Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Family at the Courtesy Inn with LE doing a candle light vigil at this time.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Lisa, pictures of the clothes?
No, 2 spots near each other. I kinda got a little weirded out and a truck was coming. One, I think had a pair of jeans and a blue and red shirt. The others I didn't look at close enough. I did get a picture of how far the crossing was from the interstate, since the courtesy inn is very close to the interstate. The opposite side the clothes were on.

Sent from my SM-G930V

ETA pics from inside my car. The white overpass is the interstate if you can see it.

6554078d7988cef5da6641dbff7ce16f.jpg

6fdf485512dca15db8fdb4e71b6641b0.jpg

bd2a21460b52a294e94a7775798e17ed.jpg

f15201ac76bfbd6d88e8bae5412eece6.jpg

I will try to crop it and see if it shows better.

Off Topic...maybe...
I cropped the tag #'s out of this photo. It does show that this area seems to need roof work. I'm not sure if you can see it in this pic but a lot of the room windows or glass sliding doors have black butterflies on them? Not all rooms do and not sure why??
It was very quiet when I was there one couple peeked out, one guy went to the blue dumpster.
I also took photos photos of the r.r. tracks just because but see no need to post. I saw the clothes and left. Road had regular traffic.

551b412ec0555e82a0171c3207ba587f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V

I'm sure someone following knows the significance of the black butterflies on the windows. But my hunch (pure speculation from researching online) is that in this case it has something to do with prostitutes or worse yet, sex trafficking. It may also refer to death, mourning, rebirth (transformation) or even the drug Ecstasy. The fact that some rooms have them and others do not leads me to think it is of a sexual connotation. There are a few online groups to benefit victims that include Black Butterfly in their name. One is https://sites.google.com/site/blackbutterflycreation/what-is-sex-trafficking. Hopefully, it's not trafficking here, but Heather's appearance (young, attractive, no tattoos or piercings) doesn't fit what I would expect to see behind those doors. I did also read that a girl can be broken in only 10 days, frightening BTW, butterfly tattoos can also be linked to prostitution (though I know of several girls that have them that are clearly NOT into prostitution).

I'm sure someone following knows the significance of the black butterflies on the windows. But my hunch (pure speculation from researching online) is that in this case it has something to do with prostitutes or worse yet, sex trafficking. It may also refer to death, mourning, rebirth (transformation) or even the drug Ecstasy. The fact that some rooms have them and others do not leads me to think it is of a sexual connotation. There are a few online groups to benefit victims that include Black Butterfly in their name. One is https://sites.google.com/site/blackbutterflycreation/what-is-sex-trafficking. Hopefully, it's not trafficking here, but Heather's appearance (young, attractive, no tattoos or piercings) doesn't fit what I would expect to see behind those doors. I did also read that a girl can be broken in only 10 days, frightening BTW, butterfly tattoos can also be linked to prostitution (though I know of several girls that have them that are clearly NOT into prostitution).
I always heard it was "daddy" issues.
I don't agree, but that is tattoos.
I wonder if the black butterfly is like the lot lizard stickers truckers use.

Thanks Lisa for these great pictures giving us a real visual of this place!

I believe it is quite obvious to all of us that this place is a dump! From the looks of it, there is nothing legitimate going on here at any time. In fact, it is probably the lowest of lowlife that would venture to do any business here. Nothing that transpires here is safe!

After seeing this place, it makes me question even more if Heather's jeep was "planted" here? She had to be running with a really rough group to have stopped here to buy drugs. I can't buy this scenario. I don't believe LE buys it either!

My opinions only.

Thanks Lisa for these great pictures giving us a real visual of this place!

I believe it is quite obvious to all of us that this place is a dump! From the looks of it, there is nothing legitimate going on here at any time. In fact, it is probably the lowest of lowlife that would venture to do any business here. Nothing that transpires here is safe!

After seeing this place, it makes me question even more if Heather's jeep was "planted" here? She had to be running with a really rough group to have stopped here to buy drugs. I can't buy this scenario. I don't believe LE buys it either!

My opinions only.
"The air reeks of stale smoke and body odor and the soiled carpet seems to be a thoroughfare for roaches."

http://www.daily-tribune.com/newsx/item/6342-searching-for-clues

Whoever is responsible for her disappearance wants people to believe she was "hooking" for drugs.
They are the cases that are dismissed by LE most often.
"The forgotten girls"
Thankfully this did not happen with her!!!

MOO

My hunch as well. I thought it seemed to be staged and planted there from the first time I read it. I'd bet whomever done it was smiling with all the people who have took off with this scenario. All because of one drug arrest. I don't buy it. A lot of people have though and went off on tangents speculating major drug use and even prostitution. I think it's HIGHLY unlikely with her background!

My hunch as well. I thought it seemed to be staged and planted there from the first time I read it. I'd bet whimever done it was smiling with all the people who have took off with this scenario. All because of one drug arrest. I don't buy it. A lot of people have though and went off on tangents speculating major drug use and even prostitution. I think it's HIGHLY unlikely with her background!
I do as well. I don't "know" her but I know people that "know of" her and they aren't buying it either..
I looked over her pinterest. She is VERY CHILD ORIENTED! !
I suspect she may have had a valid prescription for the meds, but they were not in the original container.

She could have had something as simple as a pulled back. A few hydrocodone pills and a muscle relaxer maybe?

I am getting a sense of urgency from some of her family, but not all of them. jmo

Would the GBI and FBI be involved if they didn't suspect some type of foul play? Asking, because I really don't know the criteria for their involvement. I believe it was reported early on that the local police did not suspect a kidnapping, but have there been any other statements from LE since? If the vehicle was staged, wouldn't that require an accomplice (more than one who planted it there)?

Would the GBI and FBI be involved if they didn't suspect some type of foul play? Asking, because I really don't know the criteria for their involvement. I believe it was reported early on that the local police did not suspect a kidnapping, but have there been any other statements from LE since? If the vehicle was staged, wouldn't that require an accomplice (more than one who planted it there)?
In this case I am not sure. Bartow Co/Cartersville ( & other local police in general )probably have limited resources. I am sure that is why they asked for help from the GBI.
I am not sure how the FBI fits in.

I believe that local police followed up on all the tips given at the start of the case and were unable to corroborate it.

I know they requested phone records and probably are trying to establish her movements in the days prior to her disappearance and at what location the phone was shut off. Unfortunately that takes a lot of time and man power.

Would her husband being from Canada require the FBI to step in?
I have no idea!

ETA: I think yes more than one person if the car was planted.
Someone had to give the person that left it there a ride. Unless they live there or really close.
moo

I do as well. I don't "know" her but I know people that "know of" her and they aren't buying it either..
I looked over her pinterest. She is VERY CHILD ORIENTED! !
I suspect she may have had a valid prescription for the meds, but they were not in the original container.

She could have had something as simple as a pulled back. A few hydrocodone pills and a muscle relaxer maybe?

I am getting a sense of urgency from some of her family, but not all of them. jmo

The way her husband started defending himself from the beginning threw up a red flag for me. Stating they didn't argue, putting the blame on her "erratic behavior", etc. He seemed to be trying to paint a picture for everyone. This was my first gut instinct. I tried to be open minded but everything seems to point to this for me. I think LE knows this as well. They are well experienced with this now days. All just my opinion of course. I just wish they could get a hunch where to look. I can guarantee you it won't be where he is driving them.

The way her husband started defending himself from the beginning threw up a red flag for me. Stating they didn't argue, putting the blame on her "erratic behavior", etc. He seemed to be trying to paint a picture for everyone. This was my first gut instinct. I tried to be open minded but everything seems to point to this for me. I think LE knows this as well. They are well experienced with this now days. All just my opinion of course. I just wish they could get a hunch where to look. I can guarantee you it won't be where he is driving them.
No, I agree I have a few ideas, but they aren't anywhere near that roach motel.

Does anyone know if Heather went on the trip to the beach with Stephan and their girls? The beach picture he posted on his FB on 9/11.

In this case I am not sure. Bartow Co/Cartersville ( & other local police in general )probably have limited resources. I am sure that is why they asked for help from the GBI.
I am not sure how the FBI fits in.

I believe that local police followed up on all the tips given at the start of the case and were unable to corroborate it.

I know they requested phone records and probably are trying to establish her movements in the days prior to her disappearance and at what location the phone was shut off. Unfortunately that takes a lot of time and man power.

Would her husband being from Canada require the FBI to step in?
I have no idea!

ETA: I think yes more than one person if the car was planted.
Someone had to give the person that left it there a ride. Unless they live there or really close.
moo

Do we know how far away from the motel they live? I thought it was interesting that when the GBI was shown live on the news searching the motel, her husband rushed down there. I could be mistaken, but from the accounts of it, it sounded like he didn't know GBI was going to the motel that day and he got there after LE left but while the news crew was still there. This tells me he must live or work close by. It also sort of made me think that he was expecting them to find something at the motel...IDK. I go back and forth on this case and what I think. The only thing I have a good read on is that I don't think Heather is alive. If she turns up alive I will be very happy for her babies (no matter the reason she was gone) but I think it would be a miracle at this point. JMO.

Do we know how far away from the motel they live? I thought it was interesting that when the GBI was shown live on the news searching the motel, her husband rushed down there. I could be mistaken, but from the accounts of it, it sounded like he didn't know GBI was going to the motel that day and he got there after LE left but while the news crew was still there. This tells me he must live or work close by. It also sort of made me think that he was expecting them to find something at the motel...IDK. I go back and forth on this case and what I think. The only thing I have a good read on is that I don't think Heather is alive. If she turns up alive I will be very happy for her babies (no matter the reason she was gone) but I think it would be a miracle at this point. JMO.
Less than 7 miles is what I believe.

I'm afraid I'm inclined to agree, I just don't see a good outcome. JMO, hope I'm wrong. Map quest shows their home to be 6 miles (9 minute drive) from the Courtesy Inn. Somewhere I believe I saw that he works at the Pilot, which would be 3.4 miles (4 minute drive) from the Courtesy Inn. I guess either are doable, but likely to be spotted. I don't think we have anyone that has given an actual last sighting (other than the husband), which I believe was Saturday the 17th? Communication with her around noon on the next day (18th) and Jeep was discovered the following night (19th). There were reports of the Jeep sitting there all weekend, though. I do think the phone records will fill in a lot of the missing pieces.

My bad ~7 from home ~4 from work.
Per white pages.

Pretty close to what I found. Just think someone would have seen something, but then with the interstate to his work, would be easy enough to hitch a ride that short of a distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member