GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed The PIS post was deleted off of the missing jenna Facebook page. Why is this?

Gotcha @subie_climber. I also noticed the PIS post has been deleted off of the fbook page. why is this?

I think if jenna was in trouble with the law that would have come out by now. There is still no trace of the car? No phone use?

Just a note on google mapping her own address (or the townhouse near by)...Atlanta traffic is bad. You're wise to map every trip you take...it helps you avoid the heavy traffic areas and offers the fastest route. I google map my own address all the time, yet I know Atlanta roads like the back of my hand.

Gotcha @subie_climber. I also noticed the PIS post has been deleted off of the fbook page. why is this?

I think if jenna was in trouble with the law that would have come out by now. There is still no trace of the car? No phone use?

Parents wanted to take it down thinking that the Police were not happy about that being up

Wow. POI* I am so sorry. Bad with acronyms.

Oh dear.......so you are talking about the POI post on FB, with his name....if he was not an official POI (by law, and even then) I think it is not allowed, although very understandable from the family point of view (people are innocent untll...etc) You could even sue I guess if somebody does put your name out in this context....I would....

Agh. Makes sense. Hopefully police will investigate further into him and let y'all know when they can. Did you solidify a meeting yet? I would press and press and press.... time is still of the essence

This is an example of a post quoting J's Fb so it was allowed to post from it or link imo.

Sillybilly, please clarify about quoting/linking from/to J's Fb if this is incorrect.

And it is from August 2016....sigh

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. I've never been invested in a missing person case before but something about Jenna and her case have me awake at nights.
I had some time on my hands and started looking through Jenna's FB: <modsnip>

:wagon:to Websleuths, worriedaboutjvg!! We're glad you've joined us!!
:cheer:
:cheer:

Why would she need directions to her own apartment, she would know how to get there already. And she was staying at her parents anyway, and is where the car was left. Unless she came back to her parents, got her car and then went back to her apartment/town home then to College Park in her car, where something happened? Jmo.

I live in Atlanta and often get directions to my own apartment just because Atlanta traffic is bad and GPS is always sending me different ways to get home that are faster than the ways I know (often sends me down weird residential streets I never knew were there). I know Jenna is from here but it's a pretty large city and if she's not used to getting around specific neighborhoods, it's best to use GPS. I've lived here 2 years and GPS to my home nearly daily just to find the best route from where I am.

Just a note on google mapping her own address (or the townhouse near by)...Atlanta traffic is bad. You're wise to map every trip you take...it helps you avoid the heavy traffic areas and offers the fastest route. I google map my own address all the time, yet I know Atlanta roads like the back of my hand.
Maybe because I'm not local or tech savvy I just can't see the logic but i take the point. But why is she going there in the first place when she had to swop cars at her parents at some point so wondering when that was?

A pocket dial is if somebody's phone by accident calls a number, the caller is not knowing about it because it's happening in your pocket, bag...not a conscious call. Most of the time you will hear all kind of sounds, like scratching, the wind and stuff, but no real contact....I got a lot because my name is starting with A...and the first/in the beginning of people's contact list. Ruth....Jenna...is further up the alphabet......I'm not sure how (and if) that could happen....If you don't have the number in your contact list....I'm not sure if it is possible to press all the buttons by accident/not knowing being somebody's cellular phone number. In the Netherlands a cellular phone number without a Land code consists of 10 numbers....

It can also happen if the person was a recent contact. It may not be a pocket dial from your contacts list, but rather from your call history, if that makes sense? My name starts with S, but my mom pocket dials me all the time because we talk frequently.

:star: Bit of Hope :star:

:yourock:

A big Thank You!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads