Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Jakari Dillard killed in shooting outside Atlanta pool | 11alive.com
''Teen killed outside Atlanta pool had previously survived 9 heart surgeries, family says.
Jakari Dillard, 17, was shot and killed at Anderson Park pool. Just two days after his death, his family came back to the pool to talk about their loss.''
543770de-f241-4de2-9ada-4e609c55e9c6_1920x1080.jpg

Author: Tracey Amick-Peer
July 26, 2021
''ATLANTA — A family looking forward to their son’s senior year in high school is instead facing tragedy.

Jakari Dillard, 17, was shot and killed at Anderson Park pool. Just two days after his death, his family came back to the pool to talk about their loss.

“Jakari was supposed to be graduating next year, I’m planning a funeral, “ said his mom, Courtney Dillard.

She said he was a rising senior at Life Christian Academy.

The family said the teen had survived nine heart surgeries over the course of his life. His mother said he loved to cook and swim.

They said he was at the pool with five of his siblings and his aunt for about two hours when he was killed.''

“It was just senseless," his aunt, Chrissandra Thomas said. "Like we were playing amongst each other, even with the guys who did it."

"We just hear a gunshot me and my nephew thought they shot in the air and we see him laying there,” said said.

Less than 24 hours after the shooting, the City of Atlanta announced it was closing all 12 of its outdoor public pools until further notice.''

How does a person go swimming with a gun?! And why?
This poor kid really had the cards stacked against him, imagine nine heart surgeries by the age of 17, survives them all, only to be shot dead in front of his siblings, on a summer's day. imo.

July 30, 2021
Atlanta pools add metal detectors, bag checks after slaying
''ATLANTA (AP) — Some of Atlanta’s public swimming pools are reopening with metal detectors after they were abruptly closed following the killing of a 17-year-old boy at one of them.

Pool-goers can also expect to have their bags checked under new security policies, WXIA-TV reported.

Jakari Dillard was slain at Anderson Park pool earlier this month. Police say they’ve issued a murder warrant in the teen’s killing.

Atlanta’s Department of Parks and Recreation worked with the Atlanta Police Department and pool vendor American King to reopen some of the pools for the remainder of the season, officials said. Indoor pools weren’t part of the closures.''

rbbm.
‘We’re slaughtering each other’: Family of teen killed at city pool has strong message for parents
‘We’re slaughtering each other’: Family of teen killed at city pool has strong message for parents''
''Police said Jakari was killed after an argument broke out Saturday just as the pool was about to close. Witnesses said they didn’t know the shooter, but he looked like a teenager as well.

Jakari’s aunt, Chrissandra Thomas, said Dillard was not part of the argument. Thomas said she was checking on her younger nieces and nephews in the baby pool when she overheard the shooter “talking crazy” to Dillard.''

“We just hear a gunshot,” Thomas said. “Me and my nephew just thought they shot into the air and we see him laying right there. But again, he had nothing to do with it.”

''Courtney Dillard said she’s a protective mom who doesn’t let her kids do too much without her there because of all the violence in metro Atlanta these days. She did let Jakari go to the pool with his family, a decision she regrets.''

“Only thing he did,” Dillard said. “He worked and went to school. Played the game. I never let him out the door because of what’s going on now. I’m scared. This is what I am scared of.”

Dillard said two days ago, she and Jakari were talking about prom. Now, she’s planning a funeral.''

''Jakari’s family had a message for the community. They said that people should stop blaming the mayor and police for all the violence in Atlanta. They said parents need to teach their children a better way to deal with issues than use guns.

“We do have to say to the kids and the mothers out there. We have to come together, you know?” Thomas said. “This can’t keep happening. We killing each other. Like we don’t even have to worry about police. It’s our own slaughtering each other.”

Jakari’s family saw this child fight to survive 9 surgeries and took every precaution to protect his life only to watch him die in casual poolside violence. There were witnesses and now there’s a warrant but the family is right to point out that this is true problem is systemic. When we stop feeling shocked by murders like this and are numb to the fact that there are metal detectors at swimming pools, we’ve lost our way. LE can’t fix that.

Jakari’s family saw this child fight to survive 9 surgeries and took every precaution to protect his life only to watch him die in casual poolside violence. There were witnesses and now there’s a warrant but the family is right to point out that this is true problem is systemic. When we stop feeling shocked by murders like this and are numb to the fact that there are metal detectors at swimming pools, we’ve lost our way. LE can’t fix that.
"Casual poolside violence".
This reality makes my heart hurt.

Thank you for the update!
From link..
''APD says their Fugitive Unit and federal officers arrested 18-year-old Fernando Felton on March 10 and charged him with Murder, Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony, Possession of a Pistol or Revolver by a Person under 18 Years Old, Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Distribute, and other charges.

Felton was identified shortly after the deadly shooting, but police were unable to locate him''

''Dillard’s aunts and his siblings, who ranged between the ages of 3 to 18 at the time, witnessed the murder. Jakari was a senior at Life Christian Academy in Forest Park at the time of his death''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackDiamond
Back