GA GA - Carlene Tengelsen, 16, Macon, 21 June 1972

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is a weird long shot. I was cleaning out some old books yesterday. I found a book my neighbor gave me probably 15 years ago. A book called My Bookhouse From the tower window. 1921 edition. There was a name written in the front and back cover. So I looked it up just being curious. The name Carlene Sessions Tengelsen to my surprise, brought me here. I have been reading the last two days. It says she played the violin. My neighbor who has been dead now 10 years also played the violin. He played with many different orchestras throughout the years and I believe he was known to give violin lessons. Think there is anything to it?

This is a weird long shot. I was cleaning out some old books yesterday. I found a book my neighbor gave me probably 15 years ago. A book called My Bookhouse From the tower window. 1921 edition. There was a name written in the front and back cover. So I looked it up just being curious. The name Carlene Sessions Tengelsen to my surprise, brought me here. I have been reading the last two days. It says she played the violin. My neighbor who has been dead now 10 years also played the violin. He played with many different orchestras throughout the years and I believe he was known to give violin lessons. Think there is anything to it?
Welcome to Websleuths. I definitely think that you should at least mention this to local police.

I think it would be worth mentioning. Even though he's dead maybe the police will look into his past.

Are you from the general area Carlene was from? Do you think this man could have been her violin instructor?

I am not from that area. I am in Florida. I will share the information tomorrow with the hotline. I imagine at some point her belongings may have been given away? He was a collector of books. I don't know if it is coincidence.

Are you saying that her name appeared in the book? I'm confused as to how you think it is connected.

Her name is in print in the front of the book and in cursive in the back of the book. It isn't a common name. When I looked it up on the internet this came up. It seems to match ...the print version of her name in the cement. I don't know that it is connected which is why I will report to the hotline.

Her name is in print in the front of the book and in cursive in the back of the book. It isn't a common name. When I looked it up on the internet this came up. It seems to match ...the print version of her name in the cement. I don't know that it is connected which is why I will report to the hotline.
Are you saying that her name appeared in the book? I'm confused as to how you think it is connected.
How do you think it may be connected. I was convinced it was coincidence but my brother said I should call it in.

Edit: sorry for the double question.

Yeah, that seems very interesting. Her mom died, I wonder if her belongings were given away to Goodwill and your neighbor happened upon them there.

Yeah. Well I received it over 15 years ago. I have no idea. I wasn't expecting to look her name up and end up here. So maybe you would rather I let it go?

Could be the family gave away her items and they ended up in different places?

Yes. You'd be surprised at how things like that can travel.

One thing that strikes me as interesting though, has your neighbor lived in his house awhile (before he passed that is) because Carlene's dad worked in FL running fabric stores. He traveled a lot for work.

Yeah. Well I received it over 15 years ago. I have no idea. I wasn't expecting to look her name up and end up here. So maybe you would rather I let it go?

Definitely not! I think it is still worth calling in and having investigators check it out. Possibly they can get the book back to her surviving siblings.

You have nothing to lose by reporting it. The fact that Carlene took violin lessons and that this man was a violinist who may have given lessons is enough to keep me from dismissing this as a coincidence. And he may have lived in FL during his older years but that doesn't mean he couldn't have lived in GA during Carlene's lifetime there. I live in a southern state, not as far south as GA, and a lot of people from my state move to FL when they retire so I think there's a chance your neighbor could have moved to FL from GA in his later years.

On the one hand I know people often donate old books and belongings when a person has passed away, but on the other hand it's hard for me to imagine the family of a girl who went missing at 16 giving away a book she'd written her name in not once but twice. Her parents are deceased but it was only a few years ago that her mother passed. If I'd been her mother I could not have donated or thrown away a book she'd written her name in. The book meant enough to Carlene to put her name in the front and the back and that probably means she intended to keep the book to reread at a later date. She must have liked it and that would make it a sentimental item for her family, I would think. I still have books of my late mother's that she wrote her name in because I just can't part with them due to her signature being in them even though she's been gone a very long time now.

I think you are doing the right thing to report it, because what a strange and surprising thing this is, to be given a book with the name of a missing girl inside it. There's a possibility this could bring some answers about her fate. But if there's no connection between Carlene and this man, at least you've done what you could.

This is my #1 top case I'd like to see solved. I don't know why but from the moment I first heard of Carlene's case I've never stopped thinking about it. Of all the missing persons cases I've ever read, no matter how bizarre the circumstances of some of them are, Carlene's case is the one I most want answers to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70
Back