Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Per this video, confirmation they were killed Thursday.

Eta: wait a minute, "road that NO LONGER exists", not road that doesn't exist...

Eta: poor lady thinks she might have been able to do something to prevent this, "foil the plot"...I'm afraid I don't think she could have done anything to prevent it, bless her heart.

I believe his father in that video stated that he was scared and that the GBI gave him time to go get him or they were going in and some threats or soemthing made by GBI (probably if he had weapons, they'd shoot to kill?)

but yes he was hiding out, I'm kind of confused on the timeline also, some posters elsewhere were saying the police knew where he was and the car and bodies were before monday, so this video info on saturday vs sunday arrest, might explain that notion possibly, still wonder if he told them where the bodies and car were but then why deny doing it if you did that?

Unless he ran on saturday and was just laying low, when did he play with the kids? Before thursday? I'll have to rewatch that video

Yeah, it sounds like that. But while he was hanging out in a tree for almost two days, me and 170k other people following the family FB page were praying/hoping for him to be located and for him to tell police what happened to this sweet couple, holding out hope they'd still be alive. The dad said they had until daylight/sunrise to bring him in, which would've been Sun. But they didn't cart him in to police until another day later. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. Seems as though this kid had a whole bunch of personality traits that he kept well hidden from his family, with greed being at the top of the list.

I think he did it, and I think they have plenty of evidence to prove he did it. On a side note, if he had been used as a patsy by someone else to pull off this scheme, he would have been singing like a canary by now to clear his name and get sprung from jail.

There has been a whole string of families and spouses who were in shock and who initially denied that their relative could have been involved in something like this. Jeffey Dahmers parents, Dennis Raders entire church and community, Gary Ridgway's wife, John Wayne Gacy's co-workers and neighbors, etc....etc...etc.

Once the reality and the evidence finally sinks in, there isn't much else to deny anymore.

They got the right guy here. Hell of a "first crime" for him, if that is indeed the case.

They found the bodies and the SUV a stone's throw away from where he lived, so not only is he a novice criminal, he's a stupid one too.

Exact words of father regarding trouble before was "pinky dinky" stuff. Must be Cobb Co arrest he's referring to. When asked if he worked reply was "He WAS working," implying that he was not working and therefore probably lacking money. Excellent and very revealing video someone posted!

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. Seems as though this kid had a whole bunch of personality traits that he kept well hidden from his family, with greed being at the top of the list.

I think he did it, and I think they have plenty of evidence to prove he did it. On a side note, if he had been used as a patsy by someone else to pull off this scheme, he would have been singing like a canary by now to clear his name and get sprung from jail.

There has been a whole string of families and spouses who were in shock and who initially denied that their relative could have been involved in something like this. Jeffey Dahmers parents, Dennis Raders entire church and community, Gary Ridgway's wife, John Wayne Gacy's co-workers and neighbors, etc....etc...etc.

Once the reality and the evidence finally sinks in, there isn't much else to deny anymore.

They got the right guy here. Hell of a "first crime" for him, if that is indeed the case.

They found the bodies and the SUV a stone's throw away from where he lived, so not only is he a novice criminal, he's a stupid one too.

Agree 100%. His poor family is in denial, I'm afraid. I feel for them, particularly everything his sister said I believe is really sincere. Jmo

Exact words of father regarding trouble before was "pinky dinky" stuff. Must be Cobb Co arrest he's referring to. When asked if he worked reply was "He WAS working," implying that he was not working and therefore probably lacking money. Excellent and very revealing video someone posted!

More like hinky dinky! (Word we use here a lot on WS, hinky)

(Sorry, no sympathy here, throw away the key. I'm all about innocent until proven guilty, but really, he was involved, that much we know.)

(Wow, just passed 10, 000 posts :eek:)

Question, IF RT used drugs, particularly meth, did his family not know this? Just wondering if pinky dinky includes possible drug use.

Again, my heart goes out to the Towns family. They can not be blamed for his actions. Thank goodness RT Sr was able to bring his son out of the woods. He worked with LE, he did the right thing, like ARS's mom. He could have helped him get away/hide, but he didn't. And his sister, bless her heart.

Eta: It never ceases to amaze me how many of these perps have small children of their own. RT has a 2 year old daughter...It didn't cross his mind that these people have kids, likely grandkids? Did Bud and June beg for their lives, saying, "please, we have grandchildren..."?

Eta: wait a minute, "road that NO LONGER exists", not road that doesn't exist...

Eta: poor lady thinks she might have been able to do something to prevent this, "foil the plot"...I'm afraid I don't think she could have done anything to prevent it, bless her heart.

the road or the road name no longer exists or was changed name?

