CONVICTION OVERTURNED GA - Diane McIver, 63, Fatally Shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016 *husband arrested* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How the courtroom reacted to the Tex McIver guilty verdict

[video=youtube;py24nXLOD_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py24nXLOD_w[/video]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tex McIver's attorney spoke on his behalf following guilty verdict

[video=youtube;zQ3wDKze-WY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ3wDKze-WY[/video]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't sure the right verdict, in my opinion, a Guilty verdict would happen but it did! What a nice surprise, after thinking the jury would be hung. Imo, the prosecution did a great job.

I was on the fence for a while but I agree with the jury that in this particular situation I don't buy that the gun just went off...and that is what pushed me to the G verdict.

Tex better hope they have his Cheese It's through the commissary :thinking: ;)

:rose: Rest in Peace Diane McIver :rose:

YESorNO, once again thank you for all the updates! Your time and energy devoted on so many threads is invaluable.

...and those funnies included were so appreciated, especially when the thread was getting a little 'spicey' while waiting for a verdict. (I love that new description from the judge!)

Enjoy your gardening tomorrow!

Going to catch up tonight...

A bunch of people tweeting there wasn't enough evidence to convict. If that was the true the case simply would not have proceeded. What so many people fail to grasp is that circumstantial evidence is equally as strong as direct evidence. If murderers knew the cctv cameras were on them, they would pick another time and place to do it.

As Samuels was walking out a reporter tried to ask some questions...he was so not expected to be walking out with this verdict he really had nothing to say other than of course we appeal.

The Guilty Verdict in Tex McIver Murder Trial Makes Zero Logical Sense

"Well, the Tex McIver verdict is in. Many of the regulars here at Law&Crime were shocked.

Former prosecutor Dan Schorr called it a “shocking verdict.” Former prosecutor and current criminal defense attorney Bob Bianchi followed his initial “holy cow!” by calling it a “stunning defeat.” Former prosecutor and current criminal defense attorney Jonna Spilbor said, “holy *****, I am shocked.” Mark Eiglarsh said, “wow.”

It’s a strange, strange verdict. Here, legally, is why...."

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...mciver-murder-trial-makes-zero-logical-sense/
----------------------------

I don't want to hear your law mumbo-jumbo:...:hand:

cache.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DA: Jury 'spoke the truth' with guilty verdict in Tex McIver murder trial
"They were very, very confident in their verdict."

http://www.11alive.com/article/news...ac14&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

528126109_360x203.jpg

I'm getting off of this thread for tonight.. It's been a pleasure posting/discussing with y'all...:blowkiss:

What's the next Trial to follow? I have a couple coming up in May that I'll be following.

Good-night everyone.

:seeya:

The Guilty Verdict in Tex McIver Murder Trial Makes Zero Logical Sense

"Well, the Tex McIver verdict is in. Many of the regulars here at Law&Crime were shocked.

Former prosecutor Dan Schorr called it a “shocking verdict.” Former prosecutor and current criminal defense attorney Bob Bianchi followed his initial “holy cow!” by calling it a “stunning defeat.” Former prosecutor and current criminal defense attorney Jonna Spilbor said, “holy *****, I am shocked.” Mark Eiglarsh said, “wow.”

It’s a strange, strange verdict. Here, legally, is why...."

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...mciver-murder-trial-makes-zero-logical-sense/
----------------------------

I don't want to hear your law mumbo-jumbo:...:hand:

cache.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am glad to know I am in good company being shocked at this verdict....probably the most shocked guy in the room was Harvey...not sure he has been seen since.

Would love to hear what chance of appeal is on this case. It seems that the counts charged and count 2 felony murder are not even considered in a crime like this in most states. I still say Rucker got very very lucky on this one.

Had to come back to post this:

Kaitlyn Ross 11Alive@kaitlynross1
13m13 minutes ago
#BREAKING Here is #TexMcIver 's new booking photo. He was found guilty of felony murder, agg assault, possession of a weapon in the commission of a felony and witness influencing this afternoon.

DbgZWDeWsAEY24O.jpg

:seeya:

Going to be strange to not turn into the trial about 8am here to see if juror 61 is late. I sort of expect to hear from her but maybe not? I was getting pretty down thinking about him strutting out of the courtroom with his buckhead girls and Annie ...off to spend more of Diane's money or a hung jury. I actually don't think the state's case was that strong but am good with the result.

A bunch of people tweeting there wasn't enough evidence to convict. If that was the true the case simply would not have proceeded. What so many people fail to grasp is that circumstantial evidence is equally as strong as direct evidence. If murderers knew the cctv cameras were on them, they would pick another time and place to do it.

BBM

Yesss! So many times I feel the need to shout this from the rooftops. I see a lot of people via social media and even in my immediate personal circle who just don't understand this.

Jmo/Moo/Jmho/Imo/Etc.

With all the twists and turns in this case wouldn’t it be interesting if the second will surfaced? At this point it would be in Tex’ best interest for the assets/ranch to go to Austin instead of charity. Liquidate the ranch and the Schwalls could fund his commissary account so he can buy cheese nips.

I take no pleasure in saying this. I KNEW TM was guilty. I will take it a step further and say I believe he planned the murder. The gun didn’t just go off accidentally. TM instructed Dani Jo to drive to Emory instead of Grady - all Atlantans know this is the go to hospital for trauma. In his interview - when asked by detectives what area of Atlanta they were at when the gun “went off” - TM stated “near Grady”. He was aware of the proximity of first rate trauma center Grady Hospital. On the way to Emory Hospital he instructed Dani Jo to slow down in case there were parents out with baby buggies - at 10 PM. Ludicrous. Waited 42 days to pick up DM’s cremains. These are just a few points I make with regard to my feeling of his guilt.

Maybe the reason for the “shocking verdict” is the questions asked by the jurors. I am not shocked at all. I believe a reasonable person can put the puzzle pieces together and find TM GUILTY of felony murder.

My heart hurts for all of those who loved Diane McIver. I feel their loss tonight.

:eek:hwow: coming by this morning - here I thought the jurors would be deliberating this morning!!

GUILTY!!! YES!!

I didn't see anywhere "when" sentencing might be? Anyone see or hear a date?

TIA!

and YESorNO

:yourock:

They haven't given a date for sentencing yet Niner.

I thought there was a great deal of evidence that showed him to be guilty. My thought is that now he is guilty he is not allowed to use Dian's money to pay for his huge defence team. Any appeal will have to be with a court-appointed lawyer. Even friends are not going to work for him for free.

I thought there was a great deal of evidence that showed him to be guilty. My thought is that now he is guilty he is not allowed to use Dian's money to pay for his huge defence team. Any appeal will have to be with a court-appointed lawyer. Even friends are not going to work for him for free.

He had excellent representation in this trial and will not do better. Some of the judge's rulings were clearly favoring the state but at the end of the day...cause for appeal? I don't know much about appeal process but they have to show a valid reason that this judge made errors in order to appeal right? Some authority has to approve that?

on the sentencing some commentator said it was life..no parole but I now see it is life with possibility of parole after 30 years...thus for him life.

Still processing this...I think every commentator and many on here agreed this was "over charged" and yet they did it. Oh I would so love to hear from more jurors on how it went back there!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back