GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping my fellow sleuthers would help me with the party on 8/17 and who was in parents house when on 8/18.

August 17, Thursday
•She had some friends over for asmall get together I believe Thursday night and didn't clean up the roomsupstairs. This info came out later from a friend that was over there. Right nowwe know of Jenna and 2 others that were at the house for sure that night.Trying to find out who else may have been there. Per VI - Thread #1, post #819 Still not knowing who was there according until WS posts # T2# 836

August 18, Friday
•Reacting on an advs… (the virginia highland/morningside ) Looking/reactingon new apartments/rooms. Per WS members T2, #783/#820 .
•Through access d.d. 8/31 on here-mail and Facebook on family finds out on what locations she was and whichlocations she searches for on google maps timeline, so the following timelineare bits and peace’s of information found during this search, getting morespecific during this thread and put in a logical order:
? a.m.
&#8226;I was atthe house Friday a.m to give the cat her meds, I remember seeing the car<Jenna&#8217;s car> there. Sorry guys I forgot I had muted this for a bit whenI was working on my job hunting. Per VI - Thread #1, post #804. I saw herFriday A.M that was that last time I saw her. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823. Inwhat state she was in? She seemed fine, no indication anything was out of theordinary, per VI - Thread #1, post #973. At what time? Were the friends alreadygone? Was mom&#8217;s car at the house? Didn't notice. My mom's car stays in theexternal garage in the back, where as Jenna's was in a visible parking spot inthe back. Per VI - Thread #1, post #841
2 p.m.
&#8226;Yes, medswere given that <Friday> afternoon. The vet assistant came by around 2 pmI believe. He did not have a key to the house either so Jenna had to be thereto let him in. Per VI -Thread #1, post #808. Has anyone talked to the vet aboutwhat she and the house seemed like?
4/5 p.m.
&#8226;Brother talked with Jenna on thephone that evening to confirm everything was ok for the rest of the weekend T1 #823 VI; At what time was this call made?,Per VI - Thread #1, post #825 Yes, I believe I spoke to her around 4-5 pm(vague memory on that) Brother does not know if she was at home <meaning at the parents&#8217; home> Can&#8217;t you look at your own phone when youmade the call? My phone log on my phone only goes back to the 25th of Aug , perVI - Thread #1, post #,so brother can&#8217;t check exactly what time he called.

I am a little confused as to the Uber-girlfriend and where Jenna was on the morning and afternoon of 8/18.

VI came to give the cat meds in the AM which was the last time he saw Jenna. Vet came to give the cat meds around 2PM and door was locked so Jenna would have had to be there to let him in. VI spoke with Jenna between 4 and 5. Sometime around 6PM, one of Jenna's friends who stayed at parents house took an Uber home from parents house.

Uber-friend must have a great deal of information, such as where they were during the day, what they did and why Jenna didnt drive her home.

That party on 8/17-I find that really interesting.

Did Jenna normally have a gathering when house sitting, Subie?

What I'd like to know is if the PI is having any success? Can't a PI get last phone Pings and video from gas stations and Wendy's? Why won't the police at least tell you if she was in any of the video from the debit card transactions?

Here is the Uber-friend part of the timeline:

6 p.m.
Person 6 T2#324 Girlfriend was with Jenna that dayand took an Uber taxi home, before Jenna went out again. T2 #84VI Uber-girlfriend was with Jenna around6 p.m.The PI is going to speak again with this girl friendagain tomorrow to see if can nail down when she left Jenna exactly. T2 #540VI. Why she took a taxi, why did Jennanot bring her home? There were two cars available?

What I'd like to know is if the PI is having any success? Can't a PI get last phone Pings and video from gas stations and Wendy's? Why won't the police at least tell you if she was in any of the video from the debit card transactions?

Are you referencing where Jenna and her friend went during the day? The trip to Wendy's was a daytime trip?

Respectfully, I disagree that there is evidence that points toward this being a voluntary disappearance. In fact, quite the opposite.
It seems to me that the most likely scenario of what occurred in the 12 hours or so surrounding Jenna's disappearance is that she left her mom and dads in her moms car, driving about a fair amount, and at some point picking up a passenger and returning back to her parents residence. Then later on, perhaps into the early morning hours of the next day, she left in her own vehicle to drop that guest off somewhere, and then intended to return to take care of the cat. Somewhere in that process, things did not go as planned and she was rendered unable to return.
From a SAR perspective, it seems wise to approach a last seen from several locations. One- her actual last seen. Where was that specifically, where someone is willing to say 'yes, I saw Jenna, I recognized Jenna, and I was at *xyz*?
Two- her parents house. At some point, she was last seen by her brother at their parents' house. Where did she go from there?
Three- her vehicle recovery location. We can suppose that at some point in her recent past, Jenna was one of the last person(s) to be in her vehicle. Which direction did she travel in, or was she moved to, from her vehicle?
Those are my 1st inclinations- with or without k9s.

Oh, subie- a bit of clarification. You last actually saw and spoke with Jenna at @2pm the day before she was discovered to be missing, is that correct? How was the cat at that time? Was the cats behavior normal (for an elderly, ill cat, that is?) When you returned the next day, after the vet could not access the home and Jenna was missing...where was the cat? Was she located in her usual place, and was her behavior normal then?
Reason I ask is because sometimes pets are made very upset by disturbances to and in their surroundings- especially when those disturbances involve one of their favored owners. Thanks!

