Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Child's mother files wrongful death suit
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Thu, Mar 13, 2008[/FONT]​
By EMILY STRANGER

The Brunswick News

The mother of a 6-year-old boy who was allegedly kidnapped and murdered last year has filed a wrongful death lawsuit in State Court in Glynn County against the owner of the trailer park where the child lived.

LaTrina Keith filed the suit Wednesday, just over a year after her son, Christopher Michael Barrios Jr., was allegedly kidnapped, molested and strangled in a trailer at Canal Road Mobile Home Park in north Glynn.

She is being represented by attorney William Pinson Jr., of the Savannah law firm Savage, Turner, Pinson & Karsman.

Christopher disappeared March 8, 2007. His body was found in a plastic trash bag on the side of a road just north of the trailer park following a weeklong search by police and volunteers March 15.

A family of three accused in his murder – David Edenfield, his wife, Peggy and the couple's 30-year-old son, George – also lived in the trailer park.

In the lawsuit, Keith claims that the trailer park owner, Sharon O'Quinn of Brunswick, knew that it was a dangerous place for children because she "knowingly" rented the trailer lots to convicted child molesters, including George Edenfield, who was convicted of child molestation June 5, 1997.

Christopher Barrios lived with his father, Michael Barrios, and his father's girlfriend, Paula Anderson, in a mobile home at 151 Horseshoe Lane in the mobile home park. His grandmother, Sue Rodriguez, also lived in a mobile home in the trailer park, at 120 Horseshoe Lane.

Rodriguez would baby-sit Christopher after school in the afternoons. He would walk across the trailer park from her mobile home to his father's trailer at nightfall.

The Edenfields lived in a mobile home at 121 Horseshoe Lane, between his father and grandmother's mobile homes.

Keith also claims in the suit that O'Quinn had received numerous complaints about George Edenfield from other residents in the trailer park and that she should have known that he posed a danger to Christopher, a kindergartner at C.B. Greer Elementary School.

The suit alleges that O'Quinn received rent money from convicted sex offenders but did nothing to ensure that the children living in Canal Road Trailer Park were out of harm's way.

O'Quinn could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

Keith is also suing a caseworker at the Georgia Department of Children and Family Services – identified only as Jane Doe in the suit – for acting in a "gross and negligent manner."

She alleges that the social worker failed to protect Christopher by placing him in the custody of his father, Christopher Barrios Sr., a convicted sex offender.

Christopher barrios Sr. was convicted of statutory rape on April 24, 1997.

Keith has requested a trial by jury and a judgment against O'Quinn and the caseworker for the "full value of the life of Christopher Barrios," as well as funeral costs.

No dollar amount is listed in the suit.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/16547837/detail.html
BRUNSWICK, Ga. -- A Glynn County judge has set a July 7 trial date for a Brunswick man charged with helping to hide the body of a slain 6-year-old boy last year.

Donald Dale will be the first person to stand trial in the death of young Christopher Barrios, whose body was found wrapped in trash bag and dumped by a road in March 2007. Police say Dale's friend George Edenfield and Edenfield's parents sexually assaulted and killed the boy.

Dale is not charged with murder

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_access/news/291890329969172.php
The first of four defendants in the death case of Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. now has a trial date.

The case of Donald Dale, accused of concealing the death of Barrios in March 2007, will go to trial in Glynn County Superior Court on July 7.

Dale is charged with one count of obstruction of justice, one count of making false statements and one count of concealing the death of another.

The C.B. Greer student was killed March 8, 2007, but his body wasn't found until a week later. It had been left inside a black garbage bag on the side of Canal Road about one mile from the child's residence on Horseshoe Lane.

The jury trial date was set by Glynn County Superior Court Judge Stephen Scarlett during a hearing Monday after scolding Dale's attorney, John Wetzler, and District Attorney Stephen Kelley for prolonging the court case.

Kelley said his office is still not ready.

"It is absolutely ridiculous that this has not gone to trial yet," Scarlett told the two attorneys in what was a packed courtroom. "The victims deserve their day in court and Mr. Dale deserves his day in court. You two gentleman are obstructing this

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_access/news/354638637114905.php
The man accused of helping to hide the body of 6-year-old Christopher Michael Barrios pleaded guilty to a lesser charge in Glynn County Superior Court Thursday and will soon be headed for a mental health institution.

Donald Dale pleaded guilty to lying to police during a hearing before Superior Court Judge Stephen Scarlett and was sentenced to five years at a state mental health institution.

Glynn County police had alleged that Dale helped hide the kindergartner's body after a family of three – David Edenfield, his wife, Peggy Edenfield, and their adult son, George Edenfield – allegedly kidnapped, molested and strangled Barrios March 8, 2007. Dale was a friend of the Edenfield family.

The state has three months to place Dale in a facility selected by the Georgia Department of Human Resources. In the meantime, he will remain incarcerated at the Glynn County Detention.

this story makes me absolutely sick. i am devastated by what poor little Christopher went through. No child -- or adult for that matter -- should ever be put through that. I can only imagine what poor Christopher was thinking and feeling when this was happening to him. Did he cry for his family? Did he scream and claw for safety? Did he think all humans were evil because of what these evil monsters were doing to him? It makes me sick to think that Christopher is deprived of a life because of these monsters who should not even be alive much less have been able to live near innocent people, children. :(

My prayers go out to poor little Christopher and his family. May he RIP in heaven with the angels and all the good people of the world and know that not everyone is evil. :(

This case made me re-evaluate my belief in innate goodness-as terrible as this is, I always believed his father should have been given a 15 minutes alone in a room with each of them.

Oh my, I just read a few of the past stories. :(

This is painful to read :(

"The indictment contains grim details about the case that police and prosecutors had not previously revealed. It says Christopher died from asphyxiation March 8 — the day he was reported missing — after the suspects choked him while "ignoring his complaints that they were hurting him." The indictment does not say which of three caused the boy's death."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,260421,00.html

This case made me re-evaluate my belief in innate goodness-as terrible as this is, I always believed his father should have been given a 15 minutes alone in a room with each of them.

In this world, which we experience in opposites, the three people who harmed this child are the exception that prove the rule of innate goodness, IMHO.

Our lawmakers seek the harshest penalty at their disposal because their behavior was so negatively abberant.

My prayers for everyone harmed by this desperately sad crime.

In this world, which we experience in opposites, the three people who harmed this child are the exception that prove the rule of innate goodness, IMHO.

Our lawmakers seek the harshest penalty at their disposal because their behavior was so negatively abberant.

My prayers for everyone harmed by this desperately sad crime.

This is my weakness, SCM-whenever I want to believe as you do and feel like I am making progress, the Christopher Barrios perps of this world give my soul a good shaking....and I see yet again how far I am from being less mired in their uglieness.

This is my weakness, SCM-whenever I want to believe as you do and feel like I am making progress, the Christopher Barrios perps of this world give my soul a good shaking....and I see yet again how far I am from being less mired in their uglieness.

It shakes my soul too, believe - and it should. The fact that it shakes the soul of just about every person who reads what happened speaks to the overwhelming miracle of love in the human heart. :blowkiss:

I too ache at this crime (which happened in my backyard). There is no weakness in being simultaneously outraged and traumatized at this type of brutality visited upon innocence. I'd be much more concerned if reading the story of Christopher Barrio engendered boredom or acceptance.

But while we strive to create a world where this doesn't ever happen again, let's not forget that MOST of us are on the right side of that desire.

From link:
Murdered Boy's Photo Used As Prop In Soap Opera

BRUNSWICK, Ga. -- A family still mourning a 6-year-old boy killed last year was shocked to see a picture of the child used in a recent soap opera on SOAPnet. The ABC television network has since apologized, calling the bizarre soap opera slip-up an indefensible error.

A photo of Christopher Barrios, a 6-year-old Georgia boy who was killed in 2007, was used as a prop in a scene of "General Hospital: Night Shift."

Wow... that is really strange. I wonder who got that photo and from where.

I have no idea where prop people get their props. I'm sure this was just a terrible mistake and they did not know of Christopher's death. Hopefully, they will take strides to close any loops in their procedure that would allow something like this to occur again.

George Edenfield the son is being examined by the courts to see if he is mentally competent to stand trial. Just like to point out that this fellow graduated from High School with good averages.

The case for David, the father, is awaiting the trial of his son George.

Someone suggested that Christopher's father should be given 15 minutes alone with each of them. I would include the mother of George Edenfield as well, since she did masturbate while her husband and son took turns with Christopher.

I do keep in touch with the ENTIRE Christopher's family. As soon as something new comes out, I will post it.

May God continue to Bless the ENTIRE family of Christopher Michael Barrios Jr.

If you like to light a candle for this Angel, you may do so at this links;

http://michaelbarrios.memory-of.com/

http://christopher-barrios.last-memories.com/

This being the Holiday Season, if you have a couple of minutes, please light a candle for this Little Angel. His links are in the preceding post.

Thank you all for your time.

donjulito - thank you for the updates. This story breaks my heart. I send prayers of love and peace to Christopher's family and all those that love him.

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch
Back