GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly!! Anyone without hate in their hearts that had been watching live that night would have seen the truth in real time. I no longer trust our elections,FBI,or the DOJ.
BBM. I no longer trust the leadership of the FBI or DOJ. I didn't realize Garland appointed Jack Smith just one week after Trump announced his candidacy in Nov. 2022. If they thought Trump engaged in illegal activity, why did they wait nearly two years to launch an investigation?

JMO

BBM. I no longer trust the leadership of the FBI or DOJ. I didn't realize Garland appointed Jack Smith just one week after Trump announced his candidacy in Nov. 2022. If they thought Trump engaged in illegal activity, why did they wait nearly two years to launch an investigation?

JMO
The investigations were already being conducted by the DOJ. Once Trump announced he was running for President, Garland thought it would be more appropriate for an independent special counsel to take over the investigations.

Well then, looks like their well-designed plan is working. Sadly.

The facts don't seem to matter to people who continue to believe the Big Lie!! 60 judges- yes 60, many appointed by Trump did not find evidence to support fraudulent voting and threw those cases out of their respective courts! Sadly, it doesn't matter to millions of Trump's followers, facts simply get tossed aside in favor of believing Trump's lies. I will never ever truly understand how we have arrived at this point in our history. It saddens and angers me all at the same time. And it frightens me.

If they thought Trump engaged in illegal activity, why did they wait nearly two years to launch an investigation?

JMO

They didn't wait two years.

Cillizza: Let’s start simple: When did the federal investigation around January 6 start, and what do we know about it?

Polantz
: Simple answer for a simple question: It started the afternoon of January 6, 2021 ........

...... At the one-year mark, Attorney General Merrick Garland made clear the DOJ would press on with its investigation, looking at money, communications, following wherever the evidence would lead. That’s around the time when we started to learn about people not on the grounds of the Capitol but in political circles becoming part of this investigation – a clear expansion of the grand jury activity looking at rally organization and the Trump fake electors in battleground states.

Everything you need to know about the federal investigation into January 6

LOL. “Because it is so obviously political”? News networks assign multiple reporters to cover many events that are not political. ABC News assigning multiple reporters to cover the processing of these 19 defendants is in no way saying they are doing so “because it is so obviously political.” There is no evidence that Fani Willis is pursuing political, rather than legal and evidence-based indictments…and that discussion is OT in any case. Or perhaps you were paraphrasing Trump from your link…
“The former president says his actions were not illegal and that the investigation is politically motivated.”

JMO
If these indictments aren't so obviously political, the news media wouldn't have to go to court asking for sealed documents be released. When Merrick Garland was a judge, he supported transparency. Now, he opposes it. What is he hiding?

JMO

A coalition of media organizations, including CNN, is asking the federal court in Washington, DC, to give more transparency into the legal fight over a search warrant special counsel Jack Smith obtained for materials from former President Donald Trump’s Twitter account.

The news outlets are asking for the court to unseal the materials that prosecutors filed when applying in January for the warrant, which was sought as part of Smith’s 2020 election subversion investigation....

...With the new request that additional court records related to the warrant be unsealed, the media organizations noted that Trump has since been indicted in Smith’s probe, and that the existence of the warrant has already been made known by the court documents released by the appeals court.

“The First Amendment and common law rights of access to court records are ‘a fundamental element of the rule of law, important to maintaining the integrity and legitimacy of an independent Judicial Branch,’” the media outlets wrote in their new filing, while quoting from a DC Circuit opinion written by then-Circuit Judge Merrick Garland.

“Nowhere is the maintenance of integrity and legitimacy more important than in a case like this one, involving the historic and closely-watched investigation of a former President.”

The Justice Department opposes the unsealing request, the media organizations said in the new court filings.

Worth repeating from last month.

In the meeting with senior US officials and White House staff, Trump touted his administration’s work to expand the use of paper ballots and support security audits of vote tallies. Trump was so encouraged by federal efforts to protect election systems that he suggested the FBI and Department of Homeland Security hold a press conference to take credit for the work, four people familiar with the meeting told CNN.

If these indictments aren't so obviously political, the news media wouldn't have to go to court asking for sealed documents be released. When Merrick Garland was a judge, he supported transparency. Now, he opposes it. What is he hiding?

JMO

A coalition of media organizations, including CNN, is asking the federal court in Washington, DC, to give more transparency into the legal fight over a search warrant special counsel Jack Smith obtained for materials from former President Donald Trump’s Twitter account.

The news outlets are asking for the court to unseal the materials that prosecutors filed when applying in January for the warrant, which was sought as part of Smith’s 2020 election subversion investigation....

...With the new request that additional court records related to the warrant be unsealed, the media organizations noted that Trump has since been indicted in Smith’s probe, and that the existence of the warrant has already been made known by the court documents released by the appeals court.

“The First Amendment and common law rights of access to court records are ‘a fundamental element of the rule of law, important to maintaining the integrity and legitimacy of an independent Judicial Branch,’” the media outlets wrote in their new filing, while quoting from a DC Circuit opinion written by then-Circuit Judge Merrick Garland.

“Nowhere is the maintenance of integrity and legitimacy more important than in a case like this one, involving the historic and closely-watched investigation of a former President.”

The Justice Department opposes the unsealing request, the media organizations said in the new court filings.

Now, don’t pull a switcheroo. :) I was replying to your comment about the GEORGIA indictments. You said: “ABC News has multiple reporters covering it because it is so obviously political.” I simply challenged your assertion that multiple reporters indicated that the Georgia indictments are political. My reply had nothing to do with Jack Smith’s investigation. In the past I recall that you indicated that you did not believe Smith was political in contrast to Willis, but I guess now that’s changed. However, Smith’s investigation is OT for this thread, so we won’t continue discussing the news media’s request here. It belongs on the Smith thread.

JMO

AUG 22, 2023
Trump Fulton County charges: Major developments Tuesday in the election subversion case | CNN Politics
[...]

Rudy Giuliani is set to meet with the district attorney’s office Wednesday to discuss a bond agreement, according to multiple sources.

He is expected to travel to Georgia with former New York police commissioner Bernie Kerik who has been working with the former mayor to help him find a Georgia lawyer to represent him in this case, according to one of those sources.

Giuliani is expected to have a lawyer with a Georgia license to represent him during the bond negotiations, according to a second source. It is unclear if that attorney would represent him throughout the case.

Who wants to bet on his weight at book g, whether he will smile for the mugshot (no way!) or what foe he will wear? Lots of opportunity!!
Gamblers bet on Trump's tie, mugshot, stats as Thursday surrender nears

ack autocorrect!! what tie he will wear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads