GUILTY GA - Charles Parker, 25, Athens, 15 Jan 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Much better properties, TY Knox.

No mention if he was planning to move to the farm or be an absentee owner. I lean towards owner/invester since he is a banker.

I wish there were more details. Like the names. Who did he go there with? Who is the lottery woman? Did Charles get sucked into a scam or robbery that went wrong?

I lean towards scam going wrong, and I hope he is alive but..

eta: what do you suppose he found out about this property as an investment because of being the bank asst manager? Would he have access to foreclosure info?

YesAnda I believe he would have access to foreclosure info and bank owned properties. A large poultry operation in White County GA with six houses and 18 acres went for 49K at auction last month.

http://newsone.com/nation/jeffmays/find-our-missing-charles-stephen-parker/

Written by Jeff Mays on January 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Although African Americans make up just 13 percent of the U.S. population, we account for 33 percent of the missing in the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s database.

<snipped>
To be a part of the solution, NewsOne will profile a missing person weekly and provide tips about how to keep your loved ones safe and what to do if someone goes missing, while TV One‘s newest show, “Find Our Missing,” hosted by award-winning actress S. Epatha Merkerson, tells these stories in visual form.

Good point about advance notice on foreclosure properties AmandaReckonwith. I forgot he was the Assistant Branch Manager at BofA.

Nothing in the news today or on his Missing Page
icon9.gif

A week later, family keeps hope missing man whose car was found in Athens is alive

Relatives of a Walton County man remain hopeful that Charles Stephen Parker will be found alive and well, more than a week after he went missing under suspicious circumstances.

“My personal opinion is someone knows where Charles is, and we have to stay positive and prayerful,” Patrick Parker, brother of the missing 25-year-old man from Monroe, said Monday afternoon.
http://onlineathens.com/local-news/...-missing-man-whose-car-was-found-athens-alive

Still praying for Charles-

Snips ...

“My personal opinion is someone knows where Charles is, and we have to stay positive and prayerful,” Patrick Parker, brother of the missing 25-year-old man from Monroe, said Monday afternoon

Authorities consider the disappearance to be suspicious, and Parker has not been spotted since the afternoon of Jan. 15, when a business partner says Parker dropped him off at his home in Northern Clarke County.

Patrick Parker said he never met his brother’s supposed business partner, though his brother frequently spoke about him, he said.

Authorities have not said if the Athens business partner was suspected in Parker’s disappearance, and the man’s brother said he didn’t know enough to make a determination.

Authorities have only the Athens man’s word that he last saw Parker between 4 and 4:30 p.m. Jan. 15 and no independent witnesses to corroborate that the missing man even was in Athens that day.

He left church for Athens, where he was supposed to pick up a friend and meet with a third person about the possibility of buying investment property in Madison County, authorities and family members said.

The two brothers are extremely close and normally speak at least a couple of times a day, according to Patrick Parker, who said his brother would have confided in him if he had any personal problems.

“There was nothing he felt he couldn’t deal with, and that’s that makes this so strange and out of the ordinary,” Patrick Parker said.

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/...-missing-man-whose-car-was-found-athens-alive

Bumping for Charles, 13 days since he was reported missing.

I spent ten years in Athens (undergrad/work/then grad school). This isn't sounding good...

Where are you Charles??

Hoping you come home soon!

Hoping that progress is being made behind the scenes. Still NO updates or news from LE!!

Two weeks later, no trace of missing Monroe man whose car was found in Athens

Authorities still don’t know what happened to a missing Walton County man whose car was found abandoned two weeks ago north of downtown Athens.

But investigators continue to question people who know Charles Stephen Parker as well as an Athens man who claims to be the last person to see Parker alive the afternoon of Jan. 15, according to Monroe police Maj. R.V. Watts.

Authorities would not say if they suspect the Athens man was involved in Parker’s disappearance, which they called suspicious.

But he hasn’t cooperated fully with investigators, according to Watts.
“In some ways he has and in other ways he hasn’t, but I don’t want to point my finger at anybody,” the Monroe police official said.

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/...missing-monroe-man-whose-car-was-found-athens

Sad that some cases just fade out of sight
icon9.gif

I haven't forgotten you Charles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member