Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man giving the press conference said that the bodies were found "nearby" the car in the lake, but some news outlets are reporting that the bodies were found IN the car. Could this have been a simple road accident?
The Sherriff did say specifically that only the car was in the water, that the bodies were not. I would think the couple was killed, then the car driven into the water in hopes that it would sink out of view, but the lake was not deep enough. Just a guess on my part, though.

The Sherriff did say specifically that only the car was in the water, that the bodies were not. I would think the couple was killed, then the car driven into the water in hopes that it would sink out of view, but the lake was not deep enough. Just a guess on my part, though.

Yeah but if the car is in the lake why not put the bodies there so it looks like an accident?? I don't know.

Sorry for the double post.
Since it doesn't want to be deleted, :p
Hope the wheels of justice work swiftly to catch anyone else involved in this senseless and disgusting crime.

It is good if they weren't found in water---as there will be more evidence. (apologies for typing that :( )
I want the perp(s) to be punished to the fullest extent of the law !!!!!! :mad: :stormingmad:

Sincerest condolences to the family of the Runion's. Bud and June should have had many years of enjoying their children, grandchildren and most of all each other !!
This could have been my parents. :(

Wishing this perp (or perps) could get life without parole. Did he (or they) ever stop to think of the devastation they've caused ? Not only to the victim's family, but also to those of their own family members --- who possibly have had nothing to do with this unspeakable crime ??

Not certain if this was the name of the young lady who was murdered after being kidnapped off of her friend's living room sofa , I think it was Brianna Dennison.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Brianna_Denison

There was a crime show about this sad case, and one of the video clips showed a very distraught gf of Biela confronting him after his arrest. Distressing to watch and made me think about what criminals do to their own families and friends. :(

:moo:

OH I think the sherriff (SS) had a question from the reporter about them having no car to sell and the SS replied that RT had purchased the phone for this reason, to scam someone (not sure it was meant for Runions or just anyone but probably saw the ad, bought the phone and then this) but SS stated that the phone had since been turned off and it was purchased specifically to scam or for this scam
The sherrif said "the phone was bought a very short time...this deal was negotiated for the Runions to come to Telford county and uh, it was soon, uh, turned off". So while it is probable the phone was bought for a scam, it wasn't necessarily bought for the purposed of killing someone. It might also have been bought by RT FOR someone else to use. Again, I'm reserving the "string him up" judgement until I hear all of it. JMO, as per the norm.

the sherriff did not, but someone on the comments by live feed, said the Runions had $22k on them, he knew someone with the news media and got his info, if so, must've been on RT when he turned himself in if so and recovered by police, however the children of the Runions said they did not, so we really dont' know at this point

JMO
I wonder if the Runions told their kids that they weren't taking money so they wouldn't worry. My dad (now deceased) would have done something like that to keep me from worrying. I remember when I found out that he and my mom were sleeping in their travel trailer in rest areas instead of getting a hotel when they traveled down south every winter. I was beside myself and he told me they wouldn't do it anymore, but my mom said they did. My dad (a WW2 vet) thought he was indestructible and could handle anything. I bet Bud Runion was equally badass. Heartbreaking.

Yeah but if the car is in the lake why not put the bodies there so it looks like an accident?? I don't know.
It couldn't look like much of an accident with strangulation marks or bullet holes or knife wounds (assuming there is evidence of a violent death). In certain areas, if you leave the bodies out in the open at this time of year, scavengers are starving and there won't be much left in a few days. This guy just got caught too soon. (Didn't watch enough Forensic Files, I'm guessing)

I wonder if the Runions told their kids that they weren't taking money so they wouldn't worry. My dad (now deceased) would have done something like that to keep me from worrying. I remember when I found out that he and my mom were sleeping in their travel trailer in rest areas instead of getting a hotel when they traveled down south every winter. I was beside myself and he told me they wouldn't do it anymore, but my mom said they did. My dad (a WW2 vet) thought he was indestructible and could handle anything. I bet Bud Runion was equally badass. Heartbreaking.
Depending on their bank, the Runions may not have had money to start with. What if there was a car that someone else owned and showed them? Then they went to their bank and got the money, returned for the transaction, bad things happened.

The sherrif said "the phone was bought a very short time...this deal was negotiated for the Runions to come to Telford county and uh, it was soon, uh, turned off". So while it is probable the phone was bought for a scam, it wasn't necessarily bought for the purposed of killing someone. It might also have been bought by RT FOR someone else to use. Again, I'm reserving the "string him up" judgement until I hear all of it. JMO, as per the norm.

Yes i agree adn I had thought of that as well, it may have just been to get some $$ and things went bad, this RT could have been in on that but not the murder, feel like there was another involved, he had to get car moved to another location, can't drive 2 cars back or leave his at the scene of the crime

Also, wondering if it was indeed purchaesd for this particular scam/crime, must've read his ad and thought it up, like someone said though, he didnt' watch enough crime tv apparently, thank goodness though, because atleast it's getting solved now, unlike some and no closure

This crap will continue until theres some accountability from Craigslist. That place is like the wild west. Unmonitored. They need to have verification process that is strict enough to only allow legit ads. If Craigslist thinks they stopped prostitution on their site, they are wrong. They just forced scumbags to be more creative.

Why are sites like that allowed to persist! Because scumbags demand it, thats why. I know the people are the bad ones doing the bad deeds, but do we really need to make it so easy to bait naive, innocent, trusting people?

People need to be more careful when using Craigslist. I don't want them to change/monitor it.

It is one of the only places left in this world where you can pretty much have anonymity. You can't use a debit card to get maxi pads at the Dollar General store without it being able to be traced back to you. Or buy stuff if your kids have lice. Or a home pregnancy test. Even cash purchases can be traced if you use something like a "Kroger Plus card" to get a discount/deal.

Living in a society of such surveillance is scarier than what the surveillance purports to solve. At least in my eyes. That data can (and has many times) been misused for something other than its intended usage.

https://www.google.com/maps/@31.812...!1e1!3m2!1sHS-hwpTh11eG-Uo-Rw8FYg!2e0!6m1!1e1

more downtown jacksonville, ga

Does anyone recall when the stakeout in jacksonville ga happened? saturday or sunday? If the Runions were disovered at store, wonder WHO discovered them and how it came about it? SS said it was in line with their investigation tactics that they were discovered, OR if LE knew this from the beginning of the investigation and stakeout, someone must've seen them or him at the corner if in Jacksonville, Im kinda presuming it was here, since that's where the stakeout was

Very sad ending. My condolences to their family, friends, and community. They will be missed as it sounds like they were wonderful people with much love in their hearts for everyone. RIP Bud and June.

The man giving the press conference said that the bodies were found "nearby" the car in the lake, but some news outlets are reporting that the bodies were found IN the car. Could this have been a simple road accident?

no the sherrif said bodies found separate from car, not too far away from each other, I take that to mean 10-15 minutes maybe max, unless they were found in Mcrae but the stake out was in jacksonville, ga, they knew something, why they were there, someone saw him or the runions or both at that intersection is my guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beanut