Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the oddest things about the situation for me is who gets a Jeep Wrangler rental car?
A Jeep Wrangler is $150/day from the rates I see online, while a small or midsize sedan is $30-50. Even if insurance is paying they aren't going to usually cover that kind of cost.
And I own a Wrangler - they are not practical for a mother with children. They are not even practical for me, a guy with dogs. They are fun, they go almost any where, and they are expensive. I would think her personal car was likely something else, more practical?
It's obvious to me the picture on the first page of this thread was taken inside a Jeep Wrangler.

I also found the rental choice very odd. My insurance only reimburses $30 a day even when I'm not at fault and only for 30 days. I can't find where the pic on this first page originated, but seems to be one of the first ones her husband released on the 21st regarding her disappearance. To me, this was also an odd choice, given the large sunglasses. The other pics being circulated with straight hair and glasses barely resemble the ones taken the night before she disappeared. These 2 snapchat pics also have me confused. Stefan knows where they were taken, the first appears to be a selfie, but the 2nd to me looks as though someone took it of her. So where was she and who took the pic? I guess it's lucky that he screenshot the snapchat pics before they disappeared, given that they are likely the most representative of her look today. I do think she has undergone a significant change when you compare recent pics to those taken a few months ago.

One of the oddest things about the situation for me is who gets a Jeep Wrangler rental car?
A Jeep Wrangler is $150/day from the rates I see online, while a small or midsize sedan is $30-50. Even if insurance is paying they aren't going to usually cover that kind of cost.
And I own a Wrangler - they are not practical for a mother with children. They are not even practical for me, a guy with dogs. They are fun, they go almost any where, and they are expensive. I would think her personal car was likely something else, more practical?
It's obvious to me the picture on the first page of this thread was taken inside a Jeep Wrangler.

I don't find it too odd. They may have had really good insurance. My insurance covers rental of a similar vehicle to what I drive. Do we know what kind of car was in the wreck?

Maybe a complimentary upgrade because that was all they had at the time?

Sent from my SM-G930V

Possible. Does her husband travel a lot for business? I know from experience if you use a rental car company frequently for business and then get a longer term rental for personal/vacation use the rental company will sometimes offer a free upgrade or extra discount just because you are a long time customer.

I don't find it too odd. They may have had really good insurance. My insurance covers rental of a similar vehicle to what I drive. Do we know what kind of car was in the wreck?

Not sure the make of the car, but looks to have been given to her by her late grandma. Another forum posted a comment she made on her FB account on her birthday stating that she wrecked the car her nana gave her on the anniversary of her death date (Sept. 3rd).

my 3 year old also hates it.

it was a drive through car wash, no? that wouldn't clean any evidence from the inside.

I don't know how common this is - but my 2yr & 5yr olds are terrified of the car wash. Our minivan is white so I go every now & then - and I go alone. The kids don't seem to have any other unusual fears but boy they are not fans of the car wash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when I traveled to boston, we rented a car. our flight was delayed and we got to logan after midnight and only ONE rental counter was still open w TONS of ppl in line. we waited a few hours and got to pick whatever car we wanted. and since she prob has a "Sensible" car, maybe she wanted the wrangler since it was temporary.

My sister recently had a reservation for a rental car due to an accident.

They had a 4 wheel drive 4 door Dodge Ram waiting for her when we arrived. Because they were a small company with limited inventory, they didn't have the size her insurance would cover but still had to fulfill the reservation.

So she was bumped up 2 or 3 levels to what they had available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I watched the news live, they said the friend house she was going to was in Acworth. If that is the case why was the Jeep seen at the hotel since Friday? Did she disappear from Acworth? Sounds like everyone is looking I'm the wrong area!!
jmo

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

Still slowly plodding my way through the thread...

BBM:

Just spit balling here. Because whoever made her go missing was hoping one of the various and sundry drug involved or homeless peeps hanging around the hotel would see the key, steal the car, and make it look like a drug person or homeless person who took her car also did something the her?

Still slowly plodding my way through the thread...

BBM:

Just spit balling here. Because whoever made her go missing was hoping one of the various and sundry drug involved or homeless peeps hanging around the hotel would see the key, steal the car, and make it look like a drug person or homeless person who took her car also did something the her?
It is beginning to seem that the Jeep was left there to throw off the investigation. She was headed to Acworth, which is South-South West of Cartersville. The Jeep was left North-North West of Cartersville.
ETA: "A WOMAN" may have been seen at the Courtesy on September 18 that resembles Heather, but I am not convinced that it was her.

My ? is...where is the rental now?

Sent from my SM-G930V

It is beginning to seem that the Jeep was left there to throw off the investigation. She was headed to Acworth, which is South-South West of Cartersville. The Jeep was left North-North West of Cartersville.
ETA: "A WOMAN" may have been seen at the Courtesy on September 18 that resembles Heather, but I am not convinced that it was her.

Or someone stole the jeep and left it there or something happened to her (OD?) and someone needed to ditch the jeep. Who knows?

Acworth is notorious for drug use.
Friends of my sons call it "CrackWorth".

Hah! Yes, parts of Acworth. Other parts are really nice. Brookstone/Brookstone Country Club? Houses up to the millions in that area.

Oh wow! We are somewhat new to this area. We live in Dallas.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Lol, please don't freak out. I'm sure your area is fine. While there are sketchy areas in Acworth, that's true of a lot of towns all over the country. (Marietta Georgia is like this. lovely, pricey, safe parts of Marietta....places in Marietta I wouldn't get out of my car unless it was on fire.)

"Crackworth" is a common high school slam for kids from other schools/ counties to mock those who are based in Acworth. Harrison High School is in Acworth (my teens jokingly call it Crackworth) and kids who live in affluent Brookstone neighborhood live in Acworth and go to Harrison HS. Not 'cracky' at all. In Woodstock, we have Etowah High School and rivals jokingly call it "Ghettowah." Many of the neighborhoods that feed into Etowah are built around swim/tennis/golf courses/country clubs. Not ghettos.

Welcome to Georgia! :seeya:

Hah! Yes, parts of Acworth. Other parts are really nice. Brookstone/Brookstone Country Club? Houses up to the millions in that area.
I'm in Dallas but dang some of the houses in Marietta...not sure of the area but my GPS knows...Nice!
I guess I am on the outskirts of Acworth via Cobb.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Yeah...I am sure hubby hasn't been happy with her actions leading up to her going missing but I just feel like he doesn't want to be a single dad of three young girls. I never wanted to be a single mom...that is a lot of work.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Slightly O/T: Two cases off the top of my head where Dad killed Mom, voluntarily leaving him a single dad with young kids...

Josh Powell
Ganesh Remy Ramsaran

Remy was screwing around with his wife's 'best friend'. I think he thought his also married with kids girlfriend would be the new mama. Josh Powell? Ugh. Too complicated and twisted to explain. And very, very sad. (Both cases are on Websleuths, if you're not familiar.)

I don't necessarily think the husband in this case murdered his wife (I'm still fence sitting and reading up), but I think sometimes one spouse kills another without thinking through the full ramifications. I mean, I'm thinking if one spouse kills another in a sudden rage, no one's thinking logistics of childcare, ya know what I mean? And I think others over-estimate their brilliance at never getting caught and assume some other woman (or 'THE other woman') will swoop in to help, and family will pitch in. JMO.

So, front what I recall, there was not an actual spotting of Heather in Acworth. Only that she said she was going to a friend's house and then was seen leaving a different friend's house in the next morning. How do we know she was ever in Acworth? With reports of the Jeep being seen at the motel all weekend, is it possible that's where she was spotted leaving a different friend's house. I don't know this particular location, but similar places charge weekly rates and the people that stay there really consider it their home, rather than being a guest at a motel. If she went there for drugs or prostitution (just throwing out worst case scenario), why would she leave? Where was the Jeep actually found the night of the 19th? I thought it was found by the police because it seemed out of place. Was it found by the dumpster or closer to the entrance of the motel? Had it been moved? I do think the manner in which it was found is suspicious and how unfortunate that it wasn't hauled in for processing. If my husband found my car in that condition and I was nowhere around, he would freak out (unless he was familiar with why I was hanging out there). If the Jeep was staged to throw LE off, I then doubt the story of her arguing with the 2-3 men. It also could be a coverup to draw attention away from the party she was really with there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper