Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
(O/t: has it ever been confirmed if JM/LJ was being tracked as had went to Texas, trying to remember...did he really walk out of the police station that day without a tail? Tia.)

I followed this one closely. JLM was being followed when he left the station but began driving erratically so the tail had back off for safety concerns. He was lost at that point. He somehow acquired his sisters car and drove to TX where he was spotted camping out on a beach.

About the earlier "mugshot" ~ That blue back-ground looks just like a Georgia DL photo. There are 159 counties in the state & it's curious to me that a country boy from South GA got busted for something in Cobb County, the same one where Bud and June lived. Has anyone searched for that arrest record? Could it be, when he was named POI, Cobb or Marietta pulled that DL photo? Let's go back & verify all our facts. We know media makes mistakes & I think this was mis-labeled very early on. Would one of you web savvy folks check on it? Thanks!

That will never happen. The ultra poor inner city folks practically LIVE with a cell phone in their ear, forcing them to show ID would be considered unfair (as stated they aren't even required to show ID when voting in the south, as that sort of thing supposedly would punish minorities).

That was the second part of my answer, I answered no inside the quotes if an ID was required. No ID is required.

As far as pings, everyone knows if you remove the battery it can't ping, I would think the better burner phones do have removeable batteries.

Yes removing the batteries = a brick.

Interesting. I didn't have any clue what you meant, so had to look it up... Jeez, you learn something new every day!

Quote Originally Posted by SiberianSleuth View Post

RT's father mentioned someone went into the woods with him to get RT but was hesitant to mention the persons name. Or did I just make that up in my head?
id like to know who that was. Seems odd to me we haven't heard from more "friends."
I could be totally wrong on this, but I picture where RT lives to be similar to where I am from..going and getting someone from the woods doesn't necessarily mean that they were running or hiding.
There may not have been a hunting season going on, but RT could have been out there doing any number of things, but I just don't see hiding being one of them considering his father and the unnamed person where able to locate him so quickly and easily.
While I have a lot of questions about this case and why one person did this or one person did not do this, I still think RT is guilty and, let's face it, he doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed and his actions have proven it.

I joined the forum because of this case, although I've read through some other threads in past years.

From what I've read, he isn't a great guy, isn't a great person, and it's sad that his family is actually taking the 'OJ Simpson' route: implying that he couldn't have done it and that he was set up.

They did express sympathy for the Runions, but they know that Jay has had skirmishes with the law, that he's not a dedicated and reliable 'career man', and they should have just said that they want to wait to see all the evidence, not asserted that he's actually innocent. Obviously, Jay's actions are not the fault of his family.

Welcome, jimbob22!

:welcome4:

I think the family is probably just in denial at this time. Maybe they'll change their tune when all the evidence comes out. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Why would he do this? Why would he do that?
A lot of criminals do stupid things. That's how they get caught.

i"ve been searching for the obituary, has anyone seen it?

Great minds, and all of that, Dancing...

There hasn't been a formal Obituary published as yet. With that said, local media has discussed that the funeral is at 1pm Saturday at the Mount Paran Church of God North in Marietta. I would expect to see an obituary - and guestbook - on the AJC site very late tonight, or early tomorrow morning.

This story has affected me more profoundly than any of the many cases, both local and national, that have touched me deeply over the years. I'm laid up with a severe ankle sprain right now, but am hopeful that it will improve enough to allow me to attend the visitation likely tomorrow night (no idea yet which funeral home is handling), or perhaps even the funeral service itself on Saturday.

I'll post any updated info I can find should it not be here already.

Westie Mom

I've been trying to keep up, but have to skim through a lot.

Just wondering, why did Bud have to stop and ask for directions. He apparently had Jay's phone number.

I've been trying to keep up, but have to skim through a lot.

Just wondering, why did Bud have to stop and ask for directions. He apparently had Jay's phone number.

I would say the Runion's had lost their cellphone service and were unable to reach RT-happens a lot in areas with a lot of trees or back roads.
That or RT had the phone turned off and was laying in wait for them to drive into his web.

