Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How freaking sad. I have a sick feeling he didn't work alone either. IMO. How does a guy who has practically or no criminal history leap to 2 murders? This makes me sick! My prayers go out to the Runion family.

Yes, I agree. Seems like there has to be an accomplice because if Towns drove from McRae to Jacksonville (18 miles away) to meet the Runions, he had to have a car with him. How could he have driven the Envoy to a pond as well as driven his own transportation back home? IMO definitely another party involved. I won't be surprised if they are working out a deal right now and we see another mugshot tomorrow.....

28 years old with no criminal record... a beautiful wife and child... I just can't comprehend. WHY? WHY? WHY?????

OMG! This is just so sad. In the back of my mind I expected this outcome, but I refused to accept it until they found their bodies. Now that they have, I've been crying since I watched the presser. I wanted so badly for them to be found alive. I am SO ANGRY right now, I can't see straight! I don't have any words right now, other than to say:

Rest in peace, Bud and June Runion. :rose: :rose: :rose:

Condolences to the Runion family.

On that note, I need to sign off for a while to calm down.

Take care, everybody.

Its times like this that I wish I believed in hell because this man certainly deserves a first class ticket there.

How freaking sad. I have a sick feeling he didn't work alone either. IMO. How does a guy who has practically or no criminal history leap to 2 murders? This makes me sick! My prayers go out to the Runion family.

I think there's a lot of us here on WS that thinks he wasn't working alone.
I wonder who will be arrested next if that is the case?
IMOO.

Re-watching the press conference; Sheriff was asked by reporter if Towns gave info to lead to vehicle/bodies, he said no, the discoveries were the result of search efforts. Vehicle was found first, then the bodies.
I wonder if Towns is talking at all?

So....last week, the couple in Ohio. This week, this couple. Someone needs to protect our elderly.

28 years old with no criminal record... a beautiful wife and child... I just can't comprehend. WHY? WHY? WHY?????

This guy...this isn't his first crime of a serious nature-as someone else said above-he just hadn't been caught yet. Lots more information to come out regarding this crime. And if it involves more than 2 other people I consider it 'organized crime'. Death penalty is appropriate punishment. Can you imagine people sitting in front of the computer trolling Craigslist for easy targets? Devious, evil and depraved sociopathic behavior. Or desperate against personal threats from other criminals to come up with money. Has to be vice in his life somewhere.

As a side note-I don't consider Craigslist worse than 'Backpage'. I don't know what to think actually. Just sitting here stunned and sick and reeling from it all.

This guy...this isn't his first crime of a serious nature-as someone else said above-he just hadn't been caught yet. Lots more information to come out regarding this crime. And if it involves more than 2 other people I consider it 'organized crime'. Death penalty is appropriate punishment. Can you imagine people sitting in front of the computer trolling Craigslist for easy targets? Devious, evil and depraved sociopathic behavior. Or desperate against personal threats from other criminals to come up with money. Has to be vice in his life somewhere.

As a side note-I don't consider Craigslist worse than 'Backpage'. I don't know what to think actually. Just sitting here stunned and sick and reeling from it all.

I wonder who he was hanging around with, if he has an accomplice?
Surely, people in his life are under the microscope , if anyone in LE has an inkling that there was another person(s) involved.
IMOO.

Re-watching the press conference; Sheriff was asked by reporter if Towns gave info to lead to vehicle/bodies, he said no, the discoveries were the result of search efforts. Vehicle was found first, then the bodies.
I wonder if Towns is talking at all?

Perhaps he didn't do it, and didn't know where they were. If he didn't work alone, perhaps his accomplice(s) were more hardened criminals, and more likely to have killed the pair.

This crap will continue until theres some accountability from Craigslist. That place is like the wild west. Unmonitored. They need to have verification process that is strict enough to only allow legit ads. If Craigslist thinks they stopped prostitution on their site, they are wrong. They just forced scumbags to be more creative.

Why are sites like that allowed to persist! Because scumbags demand it, thats why. I know the people are the bad ones doing the bad deeds, but do we really need to make it so easy to bait naive, innocent, trusting people?

I disagree. People have to use their common sense, it isn't Craiglists' fault at all that it is being misused.

Perhaps he didn't do it, and didn't know where they were. If he didn't work alone, perhaps his accomplice(s) were more hardened criminals, and more likely to have killed the pair.

The Sheriff says he is definitely involved.
He was wanted on 2 Warrants before turning himself in. He Lied definitely, and who knows what else!
The Runion's are Deceased. He is involved.
So far, no one else has been arrested, but as the sheriff mentioned that could change...
IMOO.

I wonder if this is a good sign..those beside the RV seem to be in a good mood. Laughing, smoking a cig, taking photos of the press with their phones, etc. Perhaps the Runions have been found alive or clues that lead them to believe they are?

Sadly I doubt if it is because they are alive. They could be happy that they "cracked" the case so fast with the whole nation watching them; that is a LOT of pressure for a small town police department.

I disagree. People have to use their common sense, it isn't Craiglists' fault at all that it is being misused.

This couple did everything right. They didn't go alone. They were meeting in daylight. I think I read they were meeting at a store.

Short of an armed guard of a bazooka, what else could they have done?

The Sheriff says he is definitely involved.
So far, no one else has been arrested, but as the sheriff mentioned that could change...
IMOO.

Even if he didn't pull the trigger or hid the bodies himself, he is still involved.

Perhaps there could be changes made somehow to make Craigslist safer?

And using common sense and all the might in the world can't help, if a person has a gun to your head....
(not saying this is what happened to the Runion's.)
IMOO.

This couple did everything right. They didn't go alone. They were meeting in daylight. I think I read they were meeting at a store.

Short of an armed guard of a bazooka, what else could they have done?

I am not trying to put the blame on them, just pointing out that it makes no sense to accuse craigslist.

I am sure there are other ways of finding your dream car as well.

Did they have the money on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members