Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She does have a Twitter account, but I don't believe she's been on it for some time prior to her disappearance. There was some speculation surrounding a 24 yr. old man from Cartersville who also went missing the same day (TC), but he returned 10 days later. Family noted he was bipolar in need of medication, but nothing else was said publicly after he returned.
I did hear and it did appear when he returned he took his fb page down. It could have been because he was being asked so many questions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I truly do not think that hubby was happy with her going on a solo trip.

Jmo.

I was beginning to think that maybe the missing woman from Rockmart (SV) had been found since the only missing posts from family members were a week or so after she disappeared and just one post. But there was a comment on the West Georgia Public News FB that a family member noted she was still missing. Just odd that there hasn't been more coverage in the media, especially when HM disappeared from a neighboring county a couple weeks later. Side note, there were female remains found near this same location on Coppermine Rd. last year. The woman was identified and the couple who shot her were arrested in April. https://gbi.georgia.gov/press-relea...e-natoshia-melissa-smith-murder-investigation.

Thank you for the info. I noticed the same thing when searching for more information on woman missing from the earlier post. Her name did not come up when we were discussing missing persons around the same timeframe and surrounding areas. Also, trying to find info regarding the circumstances surrounding here disappearance to no avail :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ 5 seconds into video there is a split screen of Heather and someone knocking on a door. Is that Stefan?

@ 5 seconds into video there is a split screen of Heather and someone knocking on a door. Is that Stefan?

In the CBS46 video? Yes. They interview him later on in that same video.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcn...ng-mother-heather-mcdonald-no-answers-n675811

The Jeep rental was in Stefan's name?
Is that SOP? The car was left to HM by her grandmother, HM had the wreck...
Why would Jeep be rented in SM name?

Maybe he paid the insurance for her car/was primary on the insurance? I also have suggested that he drove the Jeep most of the time while she had the other car that could fit all three car seats for the girls. I don't know that for sure but that is all I can think of that makes sense. Insurance also might have been higher for her to be primary driver on the rental because of her wreck.

I want to know more about this wreck!
It must have been more than a "fender bender".

Her solo trip from hubby and the 3 kiddies, sounds like she wanted a break alone.

So hopefully she just ran away.

I'm new to this, still not sure how to reply to the kindness I was shown in one post by websleuth users. I have no idea if mentioned but could there be any connection to the disappearance of Tara Grinstead? Both beautiful, cars found unlocked, eerily close fall month missing dates, reasonably close to each other, etc.? Thanks, sorry if a repost.

Screenshot_2016-11-02-13-40-10.jpg
Map from Cartersville Ga to Ft. Walton Beach. Spot "A" on map is Coppermine Rd. Approx 30 miles from Cartersville.
There are other routes to Florida obviously, but I was surprised to see this. I've asked who saw her after the family trip to Florida or if she even went, but I haven't gotten an answer.
Is it possible that this is Heather?
I have always maintained the thought that hunter's would find her when huntin season started. At least someone has a family member located, as sad as it is.

I'm new to this, still not sure how to reply to the kindness I was shown in one post by websleuth users. I have no idea if mentioned but could there be any connection to the disappearance of Tara Grinstead? Both beautiful, cars found unlocked, eerily close fall month missing dates, reasonably close to each other, etc.? Thanks, sorry if a repost.

:welcome: I have not read all of Heather's thread yet. Still have some catching up to do. I'm sure there are some sleuthers here that can answer if there are any similarities between Tara Grinstead's case and Heather's case. I hope they find Heather. Good to know that GBI is on her case. Praying for answers for the family and her friends!

Maybe he paid the insurance for her car/was primary on the insurance? I also have suggested that he drove the Jeep most of the time while she had the other car that could fit all three car seats for the girls. I don't know that for sure but that is all I can think of that makes sense. Insurance also might have been higher for her to be primary driver on the rental because of her wreck.

The way I've always understood it is there is a primary driver listed on the rental. You can add additional drivers (maybe for a fee?).

Adding an additional thought - if the rental was needed for the accident and the accident report included controlled substances perhaps he rented under his name if Heather couldn't. I'm not sure what details insurance companies provide to rental companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's being reported that they have a suspect in custody.. Here is the link:
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/c...t-in-missing-cartersville-moms-case/346290557

Wow! Quotes from the link:

Authorities are now confirming to 11Alive that a person of interest in the disappearance of Heather McDonald is in custody. McDonald is the Cartersville mom who has been missing since September.

The U.S. Marshals Service tells 11Alive their agency was called in to locate Richard Harden for a sex offender registry violation. According to the Georgia Department of Corrections website, Harden, born in 1959, was convicted of enticing a child in Bartow County in 1988.

download%20_OP_2_CP__1478113933681_6702994_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

He is scary looking!

More from above link:

According to the GBI, when the Marshals service attempted to arrest Harden on October 7th in the area of Hay’s Mill Road in Cartersville, Harden pointed a gun to his head and at the authorities on scene.Authorities opened fire, hitting Harden. According to the GBI, which is investigating the shooting, Harden was taken to Grady Hospital to be treated for his injuries. He’s now being held in Bartow County.
Stefan McDonald, Heather's husband, says he's known Harden for several years. In fact, he says Harden helped install floors in their home.
When Heather first disappeared, Stefan McDonald, says they gave a list of names to police that they would consider person's of interest.

However, McDonald says he does not believe Harden had anything to do with his wife's disappearance.

"He never struck me as a violent person," McDonald said.

McDonald does believe that Harden may know something about his wife's disappearance.
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/c...t-in-missing-cartersville-moms-case/346290557

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking