Identified! GA - Cherokee Co, Remains in Woods Behind Home on Purcell Ln, July 2018 - Gary Farris *wife arrested

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

DAILY TRIAL HIGHLIGHTS​

DAY 2 – 10/8/24​

• Police investigators arrived to find a smoldering burn pit containing the remains of Gary Farris. A projectile was located in a rib fragment.

Posted at 8:19 AM, October 8, 2024

Melody Walker Farris is standing trial on charges she killed her husband and burned his remains on their property. Prosecutors say at the time of the murder Gary Farris refused to give Melody money but instead gave it to their adult children.

I don't blame Gary Farris one iota! According to today's testimony by son, Christopher Farris, Melody had been carrying on a relationship with her paramour from at least as far back as November of 2008 (Gary Farris' murder occurred in July 2018). Melody's paramour had been a long-time boyfriend of Christopher's "Aunt'" (whether paternal or maternal aunt -- was not stated).

I don't blame Gary Farris one iota! According to today's testimony by son, Christopher Farris, Melody had been carrying on a relationship with her paramour from at least as far back as November of 2008 (Gary Farris' murder occurred in July 2018). Melody's paramour had been a long-time boyfriend of Christopher's "Aunt'" (whether paternal or maternal aunt -- was not stated).
Very messy.

DAILY TRIAL HIGHLIGHTS​

DAY 3 – 10/9/24​

• Melody Farris sent a text message to her friend and neighbor, Terry Braswell, stating, “I hope he [Gary Farris] dies alone and a gruesome death.”

Posted at 7:57 AM, October 10, 2024

Well, today (Thurs. 10 Oct. 2024) during the cross of witness Christopher Farris by Melody Farris' defense attorney, we hear reference by the defense that at some point in the past Gary Farris was (allegedly) having an affair with his secretary. Christopher professed to have no knowledge of this, although he knew of his father's secretary. Apparently she had been Gary Farris' secretary back in Alabama and the same law firm. She also moved to the Atlanta area and continued to work as his father's secretary.

Cross-examination of Christopher Farris by the defense today also established that Melody Farris was having an extramarital affair with Ted Wiley, who had previously been in a long-term relationship with the sister of Gary Farris (so, Melody Farris' sister-in-law).

Last edited:
THIS CROSS What do YOU think about it?? I think Chris Farris is coming off as credible and as a victim. I think defense counsel should lighten up on the attacks. Too aggressive may backfire with the jury, IMO.
I think Christopher Farris is very credible. The defense is trying hard to discredit him with references to Christopher's alcohol addiction, for which he sought treatment through rehab; his having to drop out of college for under-performing; and having PTSD. The defense stated that Christopher's brother Scott also suffered with PTSD, from having been in the military (although Christopher had never been in military service).

Melody Farris is wearing what looks to be an incredible "rock" on her wedding ring finger. Just noting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout
Back