Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that too FragileSugar! Then it went to commercial. Now it's back on blank clock screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My feed is saying sheriff to give update shortly...
is that still accurate?

I clicked the link and the sheriff was saying thanks our and moved away. Then there was chit chat amongst the reporters. Reporters thanKing the sheriff for his hospitality, and what I posted above. A couple of woman were loud and I didn't here some things he said. They cut the feed when someone said "you didn't hear this from me ...

You must have seen some footage they took while setting up.....I had a screen test window for a few minutes, then a live shot of an ambulance, now back to the screen test window............not sure what any of that means.

This case has really bothered me. I didn't sleep two hours last night, just kept thinking about them. So incredibly sad.

The feed from WMAZ referenced above is sketchy... Scrolling through .... the Sheriff did say that the father brought the suspect to an arranged place. Sheriff would not comment on suspects demeanor at the time. Sheriff did not confirm about the car in water... but did say there were additional developments to be reported on at a later time.

12:25 the tweet went out- press conference was ending.

image.jpg

Not that I doubt Yoda for a second....but I keep refreshing in hopes of more to come... I also saw the ambulance and other vehicles for a brief second and heard a motor running or a helicopter, very loud in background....IMHO

Has anyone done a map of the Runions home and the pond where the car was found?

Has anyone done a map of the Runions home and the pond where the car was found?

Someone upthread said that the Runions home and where they were to be meeting Towns was about 3 hours distance.

Right but was it "on the way" to where they were meeting "jay"? And do we have an address for jay?

I wonder if ANYONE knows where they were supposed to meet??

A lot of ponds in Georgia also have gators.

My brother has had three large gators that came up from the creek to his ponds.

I don't think the gators got the Runions though.

I think this is where Towns tried to hide their vehicle.

IMO

no, just saying that if they were disposed of in the pond or river, might not be evidence later, hard to think about much less type!

UPDATE, 12:30 p.m.: Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson says suspect Ronnie Adrian "Jay" Towns has no criminal record and comes from a "good family."

Ronnie Adrian "Jay" Towns, 28, of McRae turned himself in to authorities Monday morning. He was wanted in connection with the disappearance of a Marietta couple.

Bud and June Runion were headed to McRae last Thursday to buy a vintage car from someone they contacted on Craigslist.

Sheriff says he's confident that the last phone conversation with Bud Runion was using a phone belonging to Towns.

Steverson says arrest warrants allege Towns made false statements to investigators and attempted to commit criminal theft by deception. Steverson emphasized these were the only charges against Towns.

Sheriff says they arranged a location with the suspect's father to meet up Monday morning. His father brought Towns to the location.

Sheriff says Towns comes from a good family and had no criminal background.

Steverson said, "We pulled out all the stops and reached out to every agency that we could for help. today we had three helicopters fling over head, an enormous amount of volunteers. We're gonna search telfair county. if they are here, we're going to find them."

A reporter asked Steverson about reports that the Runions' car was found in a pond.

The sheriff would not comment on that,saying they're follow up on a lead in the case.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...arch-for-missing-cobb-county-couple/22276947/

looks like the closest pond to RT home isn't too small but it's also on 217, of course doesnt' mean that's where it was, just looking around on qpublic and maps

With the talk of ambulances at the presser, any chance they were found alive?? :candle::please:

looks like the closest pond to RT home isn't too small but it's also on 217, of course doesnt' mean that's where it was, just looking around on qpublic and maps

Wonder...are there a lot of small ponds in Telfair County?

From the FOX website

Authorities said Monday the couple's car was found in a shallow pond in Telfair County in Southeast Georgia.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/2...spect-in-case-missing-elderly-georgia-couple/

With the talk of ambulances at the presser, any chance they were found alive?? :candle::please:

I believe it is standard operating procedure for emergency vehicles of all kinds to be dispatched in a case like this.

Maybe they parked the ambulance outside so Ronnie Towns could see it.........sort of a reminder of what might happen if he doesn't talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230