GA GA - Elaine Nix, 18, Gainesville, 20 Sept 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LR1, I understood what you meant. It seems like one of the articles is written in a little bit of a confusing manner, but then again.. I don't know what time she was reported missing. I wonder what time it actually was?

One of the more precise articles says she was on the phone with her boyfriend from 11:10 p.m. to 12:10 a.m. Since the store closes at midnight, I can see why someone probably noticed her around then.

I have been to Gainesville, Georgia. One thing I noticed is that stores tend to stay open late. I'm not even sure why this would be... I thought this store was on a highway; not really isolated. I will have to ask someone I know who knows Gainesville better than I do what the store is like and the area is like.

Good point about the black truck on the video. If it is a person who regularly drives that road, I believe someone would recognize the truck. Or at least have been able to say when they generally saw it driving around.

Thank you also for the explanation of why the police officer might have checked her car as a matter of routine. I guess he would know when the store closed and especially take note of a car parked outside of it.

I do know that around the time Elaine went missing at least one neighborhood in Gainesville went from a fairly safe family area to being pretty dangerous. I will try to find out specifically what neighborhood it was.
I was born and raised in gainesville, ga & the area she was in is not somewhere i would be late at night alone. There is a company that builds car hauling trailers ( Conttrell) near the gas station she was at and there’s tons of other similar companies down that same road. My husband use to work at conttrell & his shift was from 5pm- 12:30am if that shift change was the same time back then, it could be possible someone working at a surrounding company saw her there alone as they were leaving work.

Aug 14, 2024
The Times presents "Taken Too Soon," a gripping new podcast series delving into the unsolved cold cases of Hall County. Our debut season shines a spotlight on the tragic and mysterious case of Elaine Nix, an 18-year-old whose life was cut short almost 25 years ago.Coming Aug. 23, find "Taken Too Soon" wherever you listen to podcasts and help us shine a light on the cold cases that still haunt Hall County. Sign up below to receive an email when the first episode releases.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbandit22
Back