GA GA - Detrez Green, 2, missing after tornado, Ashburn, 22 Jan 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You are most welcome.:)

Yes, all mobile homes are wind zone rated depending on where the homes will be placed.

In the Albany area it would be rated as Wind-Zone One.
If the home was being placed on the east coast of Georgia or Florida or on the gulf it would be rated Wind Zone Two and mobile homes placed in California must meet Wind Zone Three standards.

The higher the wind zone rating the heavier the mobile home will be due to added wood and other material to make it more structurally sound depending on the area it will be placed.

I am glad you had to never test it either. However even with all of the homes completely lost which I think was a total of over 250 homes in the Albany area and over 440 of them being severely damaged the loss of life could have been much worse.

I wouldn't even rate the Green home as severely damaged although it will be totaled due to the frame being bent when it was pushed over to the front side of the home by the high winds yet didnt rip apart other than the ridge cap coming off of the roof line which opened the two sides up but even both sides of the mobile home are not that far apart from each other and the entire mobile home is still in the same place where it sat before the tornado hit.
I am a little surprised growing up in The Florida Panhandle and Hurricanes that the wind zone rate is lower than California.
My relatives in MS less than 2 years ago were hit by a Tornado. The damage was approximate to the home being shown as the home where it was said the two year old was when the Tornado hit. Thankfully no one was hurt nor went missing. It was devastating to the family home that day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest statement from the Dougherty County coroner:

“I also would like to take this opportunity to address several other rumors surrounding these events,” he told The Albany Herald. “There have been rumors about a baby being found inside a dryer as the parents perished in the storm. This is completely false. There was no baby found in a dryer. Additionally, there are no illegal immigrants being held in the morgue without identification. As of the present moment, all those that perished in the storm have been recovered and identified.”
“In regards to the 2-year-old child [our little Detrez], hundreds of man hours were put in to locate the child, and he is still missing,” Fowler said. “This, however, has been turned over to authorities for further investigation.”

http://www.albanyherald.com/news/lo...cle_04d45cca-f370-50a6-8f66-5541b211d215.html

Crickets is right. Where are you Detrez??

Its unbelievable that a child could be missing for up to a year and no one noticed.

Damn! We are again in a severe weather alert! Tornado warnings again and our alarm system is going off every 5 minutes with a new alert.

Please pray that our communities aren't hit again.:(

Its unbelievable that a child could be missing for up to a year and no one noticed.

Which makes me think someone does know he has been gone for months at least and has kept silent. Although if they moved to Albany from Ashburn they may have made up excuses why he wasnt with them when they were around those they know.

OT: The tornado warning expired but we are expected to have more severe weather throughout the rest of the night.

I doubt my hubby and I will get very much sleep. We already had to get in the hallway one time for over thirty minutes. I think everyone that lives in this area is totally stressed out and exhausted mentally from the bad weather we have had to endure in about a months time. Our nerves are raw and on edge knowing what extreme damage these kind of tornadoes have already done here.

I feel very sad for the people of New Orleans who suffered their on wedge type tornadoes today. I pray all 11 who were injured will fully recover.

Where are you baby DeTrez?:(

Goodnight everyone.

IMO

Which makes me think someone does know he has been gone for months at least and has kept silent. Although if they moved to Albany from Ashburn they may have made up excuses why he wasnt with them when they were around those they know.

OT: The tornado warning expired but we are expected to have more severe weather throughout the rest of the night.

I doubt my hubby and I will get very much sleep. We already had to get in the hallway one time for over thirty minutes. I think everyone that lives in this area is totally stressed out and exhausted mentally from the bad weather we have had to endure in about a months time. Our nerves are raw and on edge knowing what extreme damage these kind of tornadoes have already done here.

I feel very sad for the people of New Orleans who suffered their on wedge type tornadoes today. I pray all 11 who were injured will fully recover.

Where are you baby DeTrez?:(

Goodnight everyone.

IMO

Oceanblueeyes, here's wishing a safe night for you and your loved ones. I've been hit by a tornado just once but it was enough that I never want that experience again!

Damn! We are again in a severe weather alert! Tornado warnings again and our alarm system is going off every 5 minutes with a new alert.

Please pray that our communities aren't hit again.:(
(((Hugs)))

It was a very rough afternoon yesterday. The thunderstorms were herendous! No tornadoes in my area, but I am further north, just east of Atlanta.

We made it through this time without any tornadoes. Thank you everyone who wished me well.

But we are expected to get another round of strong storms worse than these were next week where tornadoes are likely along with possible hail and severe wind damage.:(

I wish one of the local reporters would interview someone from the GBI to get an update on little Detrez's case. Its maddening when no one has heard anything new about this innocent child and what happened to him.

It was a very rough afternoon yesterday. The thunderstorms were herendous! No tornadoes in my area, but I am further north, just east of Atlanta.
I am west of Atlanta. :)

Still nothing on this poor little baby? I strongly feel foul play is involved unfortunately :( Praying he is found very soon!

I fear he was gone long before the tornado :cry:
I wonder why they eventually reported him missing though - were they getting heat from someone who was fed up being fobbed off with excuses why they couldn't see the child?
or maybe they thought they could get sympathy and financial help for damage to their home and take care of the missing baby problem all at the same time?

Where is this baby? IF he was missing by some sort of foul play prior to the tornadoes, it would make a sort of sense to report him at that time. LE and first responders would be inundated with emergencies on top of a missing child report. The press would be focused on covering the storms. The community on cleanup and rebuilding.

LE searching the former residence tells us they think there is something very hinky. Maybe they are still quietly investigating. I sure hope so.

Makes me sad that there is not more of an outcry about Detrez.

I think ablutnlittle Detrez a lot, and agree .... where is the public outcry? Police requests for info? Anything?

Still nothing new about this little dude - no pictures of him [how can this be?]
Are the parents actively searching and publicising his disappearance because I can't see anything.
Did they find his toys and clothes, anything to indicate he was living there? Did he ever exist? [some kind of fraud].
LE must have a theory by now...

Katka, I just read through the whole thread and had exactly the same thought as you. Did this baby ever exist at all?

I don't know how difficult it would be in the US to fake the existence of a child, either to claim some sort of benefits or for other reasons. Did the parents invent this child at the time of the tornado in order to garner sympathy/donations/ attention/ accounts?

ANY kind of news??? This little guy was way back on page 11!!!

Here is the last post I see dated Feb 9th. In the comment section the reporter that posted this said he has asked for a sketch of the child, anything...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668
Back