspect things look less innocent. If it's a robbery I hope he took their money but let them keep their lives...

Was just in the process of playing devil's advocate regarding the burner phone (thank you for the explanation) and going to state that if I was a seller I might prefer to have a cheap phone with it's own number rather than give out my main one to all and sundry.

But in this case the "seller" didn't place the ad, he responded to a "want ad" so there would be no reason to use a burner phone (unless you had to hide evidence).

There is a Ronnie Adrian Towns listed in McRae, Ga. who is 63 - guess it's his father. Hope they find him and he knows where they are!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member