Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone had noted early on that rental cars have GPS....trackable if missing. The car may have been intentionally parked there and ditched with the keys. Being a shady location, someone who steals cars knows how to check if a car is a rental...supposedly by a sticker on the car door. They opened the door and moved on. I am curious if she OD'd....so many opiates are custom made with fentanyl, which is so deadly. "Friends" may have dumped her body somewhere and ditched the car from their location. Sadly, this happened to my son's friend. It has been 3 years and they still have not found out who dumped him.
The tags, the keys of a rental are ovious, as well as the location and the door being open, any user would assume it was a set up. IMO

I am sorry about your son's friend ! That is just heart breaking.
My son's best friend OD'D intentionally, and his dad was a first responder at the scene.

Someone had noted early on that rental cars have GPS....trackable if missing. The car may have been intentionally parked there and ditched with the keys. Being a shady location, someone who steals cars knows how to check if a car is a rental...supposedly by a sticker on the car door. They opened the door and moved on. I am curious if she OD'd....so many opiates are custom made with fentanyl, which is so deadly. "Friends" may have dumped her body somewhere and ditched the car from their location. Sadly, this happened to my son's friend. It has been 3 years and they still have not found out who dumped him.
Police haven't even put up a photo of the vehicle she was allegedly last seen in. People would notice this car.
This may not be the exact Jeep Wrangler she had, there are a few different options, but I am sure it is close.
b12c14f73a166dcb18a562c4cef04184.jpg

Finally...caught up! Do we know if Heather was still working?

Sent from my SM-G930V

Whom was it that lead LE to the Motel in the first place?

Not really sure. From the various media posts it seems that LE drove by and saw it.

My ? is how is LE able to trace a rental back to the person that rented it? Would they have to contact the rental company?

Sent from my SM-G930V

Even in "nicer" motels and hotels, it is not uncommon to see local police drive through the parking lots regularly. I suspect it happens even more for the places known for shady activity. Ii've always considered this normal police patrol activity.

I haven't seen any friends make any sort of statement.

For those suspecting the husband's statements or lack thereof, think of it this way. Hypothetically, imagine if your spouse started drinking and making bad decisions, getting a DUI, even going as far as cheating on you. You're fed up with them. Would you really be crying to the cameras about how much you miss her? I certainly would not. I would do the same as he has and focus on how my child needs her mother. Not saying Heather did any of the above, but there's plenty of reasons why he could be responding the way he is.

I agree. I'm only on page 17, but I've been dying to post something like this. My hubby has one sister who uses bad judgement as a general rule. She has taken advantage of our generosity over and over and let us down over and over. Hubby tries to not give her anything else, but it's hard because he loves her. If something happened to her, God forbid, he would be devastated, but he would also sound really terse and give an awkward interview. Even with all the love, money, a car, a place to live (twice) and the job we gave her, she managed to burn it all to the ground. Her (main) problem is being self-absorbed. ("Poor, poor pitiful me.") The alcohol makes it worse.

I don't like the fact that the PIO said she hasn't been seen since the 2nd week of September. (That does not equal the 18th of the month.) IMO

Unless they meant 'the end of the second full week. But I agree.

Wonder who put up her bond from her arrest? Wouldn't THEY have been deeply concerned about not setting eyes on her since the second week in September? (not sure what her full bail amount was or if a house or car was listed as collateral.)

Weird it seems she hadn't been reported missing until the jeep turned up.

O/T, but how does everyone pronounce "Stefan" when you read his name?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I agree. I'm only on page 17, but I've been dying to post something like this. My hubby has one sister who uses bad judgement as a general rule. She has taken advantage of our generosity over and over and let us down over and over. Hubby tries to not give her anything else, but it's hard because he loves her. If something happened to her, God forbid, he would be devastated, but he would also sound really terse and give an awkward interview. Even with all the love, money, a car, a place to live (twice) and the job we gave her, she managed to burn it all to the ground. Her (main) problem is being self-absorbed. ("Poor, poor pitiful me.") The alcohol makes it worse.

I totally get what you're saying.

But nothing her husband (or family) has said to the media made it sound like she's got any kind of lengthy history with drugs, going missing for days on end, over and over and over. To the contrary, he's said she just went for a weekend getaway with a girlfriend, and that her erratic behavior has only been in the last few months.

"Heather is a very active wife and mom,” he said. "She has had some erratic behavior in the last couple of months — she thought people were following her and she would go out at odd hours — that kind of thing, but nothing that would indicate that she was going to just disappear. She wouldn't go this long without reaching out to her kids, especially Olivia — they are really tight."

http://www.daily-tribune.com/newsx/item/6342-searching-for-clues

Interesting to note "She wouldn't go this long without reaching out to her kids". But maybe she'd go this long without him seeing her/her being home?

Totally out of left field here, but the 'she thought people were following her' reminded me of another case I followed here, Teleka Patrick, a medical resident, where her behavior would get 'erratic' and she thought people were following her. She drowned in a lake while running from who she thought was after her. Which was no one. She had paranoid schizophrenia.

O/T, but how does everyone pronounce "Stefan" when you read his name?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Steh-FAHN.