(Wow, just passed 10, 000 posts :eek:)

Question, IF RT used drugs, particularly meth, did his family not know this? Just wondering if pinky dinky includes possible drug use.

Again, my heart goes out to the Towns family. They can not be blamed for his actions. Thank goodness RT Sr was able to bring his son out of the woods. He worked with LE, he did the right thing, like ARS's mom. He could have helped him get away/hide, but he didn't. And his sister, bless her heart.

Eta: It never ceases to amaze me how many of these perps have small children of their own. RT has a 2 year old daughter...It didn't cross his mind that these people have kids, likely grandkids? Did Bud and June beg for their lives, saying, "please, we have grandchildren..."?

haha, i wonder, or maybe drinking under age long ago? bike "borrowing", fights?

The timeline is NOT making sense. I just re-watched interview with Sister and Dad and here is the best timeline I can come up with

Thursday: Runions travel to McRae
Friday: Runions were supposed to babysit but did not show up. Kids called Cobb police
Saturday: Cobb police notify Telfair police????
Towns sister said she saw him Saturday night after Dad pulled him from the woods
Sunday: Dad says GBI knocks on his door looking for Towns. Dad tells GBI that he (dad) will find him and bring him in tomorrow (monday). Sunday Dad finds Towns in woods?
Monday: Dad brings Towns in.

Can someone correct me or help make sense of this?

Yes, meth use has been on my mind very much. I wondered how his recent court appearance would compare with his Cobb Co mugshot where he looks a lot younger. (Faces of Meth?) Would he have sores on his face with extremely sunken cheeks? IMO, No. He looks healthy to me. I am going to TRY to post pictures side by side.Ronnie Adrian Towns cobb mugshot.jpg Ronnie Adrian Towns hearing Jan 27 2015.jpg

BBM: If I were in her shoes, I'd probably be thinking... "What if I had called him and told him this older couple was looking for him about a car and he gave them the wrong directions? It might have given him reason to abandon the plan. He might have thought, 'Oh no! Mrs. So-and-so knows they're supposed to meet me!' and maybe he would have not bothered to show up at the designated spot... "

So many what-if's. :( The poor Runion daughters are probably thinking how they should have talked their dad out of dealing on Craigslist. The son-in-law's are probably thinking how they should have accompanied Bud and June. The Towns family is probably searching for possible warning signs that they missed.

Just got email from Cobb Co police with tips for residents on using Craigslist ("in light of the recent and tragic event") #1 is "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!"
I'm glad they sent this out so maybe it saves another person from getting hurt. I hate that the poor Runions got snared by this dirtbag who preyed on their excitement for something he didn't even have. They are just a little younger than my parents and they only recently conquered texting. They'd have no clue how to check photo locations or verify names, addresses, online.

There should be zero tolerance for harm to seniors.

The timeline is NOT making sense. I just re-watched interview with Sister and Dad and here is the best timeline I can come up with

Thursday: Runions travel to McRae
Friday: Runions were supposed to babysit but did not show up. Kids called Cobb police
Saturday: Cobb police notify Telfair police????
Towns sister said she saw him Saturday night after Dad pulled him from the woods
Sunday: Dad says GBI knocks on his door looking for Towns. Dad tells GBI that he (dad) will find him and bring him in tomorrow (monday). Sunday Dad finds Towns in woods?
Monday: Dad brings Towns in.

Can someone correct me or help make sense of this?

Hmm, possibly they got the days mixed up, she did look at her dad IIRC for approval/correction when she said Saturday

Hmm, possibly they got the days mixed up, she did look at her dad IIRC for approval/correction when she said Saturday

Thinking on this after watching the video again, she said "saturday night after he came out of the woods and my daddy called the GBI"

Possibly his dad was looking for him as he was hiding out the first time too, when RT's name came up on the news? and his dad called the GBI when he found him Saturday and he ran again?? Seems they had an idea where to find him, IDK weird his dad would have to drag him out of the woods twice but that might explain why the GBI was making threats, because he possibly ran after his dad called?

IDK, just speculating, that or they just got the days mixed up

Just got email from Cobb Co police with tips for residents on using Craigslist ("in light of the recent and tragic event") #1 is "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!"
I'm glad they sent this out so maybe it saves another person from getting hurt. I hate that the poor Runions got snared by this dirtbag who preyed on their excitement for something he didn't even have. They are just a little younger than my parents and they only recently conquered texting. They'd have no clue how to check photo locations or verify names, addresses, online.

There should be zero tolerance for harm to seniors.

go viral with that email, on FB or something, need to really make people really aware

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber
Back