Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the Fox Atlanta Facebook page:

"WOW: An outpouring of support has come in for a charity favored by a Cobb Co. couple found murdered in south Georgia on Monday. In less than 24 hours, the House of Hope has raised over $11,000. The family has asked for donations to the charity in lieu of flowers."

Good idea, I think. On the other hand, earlier in the threads someone posted they did some kind of "people search" and found what looked like evidence that Jay had once lived in the Marietta area...

I found this a few days ago, interesting that the 75 yr old Ronnie is connected to marietta and Mcrae etc, but these things can be wrong
I've not found a mugshot anywhere when I've searched......yet
I dont really envision Dad Towns living in marietta, JMO
but seems there are plenty of Ronnie Towns out there
someone on topix had mentioned they are kin to some folks in marietta or some relations, dont recall exactly, did you read that maybe?
Name Age Location Result
RONNIE TOWNS 63 CHERRYLOG, GA
CHERRY LOG, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 75 ACWORTH, GA FORT VALLEY, GA KENNESAW, GA MARIETTA, GA MC RAE, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS BLUE RIDGE, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 72 METTER, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 50 FORT VALLEY, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 54 FORT VALLEY, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 49 BLUE RIDGE, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 49 FORT VALLEY, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 71 METTER, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 63 MC RAE, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS KENNESAW, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 59 KENNESAW, GA
View Results

The phone has many questions concerning it. But I still can figure out if RT is in the woods how was it being tracked going south ? Who had it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM I understood that the cell phone being south was the Runion's phone and it was pinged or tracked or whatever south of McRae - which is in the very northern part of Telfair County. They were searching 20 miles south of McRae at one point. Isn't the Town's property south of McRae?

What if he threw the phone away or in a dumpster or something of the sort and it pinged while in a garbage truck? Hard to say. Where was it said that the phone pinged south? I must've missed this.

haha, thats a good one, that would keep someone hopping!

I dont' recall they said where, from memory seems like they said it was moving south, I think in relations to Mcrae where it first pinged and I dont' recall what day that was on

3. Why would anyone frame him? Pure hatred.

Ok, why would you frame someone?

1. Revenge/Payback
Did he hurt someone who is related to someone smart or powerful.
Did he take something that hurt someone.
2. Jealousy
Jealous lover. Jealous husband of lover.
Jealous wife.
3. To get you out of the picture.
Wife's lover.
4. Family payback for another family member.
Hummmmmm

BBM I understood that the cell phone being south was the Runion's phone and it was pinged or tracked or whatever south of McRae - which is in the very northern part of Telfair County. They were searching 20 miles south of McRae at one point. Isn't the Town's property south of McRae?

Yes, it is, but jacksonville is 20ish........Towns about a little over halfway or more, between Mcrae and Jacksonville GEORGIA and where they live is considered Mcrae according to googlemaps and mapquest

Latest info was that the runions were looking for the dirt road in or near jacksonville ga, the second map below shows how to get to webb rd from jacksonville but i think there was a road above jackson they could catch, E graham and the only other is webb cemetery rd that i see on maps, dont know why RT or whomeve Runions spoke to on cell didnt just tell them to take webb cemetery if they were going there instead of some road that no longer exists, unless that was GPS error but if they had GPS why didn't it take them to that road

Not sure which woods they found RT in either, in the video the dad said "right here in these woods" or some such but don't think it was mentioned exactly where they were standing though could have been on the towns property on webb cemetery rd since they were interviewing them, IDK

19 minutes from mcrae to j'ville ga

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?2c=mcrae&2s=ga#b47dea5bc6c16d6762f04139

webb cemetery rd to j'ville ga

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?2c=jacksonville&2s=ga#bfcb2822bf60864a2472f9ee

"Telfair County sheriff’s deputies searched the area where the Runions’ last phone call took place on Friday. Police say the phone they called was a burner cell phone.

