Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
(FWIW, when I say he looks evil to me, this is not because of the accusations against him, confirmation bias or whatever it was referred to upstream. I say he looks evil because of my personal opinion/interpretation of his demeanor, mannerisms, and again expression on his face (eyes, mouth). I don't just jump on the wagon and say everyone looks evil to me just because they are accused of crimes. In fact, just the opposite. There was one suspect in another case, for example, where I was like, "Wow, he looks like some of my hippie friends, I can picture him strumming beatles songs on a guitar..."(sure enough he did play guitar)...I've seen a a gazillion perps here on WS, and it is my opinion that this guy is either tweaked out of his mind, enjoying the attention, not remorseful, crazy, evil. I've seen a lot of nutjobs in my life (even looked into ARS' eyes who killed Jessica Ridgeway), this guy is a evil nutjob, that's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

It is interesting though to see how differently people react to a suspect's image. We've seen this is many cases.

Thanks for all the video links, y'all. You're amazing!

I have to say, in the interview with his family, I do feel that they were completely genuine and in shock over this. I feel awful for them...his mom looks ill, and lord knows that the stress of this can't be easy, especially if one is ill. As with every case I've followed here (not many!), I am heartsick at the disregard for human life and the way it rips through the community, but mostly both the families of the accused and the families of the victims. It's so senseless... I wonder if the perps ever feel it was "worth it".

RIP you two sweet souls... And may blessings fall out upon both families that were hurt by this. :(

I do not know much about the court process, but it does seem odd that he would waive his prelim hearing. From everything I have read online, defendants usually only waive this prelim hearing if they are either 1) guilty or 2) do not want the public to know about all of the evidence against them

Seeing the video of the Towns family makes me think maybe there is more to the story and someone else was involved.

Again last night I was up almost all night laying there thinking about Bud and June, and something came to me I think is kind of cool and want to share with you guys. As I mentioned before, I'm not a highly religious person, and last night I was thinking again about what their final moments must have been like, the terror, the fear, and then suddenly, this kind of calm came over me, and I was reminded that Bud and June were people of faith, and active in their church, that maybe in the final moments they were comforted by this, by their faith, knowing that they were soon to be embraced by a greater light...I'm having a hard time explaining myself, just trying to say that maybe there was some peace for them because of their faith.

The mugshot picture from Cobb County being referred was the first picture of the suspect released from the beginning of this case. He looks much younger in that photo. The above info I posted is correct. You are apparently referring to his appearance in court in Telfair Co in relation to this case where he was wearing stripes. Wish there was the ability to post pictures here as pictures are worth a thousand words. I have a picture of his wedding photo as well. His bride looks like a lovely young lady. This case is so strange!

Sheriff Steverson speaks:

[video=youtube;KmBW6D-rS6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmBW6D-rS6U&x-yt-cl=84838260&x-yt-ts=1422327029[/video]

The still shot image of this video clip is chilling to me. Jmo

Seeing the video of the Towns family makes me think maybe there is more to the story and someone else was involved.

It doesn't for me. For decades I have seen this same thing said by other families of defendants who were later convicted of murder. I do understand why they wouldn't want to believe their son did this. Its very rare to see a defendant's family admit that they know their child is a killer. Jackie Peterson went to her grave still saying Scott Peterson was innocent. So I wouldn't expect this family to be any different.

That said, I think all the evidence that is being collected is pointing to him as being the lone murderer, and I don't think anyone else was involved nor will anyone else be arrested for the robbery/murder of the Runions.

And from what his family said LE must have found possessions belonging to the Runions in Towns mobile home. I imagine he took their cell phones to see when and if they were missed and possibly other things.

Was a video posted here that had a lady talking, she and her husband own an antique shop. Said the Runions stopped and asked for directions, but the road they asked about didn't exist. The lady was upset because she knew Towns as well, and felt if she had talked to Towns that day, it might have been enough to stop him. I know I watched it, an interview from a news station, but I don't know where I saw the link!

This is very interesting, and possibly a piece of the puzzle, a road that didn't exist...part of the trap?

The suspect reminds me of Jeffrey Dahmer, particularly in his appearance in court yesterday.

YES, I noticed that too, so I was thinking ok, so he HAS been in some trouble, but many have and doesnt' make him a killer

Also, wondered about the sibling fall out,

but also noticed how sister said he was so NORMAL acting through all this before and after, and did she say she saw him saturday too, guessing after his dad brought him in, he acted normal

May be he's just psychopath cold, IDK

ummmm, yes psychopath cold would explain why NO ONE would expect this, probably agreeable and quiet (as reported) so seemed like such a nice guy, dang, isnt' this how it happens alot of times? Surely the parents and sister would be so shocked then, maybe I answered my own ponderings with that analogy of coldness lol

Again, I'm hung up on timeframe. Sister in this clip says she last saw him Sat night when his dad found him in the woods and got the GBI. But he wasn't named a suspect until Sun., right? And by then they said he was wanted for lying to police so they had already talked to him.
And he didn't turn himself in until Monday. Everyone was supposedly still looking for him. I'm confused.
So did he run and hide after initial questioning sometime Sat, knowing they were on to him, then his dad and sis found him hiding in the woods that night? Why were they looking for him in the woods if he hadn't yet been named as a suspect? And if everyone knew where he was Sat night, why did it take until Mon to bring him in, all the while knowing the Runions are still missing and this is the only guy they think might have answers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know much about the court process, but it does seem odd that he would waive his prelim hearing. From everything I have read online, defendants usually only waive this prelim hearing if they are either 1) guilty or 2) do not want the public to know about all of the evidence against them

It is odd that he so quickly waived his PH. The only time I have seen that happen is when the defense attorney doesn't want the evidence out in public that LE has against their client.

I remember Joseph Duncan waived his PH in Idaho because he didn't want it out about what all he had done to the Greone family.

Usually defense attorneys prefer PHs over a Grand Jury indictment because they get to cross examine the witnesses in a PH and get a glimpse of the evidence the state has against their client.

So I do find it very odd.

IMO

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/murder-charges-filed-in-craigslist-killings/njyDc/

Two examples stand out; Bud’s bicycle ministry and the couple’s annual aid trip to Appalachia.
Bud’s Bikes started years ago when he started repairing old bicycles and donating them to children living in several housing projects near the church he and his wife attended for nearly 30 years, Mt. Paran North Church of God in Marietta.
The need was great enough that Runion’s driveway often resembled a bike repair shop, said Marcy Mixon, a longtime neighbor of the Runions.
Not all of the bicycles went to needy families in Marietta. Each year, the Runions would pack up bikes, toys, clothing and food and drive through Appalachia giving the items to the desperately poor. The trip took days, but the Runions always seemed refreshed when it was over.
“Where there were people in need, Bud and June wanted to help them,” said Pastor Mark Walker of Mt. Paran North. “They met the needs of untold thousands of people.”

They were truly wonderful people .. Breaks my heart! :(

Really awesome everything they did for so many people in need! Thanks for posting.

Again, I'm hung up on timeframe. Sister in this clip says she last saw him Sat night when his dad found him in the woods and got the GBI. But he wasn't named a suspect until Sun., right? And by then they said he was wanted for lying to police so they had already talked to him.
And he didn't turn himself in until Monday. Everyone was supposedly still looking for him. I'm confused.
So did he run and hide after initial questioning sometime Sat, knowing they were on to him, then his dad and sis found him hiding in the woods that night? Why were they looking for him in the woods if he hadn't yet been named as a suspect? And if everyone knew where he was Sat night, why did it take until Mon to bring him in, all the while knowing the Runions are still missing and this is the only guy they think might have answers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe his father in that video stated that he was scared and that the GBI gave him time to go get him or they were going in and some threats or soemthing made by GBI (probably if he had weapons, they'd shoot to kill?)

but yes he was hiding out, I'm kind of confused on the timeline also, some posters elsewhere were saying the police knew where he was and the car and bodies were before monday, so this video info on saturday vs sunday arrest, might explain that notion possibly, still wonder if he told them where the bodies and car were but then why deny doing it if you did that?

Unless he ran on saturday and was just laying low, when did he play with the kids? Before thursday? I'll have to rewatch that video

Rr

The Towns family seems genuine. I did detect a few cracks, however. The first was when the reporter asked Ronnie, Sr. if Jay had ever been in trouble. Ronnie, Sr. gave a weak, no, not really, answer, then said maybe some minor stuff ( I paraphrased, as I don't remember his exact words ). His sister admitted they weren't as close as they used to be, implying a minor rift in their relationship.

IMHO

I too, detected that!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber