GUILTY GA - Diane McIver, 63, fatally shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Veronica Waters@MissVWaters
6m6 minutes ago
Dani Jo Carter says Diane distanced herself from her at some point when Carter fell into alcoholism around Sept 2005, right before marrying #TexMcIver, for 8-9 years They'd both known alcoholics and "our history was that they made everybody miserable and then they died" @wsbradio

Christian Boone@ReporterJCB
5m5 minutes ago
Dani Jo Carter said she had been to ranch 100s of times, this was first time she commuted w/ #TexMcIver and Diane

BBMS

I don't know how to feel about that. :thinking:

Watching Ms. Armstrong from last week...at the ER...after learning of his wife's death Tex says "Dani boy did good"...what in the world does this mean...anyone????

I thought this was part of his -I'm back in Vietnam act

I think Dani Jo Carter is a good witness. My goodness, they are working her hard.

I think she's great, but she's getting a lot of negative comments on youtube which I don't understand? She's telling the truth for Diane - and that's all she can do. Without her, I don't see how the prosecution would have much of a case. There's no question he tried to intimidate her and get her to lie, and she wasn't having of it. You have to admire her for that. It must have been an awful experience, to have a friend shot beside you in a car.

I honestly didn't know whether he was guilty or not when I first started following this trial - but the more I see, the more I think he is guilty. What are the odds of a gun going off by itself, but also that it just happened to be pointed at his wife's back in the car seat in front. It just doesn't make sense to me, and his behaviour afterwards is shady to say the least, in particular his eagerness to start cataloguing her possessions and focussing on her will. What about grieving for the wife you just killed in cold blood - accidental or not?

Again listening to the Er review I have to wonder about the alcohol influence...this guy has normal everything including pulse..bp etc. after an event like this? Something off.

I think she's great, but she's getting a lot of negative comments on youtube which I don't understand? She's telling the truth for Diane - and that's all she can do. Without her, I don't see how the prosecution would have much of a case. There's no question he tried to intimidate her and get her to lie, and she wasn't having of it. You have to admire her for that. It must have been an awful experience, to have a friend shot beside you in a car.

I honestly didn't know whether he was guilty or not when I first started following this trial - but the more I see, the more I think he is guilty. What are the odds of a gun going off by itself, but also that it just happened to be pointed at his wife's back in the car seat in front. It just doesn't make sense to me, and his behaviour afterwards is shady to say the least, in particular his eagerness to start cataloguing her possessions and focussing on her will. What about grieving for the wife you just killed in cold blood - accidental or not?

Not on facebook here and while I agree she is holding up well on the stand but it is so very obvious that so many here were hanging with a very successful woman and the nature of their "friendship" is odd with the numerous loans...constant spending weekends with this couple with them picking up the tab for everything on and on. That for me is not a friend. I think over the years she has seen alot with Tex and Diane and is not saying as much as she is saying. There is a subtle element of her protecting tex and I am sure she was as interested in that will as anyone. She also is not that smart...did not lawyer up until much after she should and was even going to go with Tex as he revised his will until finally a lawyer told her not to.

Bob Bianchi Talks Tex McIver Trial on Law & Crime Network 03/20/18

[video=youtube;qoRcSlulNK0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=26&v=qoRcSlulNK0[/video]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronn Blitzer Talks Tex McIver Trial on Law & Crime Network 03/20/18

[video=youtube;sm2CSTD_xyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=sm2CSTD_xyk[/video]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
2h2 hours ago
Day 7 in the #TexMcIver trial begins at 9am EDT

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
1h1 hour ago
#TexMcIver has entered the courtroom. Watch live: https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...ve-now-lawandcrime-network/law-crime-network/ …

DY0IvSZUMAAzdZX.jpg

Mike Petchenik@MPetchenikWSB
1h1 hour ago
State says @MarkWinneWSB and photographer were alone with #TexMcIver in his cell for interview and that no sheriff's employees could give testimony.

1h1 hour ago
Prosecutor wants to introduce evidence of an apparent conflict between #TexMcIver and Diane McIver that Dani Jo witnessed. She hasn't ever told investigators about it before, defense says.

1h1 hour ago
#TexMcIver - Dani Jo Carter returns to the stand. She will be under redirect.

DY0KMyTU0AE4-p2.jpg

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
1h1 hour ago
Prosecutors learned on Sunday that Dani Jo claims to have witnessed an altercation between #TexcIver and wife Diane. Judge is going to allow #TexMcIver

56m56 minutes ago
Dani Jo says #TexMcIver didn't appear to be in "shock" when they got to the hospital. "He seemed pretty calm."

1h1 hour ago
Prosecutor asks Dani Jo for a third time in this trial about #TexMcIver telling her to lie to police. Defense objects and wants to move forward. Judge agrees.

59m59 minutes ago
Dani Jo testifies that #TexMcIver told her, her husband and attorney "I can't go to jail."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

57m57 minutes ago
Dani Jo holds the gun again to show jurors how she says #TexMcIver was holding it.

DY0PjxeVoAELPy9.jpg

57m57 minutes ago
Dani Jo re-creates how #TexMcIver was holding the gun -- in his hand, aiming downward, not resting in his lap

57m57 minutes ago
#TexMcIver - Dani Jo shows the jury how she saw Tex holding the gun/bag...not in his lap.

DY0P1DgU0AAOA8J.jpg

DY0P1DqUMAAyeR4.jpg

53m53 minutes ago
"I couldn't imagine it being anything other than an accident" Dani Jo, on why she told police she was certain #TexMcIver shot Diane unintentionally

55m55 minutes ago
Dani Jo correcting her own record --they weren't discussing politics, as she told police, but the @ClermontLounge as they cross Ponce traveling N on Piedmont #TexMcIver

55m55 minutes ago
On redirect, Dani Jo Carter demonstrates how #TexMcIver's hands moved after he shot his wife, Diane, as he sat behind her in a Ford SUV that Carter was driving. The defense on cross tried to make it seem as if she said Tex was holding it in his non-dominant hand @wsbradio
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natalie Rubino@NatalieCBS46
55m55 minutes ago
Dani Jo testifies that #texmciver wanted to sell Diane's clothes two days after she died @cbs46

52m52 minutes ago
Dani Jo Carter says #TexMcIver began readying to sell Diane's belongings "1 or 2 days" after she died. As for why he hadn't picked up Diane's cremains after a month, he never said anything about "waiting for urns" the way the defense implied on cross. @wsbradio

51m51 minutes ago
Dani Jo says Diane got onto #TexMcIver at dinner about his eating. "It was annoying," she says.

51m51 minutes ago
Diane was the dominant person in the marriage, says Dani Jo #texmciver

50m50 minutes ago
Dani Jo Carter says no, she never saw #TexMcIver cry or act upset or "in shock" after Diane died. Why did she say she just "wanted to get out" of the SUV after Tex shot Diane? Because she knew Diane would be angry. She had seen Diane angry with Tex before. @wsbradio

49m49 minutes ago
Dani Jo Carter says Diane McIver would get "irritated" and express that with her, or Tex. What did Diane "get on" #TexMcIver about? "His eating," she says. @wsbradio

47m47 minutes ago
Dani Jo testifies she witnessed #TexMcIver push Diane out of a room during an argument over their God-Son burning his finger at the ranch.

47m47 minutes ago
Two years ago, Dani Jo said she witnessed an argument between #TexMcIver and Diane in which he pushed her out of a room

46m46 minutes ago
Dani Jo Carter says when Diane would berate #TexMcIver, she would excuse herself if possible. "It was annoying," she says. She recalls a time with the McIvers' godson, Austin, burned his finger at the ranch. Tex pushed Diane out of a room as they argued. @wsbradio

45m45 minutes ago
Dani Jo admits she never told investigators about the shoving incident at the ranch. #TexMcIver.

43m43 minutes ago
Dani Jo Carter only told the State about that shoving #TexMcIver did to Diane at the ranch within the past week. She says yes, Diane was very private about her finances and her relationship. She saw no fights with the McIvers that Sunday @wsbradio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

37m37 minutes ago
Dani Jo Carter didn't call 911 when #TexMcIver shot Diane in part because she didn't know where she was, she testified on cross. Did Tex indicate he knew where he was? His office was on Peachtree ~10th & 12th. Piedmont Hospital is on Peachtree; so is Emory Crawford Long @wsbradio

36m36 minutes ago
Dani Jo says she is no longer fond of #TexMcIver.

37m37 minutes ago
#TexMcIver navigated Dani Jo Carter to the hospital that night. Dani Jo wanted a cape of Diane's that had sentimental value. He told her she couldn't have it because either the "estate people" or her sister would get it. @wsbradio

33m33 minutes ago
#TexMcIver navigated Dani Jo Carter to the hospital that night. Dani Jo wanted a cape of Diane's that had sentimental value. He told her she couldn't have it because either the "estate people" had gotten it all and even her sister couldn't get anything she might want @wsbradio

35m35 minutes ago
Dani Jo said she was fond of #TexMcIver; asked if her feelings for him are the same now, she replied, "No"

35m35 minutes ago
State: You told us yesterday that you were fond of the defendant, #TexMcIver? "Yes." That was before the shooting? "Yes." Are your feelings for him still the same today? "No." Can you explain why? Defense objects. @wsbradio
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
35m35 minutes ago
#TexMcIver - Now: Bruce Harvey on recross of Dani Jo Carter. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...ve-now-lawandcrime-network/law-crime-network/ …

DY0YYfWX0AEijek.jpg

35m35 minutes ago
#TexMcIver was fond of "skinny cow" ice cream sandwiches and "cheese nips" and Diane would get onto him about eating.

31m31 minutes ago
Re-Cross: What are Skinny Cows? What are Cheese Nips? The times that Diane would "get onto" #TexMcIver were basically about food, the defense says she told police. 'What happened to the Skinny Cows? Well, darling, I don't know how they disappeared' would be an example @wsbradio

31m31 minutes ago
Shoving incident was "so insignificant" you didn't mention it until Sunday, defense atty Bruce Harvey to Dani Jo Carter #texmciver

29m29 minutes ago
Diane chided #TexMcIver? Yes. She chided you? Yes. It was extremely irritating to you? Yes. But Tex took it in stride? I don't know. @wsbradio

DY0aJD1W0AAw-u1.jpg

18m18 minutes ago
Dani Jo Carter previously said #TexMcIver had gun in left hand? That was B4 she could hold gun & demonstrate, she says. Told someone asking questions way back when that when Tex said in ER "You know I can't go to jail," she called it "the whole claustrophobic thing?"Yes @wsbradio
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
18m18 minutes ago
#TexMcIver - The jurors have some questions. The court has taken a break while the judge and attorneys go over them.

Marc Watkins ⚖@MarcWatkinsEsq
17m17 minutes ago
Tex and his defense team huddle during a brief court recess.
#TexMcIver #TexMcIverTrial

DY0dpejU0AEPBv-.jpg

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
8m8 minutes ago
#TexMcIver and attorneys look over the jury questions. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...ve-now-lawandcrime-network/law-crime-network/ …

8m8 minutes ago
#TexMcIver and attorneys look over the jury questions.

Veronica Waters4m4 minutes ago
During the morning break, the lawyers look over the questions the #TexMcIver jury's been writing down for Dani Jo Carter over the last 2.5 days. Now that we're bringing jurors back in, Judge McBurney says defense attorney Bruce Harvey makes clear he objects to them all @wsbradio

DY0glNhV4AAqpcI.jpg

DY0gm1kU0AA6Sxr.jpg

DY0goUaVoAAUfZR.jpg

6m6 minutes ago
#TexMcIver defense objects to every question the jurors want to ask Dani Jo Carter.

5m5 minutes ago
Bruce Harvey objects to all of the juror's questions. for Dani Jo Carter. There are many #TexMcIver

3m3 minutes ago
#TexMcIVer - The defense objects to all of the jury questions. The judge is allowing some of them.

Marc Watkins @MarcWatkinsEsq
7m7 minutes ago
The judge is asking the witness questions from the jurors.
#TexMcIverTrial #TexMcIver

5m5 minutes ago
Dani Jo testifies she never heard #TexMcIver tell Diane the shooting was an "accident."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2m2 minutes ago
Some jury Q&A for Dani Jo Carter: Yes, she drove the Ford earlier that Sunday; no, had no reason to open console. Sound you heard before the "boom?" "Click click click I believe that Diane playing with door locks." Hear #TexMcIver ever tell Diane it was an accident? No @wsbradio

DY0ja4jV4AEFtIL.jpg

3m3 minutes ago
Dani Jo testifies to jury question that she never saw #TexMcIver break down and cry in any situation.

6m6 minutes ago
Jury Q&A for Dani Jo Carter: Did you ask for chaplain at hospital? Yes, wanted to pray. When'd you 1st hear of #TexMcIver's sleep disorder? Couple years ago. Aware whether Diane ever loaned him money? No. Ever seen him cry? No. State: Who paid you for ranch work? Diane @wsbradio

DY0lT2wU8AAcl4P.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1h1 hour ago
More
After more than 2 days of testimony, Dani Jo Carter is finally excused. Her husband, Tom Carter, takes the stand #TexMcIver

1h1 hour ago
#TexMcIver - Count #7 - Witness Tampering - involves Tom Carter. Prosecutors allege McIver left a voicemail with Tom asking him to tell Dani Jo to stop talking to police then asked Tom to delete that voicemail.

DY0lI8fUQAAfUMK.jpg

3m3 minutes ago
Tom Carter says #TexMcIver once told him: "I'm rich as sh&*."

3m3 minutes ago
State calls Tom Carter, Dani Jo Carter's husband. Calls his relationship with #TexMcIver friendly; he's known him since 2000. Yes, he would recognize his voice. The 4 of them socialized, riding horses, shooting guns. Doesn't know specifically how Tex felt about ranch @wsbradio

4m4 minutes ago
Tom Carter testifies #TexMcIver bragged about his wealth, saying, "I'm rich as ****." When Diane berated Tex, it was about his weight. She'd fuss about Tex snacking on Cheez-Its, whatever. Saw it "every Saturday night" for "years." Diane was dominant in the relationship @wsbradio

1m1 minute ago
Carter says #TexMcIver called him and said: "There's been an accident. Diane is dead. I need you to come to the hospital immediately."

1m1 minute ago
#TexMcIver - Photo of Tom Carter at the time of the shooting

DY0pbCmU0AAB2V0.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2m2 minutes ago
Not sure how this tweet got sent w/o words. #TexMcIver jury asked Dani Jo Carter if Tex ever said to Diane during the drive to the hospital that the shooting was an accident. No, she says. @wsbradio

1m1 minute ago
Tom Carter testifies #TexMcIver told him of the gun: "The damn thing just went off."

1m1 minute ago
Carter says #TexMcIver never told him anything about hitting a bump to cause the gun to go off.

1m1 minute ago
Tom Carter testifies #TexMcIver told him the night Diane died that they'd exited the highway in bad part of town, that he'd asked for his gun, fallen asleep, and "the damn thing just went off." Never mentioned a bump, homeless people, protests, or anyone approaching car @wsbradio

1m1 minute ago
At the hospital, #TexMcIver's demeanor was "very calm" for the hour or so they waited, says Tom Carter. Never seemed anxious. Didn't know where his wife Dani Jo was; eventually learned she was downtown w/Atlanta Police. Went to pick her up. Left Steve & Tex at hospital @wsbradio

2m2 minutes ago
#TexMcIver - Tom Carter testifies Tex said to Dani Jo, "We need to sit down and talk about our story".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1m1 minute ago
Jurors about to hear voicemail #TexMcIver left for Tom Carter when Dani Jo didn't show up for meeting with lawyer.

1m1 minute ago
About to hear voicemail #TexMcIver left Dani Jo's husband on Oct. 5, 2016, less than 2 weeks after wife Diane's death

21m21 minutes ago
#TexMcIver - Lunch break until 1:05. After lunch the voicemail Tex left for Tom Carter will be played.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tex McIver's Defense Says He Was Asleep When He Shot His Wife
Defense attorney Bruce Harvey began a cross-examination on Tuesday of Dani Jo Carter—the sole witness to the shooting.

"A veteran criminal defense lawyer defending Claud “Tex” McIver in the 75-year-old lawyer’s murder trial sought to replace the prosecutors’ narrative that McIver is a killer who tried to cover up his crime with a different story.

Defense attorney Bruce Harvey on Tuesday began a gentle cross-examination of Dani Jo Carter—the sole witness to the shooting and longtime friend of Diane McIver. Harvey portrayed Tex McIver as a courtly gentleman who truly loved the wife he claims he accidentally shot and killed after falling asleep while holding a gun. Prosecutors claim he had a financial motive...."

https://www.law.com/dailyreportonli...nse-says-he-was-asleep-when-he-shot-his-wife/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tex McIver Trial Day 7 Part 1

[video=youtube;BQRao3bixrU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQRao3bixrU[/video]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've lived in Atlanta for almost 20 years now - Midtown at one time and now the northern Suburbs. Everyone, and I mean everyone knows that Grady is where you go for trauma, not Emory. Emory is know for cancer research, Grady for trauma. To be racing through Morningside telling the driver to slow down was very surprising to me. And to never call 911 to let the hospital know that a gunshot victim was on the way is not understandable.

I recently went to a safety talk for Girl Scout camping (for my kids) and the first thing they tell you is that if anyone in your party is bit by a snake, the first thing you do is get them to GRADY, it's the only hospital in the ATL area with the anti-venom.

I've been watching the trial in bits and pieces but when I realized that even Dani Jo was borrowing money from her friend, Diane, it's just so sad. I think it's a tale of greed and murder......

Yikes. Well I'm glad to know that fact. I had a copperhead strike at me a couple of summers ago. I had no idea none of the nearby hospitals would even have antivenom. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay