GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it was the original $10,000 plus $5,000 from Crimestoppers then a further $2,000 from the contributions, as per the official fb page.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Other way around:

From Official Family FB Page (October 5):

"We will be posting $5,000 from the Go Fund Me contributions with Atlanta Crime Stoppers. They will match another $2,000

for a reward for anyone giving information leading to an arrest and conviction in this case. 404-577-TIPS is their tip line."

Moderators: I apologize in advance if I haven't referenced this properly.

It worries me that Subie hasn’t commented. Something must be happening behind the scenes.

According to the timeline at the beginning of this thread, our VI has said that IG guy lives in the townhouse. By 'his part of town' could our VI mean where he was that night? He might live in the townhouse but was out and about around College Park when they spoke? Otherwise, which version is correct.... he lives in the townhouse or College Park? Why did the PI go to the townhouse and not the family?

8-10 p.m.

•She was also in contact with oneother guy = person 3 that night on and of between 8 and 10pm. From interviewswith him. He advised her not to come to his part of town (college Park) with mymom's car, and that he would meet her closer to her apartment. According to himshe never showed. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823

•Person 3. T2 # 324 VI Is another guy friend she was supposed tomeet with Friday night in College Park but was told not come down with my Momscar, would meet her around Lindbergh area, but she never showed. This is theguy that I found with the Instagram profile that lead me to believe some kindof pimping or trafficking might be going on. He called twice at 11 and 11. 50that night (pocket dials). From interviews with.......ive cut it short for space

&#8226;The family sent the P.I. to thataddress <townhome> and he talked to the guy there. How did the family know about thisguy in the first place? He said they had plans to meet for food but shenever made it down there.

HI Stanly, Can you give a Thread / Post # reference for this part:

"From interviews with.......ive cut it short for space

&#8226;The family sent the P.I. to thataddress <townhome> and he talked to the guy there. How did the family know about thisguy in the first place? He said they had plans to meet for food but shenever made it down there."

Thank you.

ETA: I see, now, that you referenced this to the Timeline at the beginning of this thread. The part in bold (I think) is bitof hope's commentary, not a statement made by subie_climber. bitofhope, would you mind confirming? Thank you.

HI Stanly, Can you give a Thread / Post # reference for this part:

"From interviews with.......ive cut it short for space

•The family sent the P.I. to thataddress <townhome> and he talked to the guy there. How did the family know about thisguy in the first place? He said they had plans to meet for food but shenever made it down there."

Thank you.

ETA: I see, now, that you referenced this to the Timeline at the beginning of this thread. The part in bold (I think) is bitof hope's commentary, not a statement made by subie_climber. bitofhope, would you mind confirming? Thank you.
The info came from our VI, thread 1 post numbers #407 - #411

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347470

Ok so none of them live in College Park, iG guy just wanted to meet in College Park then changed it to Lindberg but said she didn't show. Apart from SC friend, town home guy and Bf we don't know where any friends live.

@subie please can you confirm what transpired in the conversation between J and her SC friend at 11.45 p.m. as it seems that is the last verifiable contact with J.

That is a very good point <modsnip>
5 days with nothing new is disheartening in this case. Whatever is the problem here?

@Subie, I have recently discovered that Mazda vehicles from 2011 on have EDR's (Event Data Recorders) fitted so I am wondering if your mother's car has one fitted? If so, have LE analysed the data on it? This could perhaps further identify J's movements more accurately. Some people compare these to the black boxes on aeroplanes. J's car was 2010 so may not have one but it is surely worth checking?
Hoping for some positive news.

I got the impression from earlier in the threads that J had met with several different men that night, however evidence now seems to show she only met with one guy-her bf- who has told police he broke up with her that night. Is that the true story now or is it going to change again?

"Car is owned by an Emory student down the road and was not reported stolen" . Did police physically check at the address of this Emory student to double check Jenna wasn't there?

Ig guy is town home guy isn't he? The town home is behind J's apartment.

@Subie, Could you please post to <modsnip> clear up the town home questions? TIA

Also, are there any details about phone pings or camera that have pinpointed or spotted J or anything positive in the last few days to report?

Ok the PI visited townhome guy. Did LE interview him and the PI? Is that PI still on the case?

I am bumping my posts that have outstanding questions from the last few pages. Just in case anyone has any answers or comments. LE very likely have answers to some of these but we don't have that knowledge. These are the issues family should be pursuing IMHO.

The tapestry has been driving me crazy, too.

Possible scenarios of damage during a fight or party have been discussed. We've also been talking about a possible red herring to throw off an investigation. Here are a few more scenarios:
- Stolen by someone who has an interest in Egyptian culture or ancestor worship (it's a part of certain cultural and religious beliefs such as Orisha, Ifa, Yoruba)
- Given as a gift by Jenna to someone with that interest
- Taken down to be used as a prop for an upcoming Solar Eclipse Party that weekend (Ra, the sun god) with the intentions of putting it back up after the party
- Taken by Jenna as an item of sentimental value (although VI seemed to think that would be an odd item to take)

The only reasons I can think of for hanging the empty frame back up are:
- To make the tapestry less likely to be missed in the short term
- To keep the frame out of the way so it wouldn't get (further) damaged

It would be really great to find the tapestry, but I don't think it would lead us directly to Jenna unless she has it in her possession. I think (MOO) that one of her friends has it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that person did her any harm.

The tapestry has been driving me crazy, too.

Possible scenarios of damage during a fight or party have been discussed. We've also been talking about a possible red herring to throw off an investigation. Here are a few more scenarios:
- Stolen by someone who has an interest in Egyptian culture or ancestor worship (it's a part of certain cultural and religious beliefs such as Orisha, Ifa, Yoruba)
- Given as a gift by Jenna to someone with that interest
- Taken down to be used as a prop for an upcoming Solar Eclipse Party that weekend (Ra, the sun god) with the intentions of putting it back up after the party
- Taken by Jenna as an item of sentimental value (although VI seemed to think that would be an odd item to take)

The only reasons I can think of for hanging the empty frame back up are:
- To make the tapestry less likely to be missed in the short term
- To keep the frame out of the way so it wouldn't get (further) damaged

It would be really great to find the tapestry, but I don't think it would lead us directly to Jenna unless she has it in her possession. I think (MOO) that one of her friends has it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that person did her any harm.
IMO i dont think she took it at all. She didnt know the significance of it as per Subie.

So....she decides to leave and takes an old framed tapestry that she knows hardly anything about, and in the most unusual way but leaves her make up and chargers and daily essentials. Sorry but no.

We have the persons listed by Subie but it does not show the "vet tech". We have the vet tech reporting noone is answering the door. Now we have assumed that is correct but several things should be considered:

1. Was J's car there did vet tech know?
2. Is vet tech connected to pet store?
3. Was J there but unable to answer the door?
4. Were lights and TV still on? (If not did Subie turn them off in the morning?)
5. Has LE/PI/FBI verified vet tech info like they have with IG guy?
6. Is vet tech male or female?

Is there anyone else J may have interacted with that we don't know about or have not considered?

IMO i dont think she took it at all. She didnt know the significance of it as per Subie.

So....she decides to leave and takes an old framed tapestry that she knows hardly anything about, and in the most unusual way but leaves her make up and chargers and daily essentials. Sorry but no.

Yeah, me either.

Yeah, me either.
I re-read my post and i seemed a bit short sorry! I just meant that was my opinion and wasnt being sarky with you [emoji9]

We have the persons listed by Subie but it does not show the "vet tech". We have the vet tech reporting noone is answering the door. Now we have assumed that is correct but several things should be considered:

1. Was J's car there did vet tech know?
2. Is vet tech connected to pet store?
3. Was J there but unable to answer the door?
4. Were lights and TV still on? (If not did Subie turn them off in the morning?
5. Has LE/PI/FBI verified vet tech info like they have with IG guy?
6. Is vet tech male or female?

Is there anyone else J may have interacted with that we don't know about or have not considered?
Good points! <modsnip>

So who do you think took it, I am generally curious, not being snarky?

Jenna doesn't strike me as a history buff, I don't think she knew it's connections to Ra, Egypt or Solar Eclipses, unless someone tells me differently I'm going with she has absolutely no idea of the history of the tapestry. I am super dorky and love history and I had to research the tapestry, no way someone without a passionate interest knows this stuff.

That is why I defaulted to the value isn't the tapestry it's whatever is on (dna, blood, bodily fluids) the tapestry that is cause for it being missing.

But we know it's missing and we know Jenna is missing, occum's razor tell's me Jenna (or the person responsible for Jenna being missing) has the tapestry?

So who do you think took it, I am generally curious, not being snarky?

Jenna doesn't strike me as a history buff, I don't think she knew it's connections to Ra, Egypt or Solar Eclipses, unless someone tells me differently I'm going with she has absolutely no idea of the history of the tapestry. I am super dorky and love history and I had to research the tapestry, no way someone without a passionate interest knows this stuff.

That is why I defaulted to the value isn't the tapestry it's whatever is on (dna, blood, bodily fluids) the tapestry that is cause for it being missing.

But we know it's missing and we know Jenna is missing, occum's razor tell's me Jenna (or the person responsible for Jenna being missing) has the tapestry?

Im not sure who but the reason why, yep dna, blood or whatever.. just MO of course but i dont get the solar eclipse etc.. theories. If someone was going to a party and wanted to take something you either order it online or go and buy something, you dont steal it out a frame on your wall, im sorry for those believers but i find that far-fetched and odd.

Jenna apparently knew it wasnt worth anything but also knew little of its history other than it had sentimental value, so im speculating she wouldnt steal it to sell.

Someone could have taken it to frame a burglary..... but they were sloppy in that case as no other items with value were missing (that we know) and the tv was left.

I cannot think of any other reason that fits in with everything else.

Im not sure who but the reason why, yep dna, blood or whatever.. just MO of course but i dont get the solar eclipse etc.. theories. If someone was going to a party and wanted to take something you either order it online or go and buy something, you dont steal it out a frame on your wall, im sorry for those believers but i find that far-fetched and odd.

Jenna apparently knew it wasnt worth anything but also knew little of its history other than it had sentimental value, so im speculating she wouldnt steal it to sell.

Someone could have taken it to frame a burglary..... but they were sloppy in that case as no other items with value were missing (that we know) and the tv was left.

I cannot think of any other reason that fits in with everything else.

I'm pretty much exactly where you are........ I've literally run out of thoughts.

I have an opinion J went back to her apartment some time that evening but we have no details or even whether LE have interviewed the roommate or searched the apartment. Wonder why that is? Wouldn't that be the first place to search?

Still here for Jenna and all those that know and love her and want to find her... sleuthing in the background and not commenting much anymore because I have nothing productive to add here but it is so good to know that there are so many ideas and such good insight about all the details and I hope there is news in ANY direction soon. The not knowing is awful...

Cloth in the frame: I am hesitant to use the word 'tapestry' after researching it.

I read that there are one-of-a-kind originals made during a certain time period (ending around WWII). I also read that starting in the 1990's, cheaper ($200 value) replications began being made.

I have seen some of the originals go for as much as $60,000 online.

Any experts in this area of art able to give us more information / education about the difference between a $200 vs $60,000 one?

Re the tapestry- I was thinking that if it was framed and had pride of place in a home, someone might presume it was worth something and take it? That doesn't explain why they wouldn't take the whole thing in the frame though.
I check this thread every day hoping for more news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re the tapestry- I was thinking that if it was framed and had pride of place in a home, someone might presume it was worth something and take it? That doesn't explain why they wouldn't take the whole thing in the frame though.
I check this thread every day hoping for more news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wouldnt the obvious choice be tv and other more easily accesible valuables? If it was stolen due to value then where would Jenna's disappearence fit in? Do you think she was home and they took it or they came with her keys and let themselves in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member