Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about their children and grandkids atm.......

Still hoping Runion's are somehow alive; but it looks bad. :(

There are monsters in this world -- and they can appear to be wholesome and even likeable "people". Watched a crime show (Dateline, I think ?) about a trio of losers who killed a couple while pretending to buy their yacht. Horrifying.

:moo:

Not another Tim Bosma. :( I'm never using Craigslist unless the person is willing to meet me in front of a police station.

for real, me too, a few bad ones and that site has a bad reputation now even though some legitimate folks advertise there and have had good luck with it, myself included

For some reason I have a feeling there is going to be more than one person involved in this.......maybe a group of friends.

They must have something linking him at this point, or they wouldn't have issued the warrants. Whatever it is, they must not have had it when they originally interviewed him. Obviously they didn't keep tabs on him, or he would be in custody by now.

This is going to be some sort of poorly thought-out "get-rich" scheme. My bet would be the initial intention was to simply rob these folks of the cash they were carrying and laugh about it all the way to the nearest bar. Something obviously went wrong with that plan though, most likely Bud Runion himself getting in this kids face.

Another young life ruined due to greed and stupidity, and another innocent couple who were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

BBM We can hope that they are keeping tabs on him, but let him go so he could lead them to the couple. Since they went to look at the car on a Friday, it's possible that Bud was cautious enough not to take the complete amount of cash with him. If so, the perp(s) may be holding him until the start of banking on Monday. Odds are the perp would think no one would notice they were missing right away and now he's trying to figure out what to do with them. We can only hope they are still alive and hidden somewhere. JMHO

My partner/hubby just sold his car before buying a new one the same day.He told me he sold it on a car forum but actually sold it on craigslist,he knew I would be against the idea.Lucky for him it was a nice couple and he met them at our friends limo business.I always inform him of these cases but that has not stopped him,he found someone on craigslist to mowe the lawn when he broke his hand and I was angry about it because he left me alone with the guy and to pay him.I don't think men are as cautious as women and men tend to think nothing could happen to them.
Please God let them be ok.

Not another Tim Bosma. :( I'm never using Craigslist unless the person is willing to meet me in front of a police station.

This is what I told my husband to do.I saw a report on the news about a Police Dept. that has a special lobby for people to meet for e-bay deals.

BBM We can hope that they are keeping tabs on him, but let him go so he could lead them to the couple. Since they went to look at the car on a Friday, it's possible that Bud was cautious enough not to take the complete amount of cash with him. If so, the perp(s) may be holding him until the start of banking on Monday. Odds are the perp would think no one would notice they were missing right away and now he's trying to figure out what to do with them. We can only hope they are still alive and hidden somewhere. JMHO
It was Thursday not Friday. Sadly I don't feel a positive outcome.

I believe that if Bud and June actually purchased the mustang, they would have handled all the ownership transfer and insurance coverage prior to driving it. I hope Bud and June will be brought home safely...:(

When you buy a car your existing insurance automatically covers the new vehicle even without being notified. Can't recall for how long, but for at least a few days.

Car dealerships would be up the creek without a paddle if the buyers had to contact their insurance company and register the vehicle before driving it off the lot most especially on weekends. Driving a new car off the lot "seals the deal" so to speak, if you try to return the car after you purchased and drove it off the lot it is now a "used car".

The problem is.....(the way I see it)......he most likely robbed this couple of the cash they brought to buy the car. So now, not only is he on the run, but he is on the run with a whole pocketful of cash......I'm thinking in the $7000-10,000 dollar range.

After the cops let him go........do you think he was going to hang around ?

Of course, the BIG question is, where are the Runion's ? Another big question would be.....where is Ronnie Towns, and how far away did he get before LE realized their mistake ?

Ronnie Towns is from McRae, I don't think he's that far away. In fact, he's probably still there, laying low somewhere.

I sure hope they wrap this up soon, for the family's sake.

If Ronnie Towns did something to that couple at least we won't have to listen to "excuses" or hear how "he was turning is life around".

If he did this his family will likely keep their mouth shut, at the most they will express shock, and the rest of the community will want to see him hang.

It was Thursday not Friday. Sadly I don't feel a positive outcome.

Thank you, I don't know why I thought it was Friday. I just don't think LE would let the guy just leave. They can put a tracking device on his vehicle while he is inside answering questions. In the Heather Graham case LE was tracking Jesse Matthews after they questioned and released him. When they release the warrant info they hope people will start contacting them with information. I agree that it looks bad, but I'm trying to believe they might still be alive.

ok, so if they police questioned this guy earlier and it didnt' appear anything untowards, or whatever they called it............. does anyone have any opinions on WHY they are now calling him a suspect besides the fact that he has tried theft by deception before, doesnt' mean he had anything to do with this, I would be apt to say "person of interest" instead of suspect, but now in addition, the Police have a warrant for him..............why?

a judge signed off on an arrest warrant. le would have described anything they consider probable cause within their application for the warrant. whatever they described was enough to get the signature. hopefully we get a link to the warrant soon.

Out of the two photos released of the suspect, which one is more recent? I'm worried that he might be an outdoorsman based on the camo gear. Bud and June could be anywhere. :(

Thank you, I don't know why I thought it was Friday. I just don't think LE would let the guy just leave. They can put a tracking device on his vehicle while he is inside answering questions. In the Heather Graham case LE was tracking Jesse Matthews after they questioned and released him. When they release the warrant info they hope people will start contacting them with information. I agree that it looks bad, but I'm trying to believe they might still be alive.

likewise, the family will be contacting him if he's not seen the news, to either get him to turn himself in or give him warnings on what is going on

Out of the two photos released of the suspect, which one is more recent? I'm worried that he might be an outdoorsman based on the camo gear. Bud and June could be anywhere. :(

not sure, but likely they're mostly all outdoorsman in this area of ga I would think, IMO

I doubt he could even get to Macon. I'm pretty sure there was never a Mustang to sell. The Runions probably thought some guy from a small town like McRae would be okay, and accommodated him by coming to his town.

not sure, but likely they're mostly all outdoorsman in this area of ga I would think, IMO

According to comments on the Telfair sheriff's fb page, the one with him in camo and wearing a hat is more recent.

eta: Sorry, quoted wrong post.

just caught this on the daily mail and didn't have a good feeling.

we have craigslist over here (i think) but its not very popular,we have gumtree which is basically the same thing. i used to sell on there a lot but i am seriously not doing any selling or buying now.

sadly i think this guy is their man.
poor bud and june :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members