GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking she must have a second set of ID. It's been said she left all her personal things and her purse at home. To cash those Cashiers Checks, she will need her driver's license and and another form of ID.

I tried to cash some last week, and a well known chain refused to accept them. I raised a stink as they are supposed to be the same as cash. They called their home office, and the answer was still no.

To make a long story short, they are not as easy to use as they use to be!

All of this brings me to a point. IF Jenna bought the Cashiers Checks in her name, the issuer which is probably American Express may be able to help you.

The bank where they were purchased will have it on file as to what name she bought them under. They will also have the list of numbers on each check purchased. Call the main office of Am Ex, if that is who issued them, and they can tell if they have been used and where. This may take a warrant, however, this is one way to try to track her down. Good luck!

Remember to think of the various names she may have used. Did she use her married name or take her maiden name back? Did she a different ID name for her PI work? Being a PI, I would guess she knows the ways the underground works to get a new ID?

Is this a comment on the correct thread?

i wonder ........

remember when LE said they found her.
would they refrain from telling family she was found if she told them not to?
I guess it would depend what she told them. In UK if a person is voluntarily missing and don't want anyone to know where they are then LE respect their wishes but do notify family they are found but that is all. How is that compared to the US?

Very good question about the place she was when she send the text message and also very good information about the phone-data. Normally a phone seeks contact with phone-masts In the Netherlands a phone most of the time tries to make contact with 3 phone-masts (except when you are in a uninhabited area) Each phone-mast has a certain reach, also phone has. By doing a triangulating it's possible to determine the global position of a phone. Also a warrant is needed by the police to get this data from a phone provider (which masts are used and what the ping-time was for each mast, meaning distance to phone) I hope I wrote this in a understandable way.
And I looked on a map and there are several masts in the area so that looks promising if LE are on it already.

I guess it would depend what she told them. In UK if a person is voluntarily missing and don't want anyone to know where they are then LE respect their wishes but do notify family they are found but that is all. How is that compared to the US?
The family would be told that the missing person was safe, but not their location. That's how it has happened in the US in other cases at least.

I am thinking she must have a second set of ID. It's been said she left all her personal things and her purse at home. To cash those Cashiers Checks, she will need her driver's license and and another form of ID.

I tried to cash some last week, and a well known chain refused to accept them. I raised a stink as they are supposed to be the same as cash. They called their home office, and the answer was still no.

To make a long story short, they are not as easy to use as they use to be!

All of this brings me to a point. IF Jenna bought the Cashiers Checks in her name, the issuer which is probably American Express may be able to help you.

The bank where they were purchased will have it on file as to what name she bought them under. They will also have the list of numbers on each check purchased. Call the main office of Am Ex, if that is who issued them, and they can tell if they have been used and where. This may take a warrant, however, this is one way to try to track her down. Good luck!

Remember to think of the various names she may have used. Did she use her married name or take her maiden name back? Did she a different ID name for her PI work? Being a PI, I would guess she knows the ways the underground works to get a new ID?
I believe this was supposed to be posted on Taylor Ashley Wright's thread. Taylor is the missing PI.

i would think the same

Hello all,
I live in metro Atlanta and have for 30+ years and am familiar with most locations.
My thoughts after this showed up on NextDoor a few weeks ago...
1. I thought of the Defoor Ave. area as transitional in the late '80s, not now. For those of you who shop online/catalogs there is a Ballard Designs retail store on Defoor Avenue. Nothing like English Avenue.
2. Has anyone checked with the route guys- FedEx, US Mail, UPS - to see if they remember the car and when it arrived or anyone around it? My regular guys know every car that belongs in our neighborhood.
3.I live in the suburbs where the RING doorbell and cameras are very popular- any of the residents or businesses closest to Defoor Place have one?
4. How are the police positive it was Jenna in the car with an unidentified male? Did someone talk to her? A wig and makeup could have give someone the illusion it was Jenna.
5. Cameras are everywhere in Atlanta. I think I could get in my car right now and drive to Defoor Avenue and my vehicle would be on camera for 90% on the drive, if not more.
6. And on a sad note this reminds me of an old case in Atlanta in the 1988 - Julie Love.

In the Ying Ying Zhang case LE knew the phone had pinged at the Terminal really early on so I don't understand the delay when someone's life is at stake. It's unacceptable IMO.
Didn't they also have the pings for the Abby and Libby case that night that they were searching for the girls? Why not for this case?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Welcome OTPTarheel!

1. I actually just moved from Defoor about 3 months ago and own a house there. Most of the neighborhood is not transitional BUT where her car was found is. As in like there have been a few shootings there in my time living 100 yards down the road. Your assessment of the area overall is correct and the Ballard Outlet was the bane of my wallet because my girlfriend could walk there.
2. I have not seen anyone that has checked with route guys as of yet
3. Ring doorbells are very popular, it has been posted on the Underwood Hills Nextdoor for people to check theirs.
5. Street Execs apparently wrote over their footage or didn't capture anything. The gated community across defoor from the intersection at defoor's place does not have a camera on the gate for some strange reason. The next set of homes going away from howell mill have cameras on their own parking lot which isn't streetside. Then you get to a big curve, the church has no camera at the intersection with harper, I do not believe the houses that front defoor through that next section on the right do up until seaboard possible, but the new apartments might.

Didn't they also have the pings for the Abby and Libby case that night that they were searching for the girls? Why not for this case?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
I believe it was said that LE pinged their phones but I don't really know what that means. It does look like there are several cell towers and plenty of cameras around so it looks to me like LE must have more info than they are releasing IMO.

Welcome OTPTarheel!

1. I actually just moved from Defoor about 3 months ago and own a house there. Most of the neighborhood is not transitional BUT where her car was found is. As in like there have been a few shootings there in my time living 100 yards down the road. Your assessment of the area overall is correct and the Ballard Outlet was the bane of my wallet because my girlfriend could walk there.
2. I have not seen anyone that has checked with route guys as of yet
3. Ring doorbells are very popular, it has been posted on the Underwood Hills Nextdoor for people to check theirs.
5. Street Execs apparently wrote over their footage or didn't capture anything. The gated community across defoor from the intersection at defoor's place does not have a camera on the gate for some strange reason. The next set of homes going away from howell mill have cameras on their own parking lot which isn't streetside. Then you get to a big curve, the church has no camera at the intersection with harper, I do not believe the houses that front defoor through that next section on the right do up until seaboard possible, but the new apartments might.

This is good to hear that Nextdoor in that area is spreading the news. I am hoping the police are checking at the Wells Fargo as well over there

I believe it was said that LE pinged their phones but I don't really know what that means. It does look like there are several cell towers and plenty of cameras around so it looks to me like LE must have more info than they are releasing IMO.

IIRC they said the phone was pinging all over town.
my guess is pinging off different towers.

I am thinking LE believes she left on her own.

They sure don't seem too concerned.
what do they know we don't?

Both. The police have requested a subpoena for both carriers but this can take weeks to be approved :/

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
When my oldest went missing it took exactly 8 weeks to the day to get Metro PCS to hand over the info to police. Stay strong!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

When my oldest went missing it took exactly 8 weeks to the day to get Metro PCS to hand over the info to police. Stay strong!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk
Thank you !
Something just seems wrong with this, it's a missing persons, life or death situation. 8 weeks is a huge amount of time .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Subie--

Was it Uber Girl who saw J in your mother's car? Regardless, do you know whether that witness was shown photos of Persons 1, 2, 3, or 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966