Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on my home page. Apologies if it has already been posted.

Weeks Pass Since Disappearance of Young Mother With No Answers

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we...nswers/ar-AAjEM3X?li=BBnb4R7&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

From that link:

Tonight, she should be taking her three little girls out trick-or-treating. But that won't be happening this year, as Heather has now been missing for nearly six weeks.

"She could literally be anywhere," Stefan McDonald, Heather's husband, told Dateline. "She wouldn't just leave our girls like this. Something is wrong."
The last time anyone heard from Heather, 27, was the night of September 18. She had spent the prior few days with a friend who lived one town over from her family's home in Cartersville, Georgia.

It had been a stressful few months for Heather, and it was supposed to have been a welcome break. "I texted with her that Sunday. She asked what the girls and I were up to that day," Stefan told Dateline. "But when I asked what she was doing that day, she didn't respond."

BBM.

Perhaps I need to re-read, but this is the first I have seen that she did not text back on Sunday. I had seen the last time they texted/talked on the phone was Sunday and I had also seen other articles saying he talked/texted her Monday (conflicting info on the days and times and mode of communication). Why wasn't he concerned about her Sunday night or Monday during the day if she was coming home Monday and never texted him back and didn't show up? Her car was found at 9:30 PM Monday night and he had not reported her missing or even said before this he was concerned she hadn't come home Monday. :thinking:

So, a couple things here that I don't recall seeing before. According to the article, the police arrived at SM's door to let him know the Jeep was found abandoned. For some reason, I was thinking that they had called him to report it?? Also, the last conversation SM had with HM on the 18th seems different than I recall. I thought he previously said that the conversation was pretty normal, that she had asked how the girls slept the night before but that was about it. Why would she just not respond when asked what her plans were for the day? If she was only going for the weekend and it's now Sunday, wouldn't they discuss what time she was coming home? Also appears the conversation was via text initiated by SM. Can't help but wonder when the last time was someone actually heard her voice. Now 6 weeks and even more questions than answers.

I always had the same impression--that police called him on the phone about the jeep. If they sent an officer to his home that makes me think there are more signs of foul play in the car we are not aware of. If police just thought it could be a stolen vehicle they could have just called and told him it would be in the impound. JMO.

Its hard enough to get a date night for parents with having just 1 toddler at home.

So I am surprised that she traveled solo for a weekend getaway with 3 youngins left behind?

Now the rental was in his name and she got the rental because her car was recently wrecked.

So I find the timing off for solo travel while we are a car short with 3 young children.

So hopefully she is safe but didn't want to tell her family that she was running away. Let's just hope for the best.

Btw. A 17year old female that was missing for 3 weeks was just found safe with her older boyfriend in Vermont.

If this has been questioned/discussed already, I apologize.

I find it somewhat odd that the rental given to them was a Jeep Wrangler...this is a family of 5, with 3 young children. I can't imagine being able to fit 3 car/booster seats in the back at the same time.

If the rental was provided by the insurance company, I would assume that they would take safety, as well as convenience in to consideration when providing a replacement, even if it were temporary.
I personally don't see this vehicle as fulfilling those needs.

Unless:
Was the Jeep 'comparable' to the vehicle that was totaled? (ex: Jeep Cherokee or Liberty)
Was it the only option available at the time?
Was their other vehicle more family friendly and could transport all 5 members safely?
Who primarily drove the Jeep? (I assume HM, as it was replacing a vehicle she totaled and she was driving it when she went missing.)
Was it a request? Maybe thinking it would be more fun than a typical family car.)

I find it somewhat odd that the rental given to them was a Jeep Wrangler...this is a family of 5, with 3 young children. I can't imagine being able to fit 3 car/booster seats in the back at the same time.

If the rental was provided by the insurance company, I would assume that they would take safety, as well as convenience in to consideration when providing a replacement, even if it were temporary.

Unless:
Was the Jeep 'comparable' to the vehicle that was totaled? (ex: Jeep Cherokee or Liberty)
Was their other vehicle more family friendly and could transport all 5 members safely?
Who primarily drove the Jeep? (I assume HM, as it was replacing a vehicle she totaled and she was driving it when she went missing.)
Was it a request? Maybe thinking it would be more fun than a typical family car.)

We discussed briefly but it's always good to rethink things and look at all the angles. The jeep was reportedly rented in Stefan's name. I had previously theorized that he was the primary driver, and used the Jeep to go to work. Perhaps she took the jeep for the weekend to leave him with their other vehicle that could comfortably transport the girls. Of course if Heather never really left on her own in the Jeep it would also be practical for SM to keep the other vehicle at home...No telling exactly how long the Jeep sat in the parking lot of the Courtesy Inn. JMO.

Unless:
And as I mentioned before, a Jeep Wrangler is very expensive to rent,more than double a midsize car's cost.

Is anyone tweeting for Heather? She's a really pretty lady. Is her disappearance linked to anyone else's disappearance?

Female body found yesterday in Haralson County. No identification yet. Link: Haralson County Sheriff's office Facebook page.

She does have a Twitter account, but I don't believe she's been on it for some time prior to her disappearance. There was some speculation surrounding a 24 yr. old man from Cartersville who also went missing the same day (TC), but he returned 10 days later. Family noted he was bipolar in need of medication, but nothing else was said publicly after he returned.

Is anyone tweeting for Heather? She's a really pretty lady. Is her disappearance linked to anyone else's disappearance?

Female body found yesterday in Haralson County. No identification yet. Link: Haralson County Sheriff's office Facebook page.

For those of us not familiar with the area, how far is this County from Bartow County?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to you both. From that post:
The remains appear to be that of a female. The remains were sent to the Georgia Crime Lab for autopsy and identification.
No other information is being released at this time due to the sensitivity of the case. The investigation is continuing.

From the comments there was another woman missing from the area since august. Hope this is a quick and easy ID for the sake of the families.

From where HM's Jeep was found it's a little less than an hour's drive to where the body was found on Sunday and 10 minutes or so closer drive (from the body) to Acworth where she was to have been spending the weekend. If you look at the post directly below on the Haralson Co. Sheriff's FB page, you'll see there is also another woman that has been missing since the end of August from Rockmart (about a 20 minute drive from where the body was found). I don't know why this woman's disappearance wasn't covered. Even searching for other missing people in the area, she never came up. Prayers for the family of the woman found.

For those of us not familiar with the area, how far is this County from Bartow County?

From where HM's Jeep was found it's a little less than an hour's drive to where the body was found on Sunday and 10 minutes or so closer drive (from the body) to Acworth where she was to have been spending the weekend. If you look at the post directly below on the Haralson Co. Sheriff's FB page, you'll see there is also another woman that has been missing since the end of August from Rockmart (about a 20 minute drive from where the body was found). I don't know why this woman's disappearance wasn't covered. Even searching for other missing people in the area, she never came up. Prayers for the family of the woman found.

Thank you for the info. I noticed the same thing when searching for more information on woman missing from the earlier post. Her name did not come up when we were discussing missing persons around the same timeframe and surrounding areas. Also, trying to find info regarding the circumstances surrounding here disappearance to no avail :(

There was also a man murdered during late hours of September 5 or early morning hours of September 6 There is a $2500 reward offered for information of that murder.

And also $400,000 dollars taken on a traffic stop that included the Sheriff's office, GBI, State Patrol K-9 unit and the DEA!

Not sure if there was or is tweets. Things have been quiet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member