Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares if he has a drug or other problem? RT trolled Craigslist looking for some innocent victim to rob or kill. This takes a clear and logical mind....not someone stoned out of their head. He's just an evil person.l

Now mine you this was before any of the news broke about anythin GN being found . Just rumors were being flown around on FB

You sir have no idea how much we have had to hold back. Trust me if it wasn't for our concern for the family you all would know the information we have by now. Just wait til it's over. Just wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

O/T

Good to see ya. :hug: Haven't seen you since Sierra Lamar's sad case. Hope you are well.

This is his myspace.
https://myspace.com/432761338
He does look different in many photos.
He shares this same photo with the lady that has the same name as what was said to be his wife, in his Top 8 on myspace.
It says he is from Scotland, Georgia. That is in Telfair County.
IMOO.

took a better look, he looks thinner, I guess now i can see him with a baseball cap on, thinking of the camo photo of him, thnks

Now mine you this was before any of the news broke about anythin GN being found . Just rumors were being flown around on FB

You sir have no idea how much we have had to hold back. Trust me if it wasn't for our concern for the family you all would know the information we have by now. Just wait til it's over. Just wait.

ok, you lost me, are you a neighbor or family member of the Runions? Maybe I'm not a total loss, lol, just wondered about the eery comments you got on fB, was it from a possible other suspect you think??

EDIT...........I SEE, you are in touch with a Runion cousin, so sorry for your loss!

If he did have an accomplice, that person is still out there...
If he did have an accomplice, why did he run?
Was he afraid of what the accomplice might do?
He did turn himself in.
What made himself lie, then run, a fugitive of the law?
(He didn't want to get caught, obviously, but is there more to it??)
Is he afraid to tell the truth?
If he has an accomplice, who is this person?
IMOO.

I have a feeling that someone else is involved. RT might take the fall though -- he's going to prison either way. Will be interesting to see how the case moves forward.

I like what the Runion's minister said on the video posted upthread. Bud and June are where they want to be.

Heartbroken to hear this very sad outcome. The Telfair county sheriff has done an outstanding job in finding the car and the victims. Now to discover the big question of: WHY??? What possesses a person to do this to a kind, loving, elderly couple?

I don't think Craigslist was to blame, in this case.

Sympathy to the Runion's family...

1. Hugs all around. Sad day.

2. It seems a rural sheriff's department got state agencies involved early & did a good job with the investigation. Hat's off to them & all volunteers.

3. It's good to hear a throw-away phone was somehow tracked.

4. I have some feelings for the perp's family, but not him. My heart breaks for the victims, their family & friends. By all reports, they were a happy couple, raised a wonderful family, much loved in the community where they gave of themselves to the betterment of all. If not for someone's greed, they would have enjoyed the Golden Years. Either on WS or a comment section online, someone said they hope Heaven had a shiny Mustang waiting for the Runions.... yeah, that. Put the top down & ride Bud & June.

Great post, noZme. ITA with all all your points. It is definitely a very sad day.

BBM. IMO, that is the only positive thing in this tragic story. They did a great job by solving the case in a few days. At least the Runion family knows what happens and can try to have some closure... unlike many missing-persons cases, where it takes weeks, months, and years for families to get answers, IF they ever get answers at all. I'm very impressed with the Telfair County Sheriff Department for QUICKLY getting the help they needed!

When asked if others might be involved, the sheriff said "for now, he is the only suspect we are seeking; however, that could change."

The sheriff said Towns's father persuaded Jay to turn himself in.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...arch-for-missing-cobb-county-couple/22276947/

Exactly, and if there was an accomplice and Ronnie would talk, then things could change.
Unless LE finds evidence of someone else being involved, before Ronnie would talk, otherwise,
Ronnie might then have to spill the beans. If there was another perp, I doubt that that perp would
come forward on their own.
IMOO.

this looks like the same location, same overhead shot of the dirtroad on the news, notice the curve, the woods on one side, farmland on the other, the pole and overgrowth bythe pole!

this pond is on 217 north of the TOWNS property on the curve is the pond I was talking about

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...1s0x88f1b366a19a8709:0x67556163af71563a?hl=en

It does appear to be one and the same. Also if you look really close at the south end of that pond, you can see two tire tracks where people evidently can come in past the other poo poo/retention pond and head up to that souther area and ride along just on that one side....Hmmmm Good sleuthing on the maps...IMHO

Heartbroken to hear this very sad outcome. The Telfair county sheriff has done an outstanding job in finding the car and the victims. Now to discover the big question of: WHY??? What possesses a person to do this to a kind, loving, elderly couple?

I don't think Craigslist was to blame, in this case.

Sympathy to the Runion's family...

Sometimes people have said they just wanted to know what it felt like to end someone's life. AKA Thrill Kill.

This could be the case here. jmo.

This is so sad indeed, looking at these maps, they drove down 319, and looking at that map is so sad, knowing that The Runions NOT knowing they were driving to where their lives would end. Looking at pics of the grandchildren with them, so so sad for the family to lose them, Prayers!

It does appear to be one and the same. Also if you look really close at the south end of that pond, you can see two tire tracks where people evidently can come in past the other poo poo/retention pond and head up to that souther area and ride along just on that one side....Hmmmm Good sleuthing on the maps...IMHO

thanks and I didnt' notice the tracks, will take a look, I did notice how the trees go all the way up to the pond in both images though also in addition to the dirt road, curve, pole, underbrush and pond on the right in my google image, on the left in the fox 5 picture

I posted another image not too far up of google map, 12 mintues from there to jacksonville, ga

I also thought at one time I had seen a "gas station" on 319 closer to the pond site, but cannot locate it now maybe further down, wondering if that gas station was the one they were found at, but 12 mintues isnt too far either to jacksonville from 217, I guess we'll find out more soon enough

Exactly, and if there was an accomplice and Ronnie would talk, then things could change.
Unless LE finds evidence of someone else being involved, before Ronnie would talk, otherwise,
Ronnie might then have to spill the beans. If there was another perp, I doubt that that perp would
come forward on their own.
IMOO.

remember, Ronnie bought the prepaid phone, is that correct? Not to say someone else wasn't also involved tho

This thread needs to be changed to found deceased. Iam sorry.

I think normally the mods wait until an official identification of recovered bodies has been released to change the thread status.

ETA: But I think the "Active Search" tag does need to come off -- I'll try to get someone to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member