Probably not how he pronounces it, but that's what a hear in my head when I see it. :dunno:

Cartersville Police Department is currently conducting an investigation pertaining to a missing person, Mrs. Heather Dianne McDonald. On Monday Sept. 19, 2016 at approximately 9:30 pm an officer with the department observed a red Jeep Wrangler in the parking lot of 2335 Hwy 411 (Courtesy Inn) which appeared to be out of place. A follow up investigation revealed that the vehicle was a rental and contact was made with Mr. Stefan McDonald who stated that his wife was in possession of the vehicle. A canvas of the motel and the area resulted in negative contact. The Cartersville Police Department is diligently working this case and ask that anyone with any information please contact the Cartersville Police Department, Inv. Sparacio 770-382-2526.

http://www.daily-tribune.com/newsx/item/6342-searching-for-clues

Just bumping this up from early in the investigation.

Not really sure. From the various media posts it seems that LE drove by and saw it.

My ? is how is LE able to trace a rental back to the person that rented it? Would they have to contact the rental company?

Sent from my SM-G930V

Yes, LE had the keys and all rentals have a bar code on the keys and window. It would have been really fast to find out who rented it by calling the company. I thought it was interesting that the rental was in SM's name, not Heather's. She could have been put on as a second driver but nothing said that. Police contacted SM and he said Heather had the car. Now, they could have done that just because of how their insurance is set up--if he is primary on insurance he would be the primary on the rental. But it is a little odd because they have made it seem like this was Heather's primary vehicle. As if she rented it, not SM. As someone else pointed out this is not the best vehicle for transporting 3 small kids. Then the way SM said his wife "was in possession" of the vehicle. Maybe those were not his exact words but that is what we have from the police. It makes if sound like she just took the vehicle that weekend. It's possible she did just that in order to leave SM with their other vehicle which he could transport the girls in. But it's also possible that someone knew she would be gone for a long time...He couldn't leave the family vehicle by the motel. He needed it. All just speculation. :moo:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.11al...rch-for-misssing-cartersville-woman/329395102

It sounded like he was just repeating what he was told by police as to why they were in the woods.
MOO

Thanks for the link, somehow I missed that one. IMO, referring to her as "one of the girls" sounds like she was either one of the prostitutes or one of a group of girls that could be held for sex trafficking. Pure speculation, but I live near a major city where sex trafficking is a huge problem. While many of the girls taken are druggies, there are those that clean who are abducted and shot up, becoming addicted and then sold by the traffickers. He didn't say, there was a girl, some girl, or one of my friends. To me, it sounds as though he's saying she was a part of a group of girls there. I go back and forth with whether she intentionally walked away or really became involved with some ****s and has met a worse fate. Drugs can be powerful and make people do things they wouldn't normally do. I get that. But as a mother myself, I can't imagine intentionally walking away from my babies and never seeing them again, UNLESS I honestly believed that if I didn't, I would be putting them in danger. If the rumors of her arguing with 3 men are true and she did owe money, whose to say they weren't threatening to hurt her children or other family members? If I weren't in the right frame of mind or slightly altered thinking due to drugs, I would take any threat very seriously. Maybe even feel like I had failed my kids, they were better off without me and that I had to do anything to protect them.

Yes, LE had the keys and all rentals have a bar code on the keys and window. It would have been really fast to find out who rented it by calling the company. I thought it was interesting that the rental was in SM's name, not Heather's. She could have been put on as a second driver but nothing said that. Police contacted SM and he said Heather had the car. Now, they could have done that just because of how their insurance is set up--if he is primary on insurance he would be the primary on the rental. But it is a little odd because they have made it seem like this was Heather's primary vehicle. As if she rented it, not SM. As someone else pointed out this is not the best vehicle for transporting 3 small kids. Then the way SM said his wife "was in possession" of the vehicle. Maybe those were not his exact words but that is what we have from the police. It makes if sound like she just took the vehicle that weekend. It's possible she did just that in order to leave SM with their other vehicle which he could transport the girls in. But it's also possible that someone knew she would be gone for a long time...He couldn't leave the family vehicle by the motel. He needed it. All just speculation. :moo:

Is there a possibility that she may have had a suspended license and needed the rental to be placed in her husband's name? Maybe he was driving the Jeep and she the other car, decided to leave and took the Jeep since the other car had the car seats in it? Just speculating and not judging, but the car was pics showed the interior to be extremely "kid used" on the interior. May have just been easier to not drive the kids around in the rental.

I see Heather's father has shared some interesting posts about his daughter on his FB page.
He is not disputing what was said about her situation.
This is very concerning to me.
It sure does change things and verifies some of the rumors I have heard.

I see Heather's father has shared some interesting posts about his daughter on his FB page.

I don't see it on his FB page??

I haven't seen any friends make any sort of statement.

For those suspecting the husband's statements or lack thereof, think of it this way. Hypothetically, imagine if your spouse started drinking and making bad decisions, getting a DUI, even going as far as cheating on you. You're fed up with them. Would you really be crying to the cameras about how much you miss her? I certainly would not. I would do the same as he has and focus on how my child needs her mother. Not saying Heather did any of the above, but there's plenty of reasons why he could be responding the way he is.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

He just deleted them. But they were screen shots taken from the Topix thread. Very sad if true.

He just deleted them. But they were screen shots taken from the Topix thread. Very sad if true.

On my Android, it is on page 30 of Topix. The poster says they have been to see the detective and let him read through all of the convos with Heather on his/her phone. Not sure why someone would stay in such a miserable marriage....if true. She is a beautiful girl, young.....with a life full of options......options still available to her. I hope she is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper