Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you !
Something just seems wrong with this, it's a missing persons, life or death situation. 8 weeks is a huge amount of time .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
It is certainly unacceptable to wait so long. Does it vary by state? Maybe bring it up with your local politician? Media?

Didn't they also have the pings for the Abby and Libby case that night that they were searching for the girls? Why not for this case?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

They had Holly Bobo's ping that day as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my oldest went missing it took exactly 8 weeks to the day to get Metro PCS to hand over the info to police. Stay strong!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing this.....is your oldest found (or is this a stupid question?) I think it makes a big difference when you are an adult (and you are entitled to disappear, have the right to disappear) or a child that is what privacy laws are all about. How old was your oldest? That's always the big question in an adults missing case. In Jenna's case alarm bells should have rang for a lot of reasons...close to the family, vulnerable, out of character...predators...but this took a while to get the right "feel" about that....

I guess it would depend what she told them. In UK if a person is voluntarily missing and don't want anyone to know where they are then LE respect their wishes but do notify family they are found but that is all. How is that compared to the US?

That's how it typically works here, too. Assuming the missing isn't wanted in connection with a crime, isn't skipping out on child support, a danger to him- or herself (or others) or the like, police will usually tell the family that the missing individual is safe but does not their location disclosed.

I am starting to wonder if there is something entirely different going on here given LEs seeming lack of interest in the story.
Here is a theory. Subie and family, I apologize in advance if I am way off base. Just trying to think out of the box.

Let's assume Jenna was involved in sex trafficking and she was picked up that night in a sting.
This would explain the "found" by another jurisdiction (say Atlanta) very early on.
Let's assume that for a lighter sentence of some sort, Jenna agreed to go undercover for this jurisdiction to ferret out the main players or has been put in hiding in order to identify them at a later stage.
This would explain phones going off the grid. And the retracted "found" (how do you misidentify someone!!!). This might also explain the backpage picture which looked a whole lot like her. And Ex's sex worker comments. And perhaps roommate is involved in the sex trafficking operation which is why he was reluctant to let PI and family into the house.
Let's assume that LE wants her to stay "missing" because it helps them to catch the traffickers.
This would explain lack of household prints until family pushed for it, not reporting the finding of the car, just general disinterest in this case by Dekalb PD without the family pushing for it.
Let's assume the police finally told the parents what was going on because they were suffering so much.
That would explain why PI no longer on the case, family not raising a fit with the media, fewer flyers around, lack of searches and door to door knocks and suspect interviews, perfunctory answering of questions on this site, etc

Let's hope this is the case and she is alive and well and helping to break up a major sex trafficking operation in Atlanta

For the record: I did have an update on the timeline ready on Saturday but it is to much text...tried to find a solution with the mod, but we didn't find an easy one. <modsnip>.....so sorry....but your are all "up to the case" so it is going to be ok...I think...again sorry.....

On the Ring doorbell- I have one and a lizard on my porch is currently setting it off several times a day. It's pretty sensitive so not sure someone would want it picking up road traffic. When something is close enough to the door (you can adjust the range), it will chime on your phone. The purpose is to see someone on your property. If it was set to pick up every car that drove by, it would be going off all the time. Still think it's worth everyone checking whatever they have.
But I would think a business with a camera (like the one right across the street from her car) would be better, correct me if wrong.

Thank you !
Something just seems wrong with this, it's a missing persons, life or death situation. 8 weeks is a huge amount of time .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I felt the same way. I called and was at police station almost daily complaining they need to do something. Change the laws. Although this happened 6 and half years ago and I reside in Michigan I pray she is found safely. Keep your chin up. Much love to you and your parents.

Thank you for sharing this.....is your oldest found (or is this a stupid question?) I think it makes a big difference when you are an adult (and you are entitled to disappear, have the right to disappear) or a child that is what privacy laws are all about. How old was your oldest? That's always the big question in an adults missing case. In Jenna's case alarm bells should have rang for a lot of reasons...close to the family, vulnerable, out of character...predators...but this took a while to get the right "feel" about that....
At the time she was 16. Yes, found after 9 weeks thankfully from getting her cellphone records back that's what they needed to find her.

I am starting to wonder if there is something entirely different going on here given LEs seeming lack of interest in the story.
Here is a theory. Subie and family, I apologize in advance if I am way off base. Just trying to think out of the box.

Let's assume Jenna was involved in sex trafficking and she was picked up that night in a sting.
This would explain the "found" by another jurisdiction (say Atlanta) very early on.
Let's assume that for a lighter sentence of some sort, Jenna agreed to go undercover for this jurisdiction to ferret out the main players or has been put in hiding in order to identify them at a later stage.
This would explain phones going off the grid. And the retracted "found" (how do you misidentify someone!!!). This might also explain the backpage picture which looked a whole lot like her. And Ex's sex worker comments. And perhaps roommate is involved in the sex trafficking operation which is why he was reluctant to let PI and family into the house.
Let's assume that LE wants her to stay "missing" because it helps them to catch the traffickers.
This would explain lack of household prints until family pushed for it, not reporting the finding of the car, just general disinterest in this case by Dekalb PD without the family pushing for it.
Let's assume the police finally told the parents what was going on because they were suffering so much.
That would explain why PI no longer on the case, family not raising a fit with the media, fewer flyers around, lack of searches and door to door knocks and suspect interviews, perfunctory answering of questions on this site, etc

Let's hope this is the case and she is alive and well and helping to break up a major sex trafficking operation in Atlanta

I gotta tell you it isn't far fetched. I feel we ALL have been one step behind. Like there is a part of the puzzle that is being withheld, which is why we appear disjointed. Every time I check in there is something else I missed or behind in. I check in regularly, have taken notes, and I'm still lost.

For the record: I did have an update on the timeline ready on Saturday but it is to much text...tried to find a solution with the mod, but we didn't find an easy one. <modsnip>.....so sorry....but your are all "up to the case" so it is going to be ok...I think...again sorry.....
Can you split it into 3 or 4 posts based on day and time?

Hi- I've been checking Jenna's facebook and it seems odd that she hasnt posted on it for a year, perhaps she opened a new facebook account. I searched for "Ruth Jenna" the name she has on her other phone and there are 4 people listed, all with no pictures and you cannot see the info. This is odd also! I wonder if the PI could contact facebook and see the information for these just to be sure it's not Jenna? <modsnip>

Hi- I've been checking Jenna's facebook and it seems odd that she hasnt posted on it for a year, perhaps she opened a new facebook account. I searched for "Ruth Jenna" the name she has on her other phone and there are 4 people listed, all with no pictures and you cannot see the info. This is odd also! I wonder if the PI could contact facebook and see the information for these just to be sure it's not Jenna? <modsnip>

She hasn't posted publicly for a year. If you're not friends with her, you wouldn't be able to see her non-public posts.

Hi Subie!
Atlanta resident here. Been worried sick for you, your family, and Jenna. How was her car located? Was it being impounded for being in the lot for so long? Or did someone find it and let LE know? Sending you the best of luck moving forward.

Welcome ipan.
Having an Atlanta resident posting here is most advantageous.
Your knowledge of the area would be most helpful.

Hi - what do you think of 'Ruth Jenna' on facebook matching her other phone name? I really think that she will be found with social media/ her phone

I can't imagine any LE agency taking on the liability of using a private citizen who falls on the autism spectrum, highly functioning or not. Not to mention the question of being admissible in court. I can see a defense attorney successfully arguing that the police manipulated her to produce evidence.

But really, I can't imagine the family going along quietly with this scenario that put their daughter in harm's way.

Subie,
We actually have a mutual acquaintance (though I haven't see her in years). I can't imagine what you and yours are going through. I keep my eyes open for her every day.

I can't imagine any LE agency taking on the liability of using a private citizen who falls on the autism spectrum, highly functioning or not. Not to mention the question of being admissible in court. I can see a defense attorney successfully arguing that the police manipulated her to produce evidence.

But really, I can't imagine the family going along quietly with this scenario that put their daughter in harm's way.

I am thinking more in terms of witness protection or providing information or taking calls or messages versus being put in harm's way physically.
I agree law enforcement and her family would not allow something bad to happen to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayabusa1300