The burner phone's ping has since moved south, according to police. "

http://www.wgxa.tv/news/local/Missi...ed-on-Craigslist-in-Telfair-Co-289674831.html

Thanks dancingunderthemoon - did you think the "phone pings from the south" was referring to the Runion's phone or the burn phone (Jay's)? I remember hearing that pretty early on so I thought they were searching south of McRae because that was the tower where the Runion's phone was last "pinged" or whatever is the correct term.

Oops - posted at same time, Treelights - thank you!

bbm: Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that, but yep, very possible.

What do you mean when you say you think the robbery had to do with more than drugs ...? Anything specific in mind?

I think that he needed to get his hands on money for more than just a drug habit. Maybe he owed money to someone who has helped him get out of trouble before? Hush money of sorts? Just thinking of maybe's here.

Things to ponder here . If Bud & June were killed on Thurs. the LE down in that area were not involved till Friday correct . When did they talk to RT ? Then we hear the LE trace his phone going south later on. That I think was on Sunday . Now how can that be if his family saw him Saturday night and he went into the woods to hide when the warrants were issued.
So who had the phone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe LE talked to RT on Friday evening or Saturday?, as Sunday was when the warrants were issued.

"Updated: 12:11 a.m. Monday, Jan. 26, 2015 | Posted: 10:33 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 24, 2015"

"Steverson says there are two active warrants out for Towns. One warrant is for making false statements to investigators and the other for criminal attempt to commit theft by deception, Steverson said. The warrants were issued Sunday, after sheriff’s officials say they interviewed Towns in the case."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/missing-marietta-couple-left-buy-car-posted-craigs/njwSX/

This link below is about the burner phone:
Story Published: Jan 24, 2015
Story Updated: Jan 25, 2015
"Telfair County sheriff’s deputies searched the area where the Runions’ last phone call took place on Friday. Police say the phone they called was a burner cell phone.

The burner phone's ping has since moved south, according to police."

http://www.wgxa.tv/news/local/Missi...ed-on-Craigslist-in-Telfair-Co-289674831.html

If they showed up with no money and Towns got angry, I could see Bud and June offering to help.

rsbm

Myself, I don't imagine that a vet would respond that way, and not because vets are uncaring; they are just usually fairly wary, if we're going to talk in generalizations. If Towns responded that way to me, I would be thinking 'fight or flight', opting towards fight if I were an armed vet living in Georgia. Clearly they were kind folks, but that doesn't mean that they were stupid, which I doubt. I don't think that they had the opportunity to offer help, myself.

I also agree with you, I think, as I doubt that they suffered long.

Ok, why would you frame someone?

1. Revenge/Payback
Did he hurt someone who is related to someone smart or powerful.
Did he take something that hurt someone.
2. Jealousy
Jealous lover. Jealous husband of lover.
Jealous wife.
3. To get you out of the picture.
Wife's lover.
4. Family payback for another family member.
Hummmmmm

I don't know whether Jay lured the Runions and/or killed them or not. I just REALLY don't -- it is early in the case and I would rather wait for more information.

But rather than thinking he was "framed" (if he didn't do it) for some personal reason, I tend to think more like this: You know, drug-users have these circles they move in, it seems ...and move in and out of, and pull others into. So at any one time, you maybe have folks who know each other real well and have been "hanging" together for a while, and then you have newcomers, and who knows who all. I think Jay was probably moving in some of those circles. He may have bought the phone of his own volition, for normal personal use and/or drug-acquiring/selling, whatever. Somebody else may have "borrowed" it, or stolen it, with a Craiglist robbery in mind. If he willingly loaned it, Jay might or might not have known their planned use for the phone. (Or, someone may have asked Jay to purchase a phone for him/her, saying they'd "make it good" in a few days but didn't have the bucks and/or other medium of exchange right now.)