About the earlier "mugshot" ~ That blue back-ground looks just like a Georgia DL photo. There are 159 counties in the state & it's curious to me that a country boy from South GA got busted for something in Cobb County, the same one where Bud and June lived. Has anyone searched for that arrest record? Could it be, when he was named POI, Cobb or Marietta pulled that DL photo? Let's go back & verify all our facts. We know media makes mistakes & I think this was mis-labeled very early on. Would one of you web savvy folks check on it? Thanks!

Purely my personal speculation, but I'm nearly certain that picture with the blue background was just pulled from his license. The daily mail ran an article and even had blue background pictures of Bud and June which I imagine was pulled from their licenses as well. I'm a GA resident and my license picture also looks just like these.
(I'm on my phone so I'm sorry if I didn't link the article properly).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2928834/Suspect-charged-murder-missing-Georgia-couple.html

1. Does Jay have much knowledge about antique cars, or access to someone who does? I'd assume Bud knew all about the specs of a '66 mustang and would have quickly been able to tell if the person answering his ad did too. I do think Jay is the sole perp, but maybe asked someone a few too many questions about old cars.

The "easy" answer would be that he inherited the car recently (i.e. "it was my Uncle's cream puff, I don't know that much about Mustangs but it is really nice looking etc...") or some such thing. Sending pix would also be easy, there are plenty of Mustang pix online.

Does anybody have any idea why the cops keep refusing to say whether The Runion's were carrying cash with them or not ? What difference does it make to them ? They either were, or they weren't.

They already pressed armed robbery charges against Towns, and they are pretty certain that he murdered them, so why all the secrecy around whether or not they were carrying a wad of cash on them ?

I'll probably get the usual comments about how that information will impede the investigation, and if you are one of the ones that make that kind of comment, please explain further what possible difference it makes.

3. Why would anyone frame him? Pure hatred.

Or just to have someone for it to "fall" on -- a person capable of committing the murders likely wouldn't hesitate at an opportunity to pin them on someone else.

Does anybody have any idea why the cops keep refusing to say whether The Runion's were carrying cash with them or not ? What difference does it make to them ? They either were, or they weren't....

...I'll probably get the usual comments about how that information will impede the investigation, and if you are one of the ones that make that kind of comment, please explain further what possible difference it makes.

Maybe to see if there really was an accomplice who helped RT?
We, as the public, do not know if they had cash on them. The Runion's children believe that their parents did not have cash on them.
But, if they did...well, only the guilty or someone who RT may have spoken to about the incident (thus making them guilty of knowing about a murder and not reporting it) would know the answer to that-other than the police.
Just a guess as to why they're keeping it a secret.

Yes it does, we do not have all the facts, neither does his family apparently and we all here know how mean some pepole are/can be

I wonder about his alibi

where was he, if he has no alibi he's quite likely screwed even if he didnt do this or act alone

anything is possible

if they have surveillance of him purchaseing the phone would be bad news for him too

but so far, we dont' know any of that

so far what we have is damming and the ludicrousy of the whole thing make syou think no one is that dumb to leave such a trail

I posted questions about the phone and why Runions didnt' just call RT when they couldn't find the road,or did they and there was no answer, apparently they found SOMEBODY somewhere sometime

BBM - I can almost imagine that possibly their cell didn't work there. Having been to Dodge county multiple times, my phone never works for miles and miles of that trip. Once you get a few miles away from I-75, phone service is sketchy. Just one explanation.

Interesting that it seems at this point RT did not implement his vocational backgrounds in his disposal methods (construction, landscaping)...

WHAT disposal methods (if you mean of the bodies)? Sounds as if they were just left where they fell.

Good idea, I think. On the other hand, earlier in the threads someone posted they did some kind of "people search" and found what looked like evidence that Jay had once lived in the Marietta area...

Does anybody have any idea why the cops keep refusing to say whether The Runion's were carrying cash with them or not ? What difference does it make to them ? They either were, or they weren't.

They already pressed armed robbery charges against Towns, and they are pretty certain that he murdered them, so why all the secrecy around whether or not they were carrying a wad of cash on them ?

I'll probably get the usual comments about how that information will impede the investigation, and if you are one of the ones that make that kind of comment, please explain further what possible difference it makes.

I agree with you.

And may I say. I really like your abrupt style. Straight forward. To the point. "Get her done!"
I like it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shuttleworthry