She was at the home, taking care of the cat, but she wasn't administering care for the cat, someone from the Vet's office was. Jenna didn't want to do the oral medication.
Then she leaves, locking the door behind her, knowing the person cant get in to care for the cat.
That does not sound like someone who chose to leave. IMO
To me, it sounds like someone took advantage of the fact that her parents were away and had the opportunity to take her.
Jenna may have locked the door behind her fully expecting to return.
I can't imagine anyone outside of the family, caring whether the door was locked or not.
I'd like to know the location of where the last text sent was. I do not believe Jenna sent that text.
<modsnip>
I also believe the car was dumped days later. I am leaning towards the home being staged to look like a crime scene.
I find it odd that the car was reported to the family through Facebook PRIOR to being reported to police.
However, I can understand that people would want to report it and not be involved with the police. It seems these days if you find anything in relation to a possible crime being committed, you immediately become a person of interest, when all you really did was the "right thing" by going to LE first.
The person who said early on that Jenna had been involved in "entertaining men", may have done so because sadly those women go to the bottom of the list when they go missing. (As we have seen in many cases here.)
It sounds to me as though this case was manipulated from the get go with misinformation and staging.
Could that have been the plan for Jenna to start a new life?
Unlikely, but not impossible.
All MOO.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I feel as though there are a lot of questions that should have black and white answers. But most of the answers seem to be gray. Maybe this is normal in MP cases...

Hello everyone. I have been watching this case from the minute Jenna's dad started posting on Next Door and have finally been compelled to write here. I live near Jenna's family. My daughters and I look for her everywhere we go, especially when we are near where her car was found, so I suppose while our heads say we won't find her, our hearts say we might. A question for those more professional than I am - how do you explain the false reports of Jenna sightings to her parents? <modsnip> This could play into either theory that she went missing on her own accord or that she went missing in a more nefarious way. WDYT?

VI indicated that the family was working with a second PI. No clarification that I found as to if the first PI was replaced or is being provided with assistance.

The ideal situation is that the PI would be working with LE and they would be sharing info with one another. It get's tricky when someone is crossing over into evidence and the investigation.

I was worried for our VI when he was indicating that he was accessing accounts and voice mails and the like-sometimes discovered information like that isnt useful if it has been processed outside of LE. It is so hard-you just want your loved one found yesterday. :(

Hello everyone. I have been watching this case from the minute Jenna's dad started posting on Next Door and have finally been compelled to write here. I live near Jenna's family. My daughters and I look for her everywhere we go, especially when we are near where her car was found, so I suppose while our heads say we won't find her, our hearts say we might. A question for those more professional than I am - how do you explain the false reports of Jenna sightings to her parents? <modsnip>This could play into either theory that she went missing on her own accord or that she went missing in a more nefarious way. WDYT?

Welcome to Websleuths!!! It is wonderful to hear from someone on the ground.

<modsnip>

Are the areas around her parents house and the location of her car saturated with flyers? I was hoping to get a sense of awareness of her disappearance.

Definitely not saturated - not even close. There were some printouts on their door and neighbors' doors, but when I drove by the other day, nothing. We no longer see them in shop windows either. Absolutely no coverage from local media, which is appalling IMHO.

Hi she-lock,
I am not 100 percent certain if your question is specific or more general in nature, but it seems that ideally the family would be working with both a trustworthy PI who has an excellent working relationship with the lead LE agency working the case, and with the detective(s) assigned to the case personally. I would think that any and all sightings should be referred directly to them- for the safety of all persons involved, as well as the integrity of the case. Then they would weed through, and hopefully spare the family all of the pain and drama associated with false sightings and whatnot.
Unfortunately, it does seem to be a common occurrence. People can be so cruel. :(
Fortunately, it is a crime to lie to LE or interfere with an investigation. Another reason to have all of that alleged info directed to LE. HTHs.

Definitely not saturated - not even close. There were some printouts on their door and neighbors' doors, but when I drove by the other day, nothing. We no longer see them in shop windows either. Absolutely no coverage from local media, which is appalling IMHO.

OK, well that is a problem. Maybe someone could suggest to family that flyers be distributed again? There might be people who saw something around the areas of interest in this case that might have something really important to contribute. Jenna is distinctive in many ways because of her hair, her smile and her height.

Agree, it just seems like a more acute clue when the person reporting the fake sightings is from one of Subie's list of men involved that night -- as opposed to a false report from someone random.

Hi she-lock,
I am not 100 percent certain if your question is specific or more general in nature, but it seems that ideally the family would be working with both a trustworthy PI who has an excellent working relationship with the lead LE agency working the case, and with the detective(s) assigned to the case personally. I would think that any and all sightings should be referred directly to them- for the safety of all persons involved, as well as the integrity of the case. Then they would weed through, and hopefully spare the family all of the pain and drama associated with false sightings and whatnot.
Unfortunately, it does seem to be a common occurrence. People can be so cruel. :(
Fortunately, it is a crime to lie to LE or interfere with an investigation. Another reason to have all of that alleged info directed to LE. HTHs.

:clap:

<modsnip>

Was the base of the seat back too or just the recline?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

Was the base of the seat back too or just the recline?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ooooo i cant remember, i think it was the whole seat.... anyone?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member