GA - Ex-POTUS Donald Trump and others indicted, 13 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, Aug 2023 *4 guilty* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is anyone else annoyed by the way Willis answers the attorney’s questions? I can’t put my finger on it, but her attitude is very off-putting IMO. I was prepared to root for her even though I think she and Wade were stupid and irresponsible. I have a feeling that if she were the one questioning a witness, she wouldn’t put up with the snark and sarcasm and obfuscation she is displaying.

Thoughts?

ETA: I didn’t watch Wade’s testimony so I don’t know what he was like.

I just saw some snippets of her testimony on MSNBC- I am pretty shocked with her attitude- and it seems the judge let her get away with some of it--- I stick by my comment above that she should disqualify herself from the Trump case- she is putting that case at risk for her own ego, regardless of the outcome of the situation she is involved in. There are other prosecutors in her office that are capable of prosecuting the Trump case. Frankly, this is just an awful distraction from the Trump case---

I just saw some snippets of her testimony on MSNBC- I am pretty shocked with her attitude- and it seems the judge let her get away with some of it--- I stick by my comment above that she should disqualify herself from the Trump case- she is putting that case at risk for her own ego, regardless of the outcome of the situation she is involved in. There are other prosecutors in her office that are capable of prosecuting the Trump case. Frankly, this is just an awful distraction from the Trump case---

My husband just told me that a panel of attorneys on CNN said it’s not just a matter of substituting other prosecutors. Her whole team would have to be scrapped and an outside agency would have to come in and determine if they could put together another team or dismiss the case. No link yet, so this is just verbal opinions. But if it’s accurate, Willis recusing herself isn’t a simple solution.

My husband just told me that a panel of attorneys on CNN said it’s not just a matter of substituting other prosecutors. Her whole team would have to be scrapped and an outside agency would have to come in and determine if they could put together another team or dismiss the case. No link yet, so this is just verbal opinions. But if it’s acc

urate, Willis recusing herself isn’t a simple solution.
Thanks for that opinion. If true, that is definitely complicating issue-- what a terrible shame that this happened in this most serious case against Trump- somehow he manages to cause chaos in all of his court cases that serve to, at the very least delay a case, and at the very most, could get a case dismissed. Sigh

I've been against this case from the get-go because I believe Willis filed it to put her own political ambitions on the national radar.

Plus, it is very expensive for taxpayers who have already had to pay her lover over $600,000.
The case I'm most interested in is Smith's Jan. 6th case. He is a much better prosecutor.

JMO

I think having to deal with anything about Trump would have most attorneys and judges becoming a bit frazzled.

I agree. But this case hearing about Willis and Wade should never have been necessary to begin with. My feeling is that if you are the DA with this important case about election interference, you don’t allow yourself a “personal life” that could in any way be used by anyone to derail the case. You’re dealing with Trump, after all. He’s going to find a way to discredit you. Even if the judge finds in her favor, it’s still going to be used as a distraction.

And when you are in court as a witness fighting for your position on the case, you bend over backwards to behave respectfully, as you yourself would expect of a witness. She continually gave the impression (to me) of trying to weasel out of answering simple questions or put the attorneys on the defensive. I can understand why she is angry, but it’s not the time or the place.

I hope the judge doesn’t remove her or Wade, as it will delay or perhaps even end the case. But this whole thing has not been a good look for either one of them and they should have been smart enough to know better IMO.

I've been against this case from the get-go because I believe Willis filed it to put her own political ambitions on the national radar.

Plus, it is very expensive for taxpayers who have already had to pay her lover over $600,000.
The case I'm most interested in is Smith's Jan. 6th case. He is a much better prosecutor.

JMO

Although I’ve disagreed with your opinion of Willis and the case, as I think it’s a very important one, I am not at all happy about how this has played out. I agree that Smith’s Jan. 6 case will be even more important.

Although I’ve disagreed with your opinion of Willis and the case, as I think it’s a very important one, I am not at all happy about how this has played out. I agree that Smith’s Jan. 6 case will be even more important.
This case was appealing because it is the only one where Trump could not pardon himself. -This case is turning into a train wreck

Friday, February 16th:
*Evidentiary Hearing (Day 2 of 2) (Trump, Roman & Cheeley) (@ 9:30am ET) - GA – State of Georgia vs. Donald John Trump (77) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count (1) of violation of the Georgia RICO (Racketeer Influenced & corrupt organizations) Act (there are 161 acts listed), 4 counts (5, 9, 28, 38) of solicitation of violation of oath by public officer, 2 counts (13 & 19) conspiracy to commit false statements & writings, 1 count (15) conspiracy to commit filing false documents, 2 counts (11 & 17) conspiracy to commit forgery in the 1st degree, 1 count (27) filing false documents & 2 counts (29 & 39) of false statements & writings. (total 13 counts). Bond $200K. Foster Bail Bonds LLC says Trump has put down 10% of the total bond, as required. Surrendered 8/24/23. Plead not guilty (8/31/23) & waives his arraignment. Represented by Steven H. Sadow, lead attorney & Jennifer L. Little.
vs. Michael A. Roman (51) (lawyer) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 1 count of conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer (9), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit forgery in the 1st degree (11 & 17), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit false statements & writings (13 & 19) & 1 count of filing false documents (15). (total 7 counts). Bond $50K. Surrendered 8/25/23. Plead not guilty (9/2/23) & waived arraignment. Represented by Ashleigh Bartkus Merchant.
vs. Robert David Cheeley (Trump campaign lawyer) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 1 count of conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer (9), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit forgery in the 1st degree (11 & 17), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit false statements & writings (13 & 19), 1 count of conspiracy to commit filing false documents (15), 1 count of solicitation of violation of oath by public officer (23), 1 count false statements & writings (26) & 1 count of perjury (41). (total 10 counts). Bond $50K. Surrendered 8/25/23. Plead not guilty (9/2/23) & waived arraignment. Represented by Richard A., Rice, Jr., Christopher Scott Anulewicz, Wayne R. Beckermann & Jonathan R. Deluca.
Proposed trial date on 8/5/24.
Judge Scott McAfee presiding. DA Fani Willis. See above for defense attorney for each defendant.

Case (with unindicted co-conspirators) & court info from 2/10/21 thru 1/26/24 (Clark) reference post #29 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...of-rico-act-aug-2023-4-guilty-4.701639/page-2

2/2/24 Update: State's opposition to defendants Roman, Trump & Cheeley's Motions to Dismiss & to disqualify the DA. Evidentiary hearing on 2/15/24.
2/15/24 Update: Roman, Trump & Cheeley: AG Fani Willis & Nathan Wade took the stand. Evidentiary hearing continues on 2/16/24. For All: pretrial hearing on 2/20/24.

The problem I think many local voters have with Atlanta--and specifically Fulton County--is the large number of political corruption scandals over the last several years. I don't live there but I do understand why so many are concerned.

JMO

I had not been paying much attention to this case and had not heard Fani Willis speak before yesterday, when I listened to her testimony for about an hour.

I was surprised and entertained to find that she has the same exhaustive, circular argumentative communication style as President Trump.

The entire thing was like a Bad Girls Club episode.

I had not been paying much attention to this case and had not heard Fani Willis speak before yesterday, when I listened to her testimony for about an hour.

I was surprised and entertained to find that she has the same exhaustive, circular argumentative communication style as President Trump.

The entire thing was like a Bad Girls Club episode.
I would not compare anyone to Donald Trump- he is in a class by himself

While it is disappointing that Willis would put herself and the case in this position and she should have known Trump would use ANYTHING to help himself, I don’t think it rises to the level of disqualifying her. I don’t see how there is a conflict of interest here. I don’t think her dating the prosecutor that she assigned for a while affects this case whatsoever. There was a concern that they had lied on an affidavit about the timing of their dating, and that would be a crime, but it appears they did not lie. No one seems to have gotten kick backs or benefitted financially here. They tried to make the case that she hired him in order to benefit financially (laughable IMO) but turns out he wasn’t even her first choice. This whole sideshow was just a distraction and really gross. She should have anticipated it, yes, but it really is a delay tactic again—same ol same ol, and I hope it’s resolved quickly so the real case can move forward. Also I actually appreciated her demeanor, and it’s not hard for me to feel her frustration and anger. If my dad had to testify about my sex life and Trump’s lawyers were grilling me about having cash and how I must have only hired this man so I could go on free vacations????? (That was a lie anyway) if I was a very successful, experienced DA? Ugh. So disgraceful this is where we’re at. But not surprising because look who we’re dealing with.

JMO
So just curious, do you think this case just shouldn’t have been brought? These are very serious crimes and several defendants have admitted to them and plead guilty already.

I want to add: any attempt to hold Trump accountable is always high profile and very costly. Because there is absolutely no limit to the fighting back he will do. He has no shame and no morals, and that is how he’s gotten away with criming for decades. All those small businesses he stiffed on jobs—it was too costly for them to take him to court and stick with the delays and other slimy tactics he used to drag things out indefinitely. Most of them went out of business. Do we just say that now too? This DA will get too much attention and it will cost too much money to actually hold him accountable? There’s got to be a point where NOTHING is more important than creating a precedent for future Presidents . I can’t do this and neither can a President. If we don’t do that now, I really fear for our country.

Last edited:
So just curious, do you think this case just shouldn’t have been brought? These are very serious crimes and several defendants have admitted to them and plead guilty already.

I want to add: any attempt to hold Trump accountable is always high profile and very costly. Because there is absolutely no limit to the fighting back he will do. He has no shame and no morals, and that is how he’s gotten away with criming for decades. All those small businesses he stiffed on jobs—it was too costly for them to take him to court and stick with the delays and other slimy tactics he used to drag things out indefinitely. Most of them went out of business. Do we just say that now too? This DA will get too much attention and it will cost too much money to actually hold him accountable? There’s got to be a point where NOTHING is more important than creating a precedent for future Presidents . I can’t do this and neither can a President. If we don’t do that now, I really fear for our country.
I totally agree with you--because Trump is who and what he is, I believe Ms. Willis should have recused herself when a hint of any kind of distracting scandal started. She should realize this case is bigger than her--- It seems to me her ego is getting in the way of her doing what is best for this case. That is a shame--

It should never have been brought because all it has done is fuel Willis' ego and Trump's ego at the expense of Fulton County taxpayers. The fact that Willis' lover--who has never prosecuted a criminal case--has been paid over $600,000 by the taxpayers is incredibly disgusting. None of the three should hold public office ever again.

JMO

I totally agree with you--because Trump is who and what he is, I believe Ms. Willis should have recused herself when a hint of any kind of distracting scandal started. She should realize this case is bigger than her--- It seems to me her ego is getting in the way of her doing what is best for this case. That is a shame--
I wish she had been able to hold off on any romantic feelings until this is all done, but by the time the defense brought this up it was already too late to recuse herself—it could be years before this case goes to trial if her office is taken off the case.

It should never have been brought because all it has done is fuel Willis' ego and Trump's ego at the expense of Fulton County taxpayers. The fact that Willis' lover--who has never prosecuted a criminal case--has been paid over $600,000 by the taxpayers is incredibly disgusting. None of the three should hold public office ever again.

JMO

I try to remember what this case is about, rather than focusing on the side distractions.
And I hope that, one day, the Fulton County taxpayers will be thanked for their part in exposing and prosecuting serious election interference.

trump: All I want to do is this: I just want to find 11,780 votes .... Look, we need only 11,000 votes ... Look, Brad, I got to get, I have to find 12,000 votes ....

Ryan Germany: The numbers that we are showing are accurate.

trump: Why don’t you want to find this, Ryan? What’s wrong with you? ..... all we have to do Cleta is find 11,000 plus votes ....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back