In this THEORY, the person who now has the phone (or someone involved in the scheme) ends up, whether planned or not, murdering Bud and June. And -- since they already know Jay can be linked to the phone -- they, "just in case something goes wrong", have arranged to do their ill work in a spot that will be linked to him. In fact, they might be a little careless, knowing that. Depending on the timing, maybe they even give the phone back to Jay.

Of course, Jay himself could be involved in this at any level -- acting alone, taking a part knowingly but not pulling the trigger, or having no direct involvement except acquiring the phone (without knowledge of the plan).

Just think there are still possibilities at this point, until I know more.

I found this a few days ago, interesting that the 75 yr old Ronnie is connected to marietta and Mcrae etc, but these things can be wrong
I've not found a mugshot anywhere when I've searched......yet
I dont really envision Dad Towns living in marietta, JMO
but seems there are plenty of Ronnie Towns out there
someone on topix had mentioned they are kin to some folks in marietta or some relations, dont recall exactly, did you read that maybe?
Name Age Location Result
RONNIE TOWNS 63 CHERRYLOG, GA
CHERRY LOG, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 75 ACWORTH, GA FORT VALLEY, GA KENNESAW, GA MARIETTA, GA MC RAE, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS BLUE RIDGE, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 72 METTER, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 50 FORT VALLEY, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 54 FORT VALLEY, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 49 BLUE RIDGE, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 49 FORT VALLEY, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 71 METTER, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 63 MC RAE, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS KENNESAW, GA
View Results
RONNIE TOWNS 59 KENNESAW, GA
View Results

Thanks. I think you must have posted some of this info before and that, yes, that's where I was recalling some suggested Jay/Marietta link from.

So no real evidence THIS Ronnie Towns ever lived in Marietta, I'd say ... Agree?

Thanks dancingunderthemoon - did you think the "phone pings from the south" was referring to the Runion's phone or the burn phone (Jay's)? I remember hearing that pretty early on so I thought they were searching south of McRae because that was the tower where the Runion's phone was last "pinged" or whatever is the correct term.

Hey Judy, I thought the south movement was RT and that the Runions was pinged in Mcrae but my memory fails me at times LOL and coudlnt' recall the times or days, just read the article and gives much info that as times has passed lends more questions

The Runions’ daughters say no one has heard from the couple since Thursday morning.

Cellphone data showed the couple made it to McRae. Their last known location was in McRae at 5:30 p.m. Thursday.OMG, they were deceased?! my stomach flipped

Their cellphones are now off and family members have not been able to ping the phones to find a location. dont' know original date of this article looks like sat

The Runions’ children filed a missing persons report Friday. I think it took til saturday for cobb to reach telfair?

They say it is evident that their parents intended to come straight home after buying the car, and they are now very concerned. ok so they may have gone with cash

Family members have reached out to hospitals, sheriff’s offices, and hotels from Cobb County to Telfair County.

Telfair County sheriff’s deputies searched the area where the Runions’ last phone call took place on Friday. ok is this something like a dangling modifier, did deputies check on friday or the runions last call on friday

Police say the phone they called was a burner cell phone. RT

The burner phone's ping has since moved south, according to police. where was it to begin with?

this has probably already been mulled over, just now jumping back in

I think that he needed to get his hands on money for more than just a drug habit. Maybe he owed money to someone who has helped him get out of trouble before? Hush money of sorts? Just thinking of maybe's here.

So he wouldn't be killed? He OWED money to someone? Kill or be killed, quickly?

"Telfair County sheriff’s deputies searched the area where the Runions’ last phone call took place on Friday. Police say the phone they called was a burner cell phone. Does this mean they SEARCHED ON FRIDAY? dangling modifier? put a comma after took place, on friday, or the runions phone call actually took place on friday?
Police say the phone they called (meaning the runions called)? was a burner

The burner phone's ping has since moved south, according to police. "

Red is me

YES, they searched friday, that was poorly written, here is the rest of that article

Search and rescue teams, along with a Georgia State Patrol helicopter, continued their search Saturday.

You know, we've heard that the phone was "apparently purchased for the crime" or something along those lines and turned off soon afterward. One thing I'd really like to know (and I know we're not likely to, any time soon) is exactly WHEN it was purchased...and whether it was also used for other calls (and to what numbers).

After reading the article again, that someone posted about the searches and pings, I'm thinking it pinged and moved south on Friday then was turned off by saturday??

That would mean that between Friday when the Runions were reported missing, and the first time they talked to RJT, which was before Saturday night, LE managed to:
Find the phone number the Runions had called regarding the Mustang.
Then:
Called the number and asked who it belonged to and RJT told them it was him? That would be pretty stupid on RJT’s part.
Tracked the ID number to the store it was issued at, got the time it was purchased, got the video that showed who bought it, and ID’d the person in the video? Dang, they are faster than 99.9% of other LE agencies.
Tracked the number to a certain area with GPS provided by the Runion’s family and the location was the Towns property? Did they have a name to go with the number?
If so, then the first contact with RJT follows.
If not, did they jump on RJT because they had investigated him for petty theft? That would be pretty thin unless the local LE are the ones trying to railroad him.

These guys must have had a lot of information to move that fast, so I can only assume that the Runion's Family were able to provide them with all communications regarding the Craigslist interaction.

Scenario 1: If it could be proven the Runions had $20,000 on them, but only $10,000 was found with RJT, where did the rest of the money go? If someone else was involved, trying to get that information out of RJT without letting whomever else know LE knows there is a discrepancy might keep other person (who thinks they are home free) from running. Scenario 2: Armed robbery could be regarding the Envoy. If so, that one might be hard to make stick in the long run (it can't have been taken by force if the Runions were already dead). Saying nothing means no media giving opinions on that and second guessing charges. Scenario 3: RJT had $30,000, but the Runions were only carrying $20,000. Where did the rest of the money come from? Could there be someone involved in that? If so, see Scenario 1 above. Scenario 4: No money found. Where is the motive for killing the Runions? LE might need to find that motive first, or might need to adjust the charges depending on the investigation (this happens frequently). JMO, as per the norm.

I agree. I keep reading conflicting reports (it was shut off shortly after, it pinged the next day further south, it was purchased for the crime, it was purchased for the crime or some similar crime planned...). Need facts....:waiting:

I know I mentioned up thread somewhere that that I wondered why the Runions didnt' call RT to find directions if they were lost, thinking that maybe they did but he didnt' answer, so maybe they thought he didn't have signal or good signal, or something, dont' recall if it would ring and ring and go to voicemail or does it even ring if out of range? OR just go straight to voicemail, if there was even a voicemail set up, probably not........so now thinking LE or someone may have called it, even the duaghters if they had the number before LE, but RT didnt' answer, maybe thinking it couldnt be traced if he didnt' ? Or of course after he killed them, he wouldnt' answer anymore anyway, so that was Friday...........so LE had to be in touch with phone co or whomever cinnamin and pelliman said had the SN# on phone to find pings, right? Dang that was amazingly quick IMO, for the company to be so quickly obliging, I'm telling you, that amazes me too Ghostwheel!

But how else could it have played out though in order to know where it pinged? They could know who answered if someone recognized his voice but still doesnt' explain the pings and how fast the phone co got involved

cant' figure how they knew it was his phone so quickly

Thanks. I think you must have posted some of this info before and that, yes, that's where I was recalling some suggested Jay/Marietta link from.

So no real evidence THIS Ronnie Towns ever lived in Marietta, I'd say ... Agree?

No I dont' think I ever said that or found that any of these RT's lived in Marietta, didnt' mean to imply that if it came out that way, I dont recall ever thinking that anyway but I have seen this before and was trying to find out where young RT lived exactly, wheeler, jackson or mcrae i THINK the reason I searched

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pinklillies13
Back