GA - Jennifer Wilbanks, runaway bride, for false police report, Duluth, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the recruiting campaign is pretty tacky! It makes a joke of their police dept. IMO. Jennifer was not running from a job, so the ad makes no sense to me. I worked at an ad agency for 9 years, and even our worse stuff wasn't that stupid.

She was such an opportunist.:furious:

So tell me... will she still be carrying a teddy bear?

Read the article more carefully. The picture will be of the APD officer who was shown with Jennifer Wilbanks...not Wilbanks herself.

"Running away from your current job? Call APD recruiting," the ad reads, above a photo of Officer Trish Hoffman grabbing the veil of a bride, adorned in gown and wedding shoes.

Jennifer Wilbanks' story is simply the inspiration for this ad, and she's not actually in it or profiting for it. The media is simply using her name and tagline to get your attention. It worked.

I think the recruiting campaign is pretty tacky! It makes a joke of their police dept. IMO. Jennifer was not running from a job, so the ad makes no sense to me. I worked at an ad agency for 9 years, and even our worse stuff wasn't that stupid.
I cannot imagine her being an inspiration for anything lol.

I guess it really was a good ad campaign if we are all talking about it. LOL.

Love it! Glad he got wise.

It says in the article that they filed lawsuits against each other. Does anyone know for what? What is the world would she have to file suit against him?

Great to hear.
God bless him, with what he went throuh, you'd almost understand him never dating again, much less marrying!

I wish them both a long happy and life together!

It says in the article that they filed lawsuits against each other. Does anyone know for what? What is the world would she have to file suit against him?

It was over the interviews they did about her running away and a book deal I think. Sometime back. When he broke up with her, she wanted the money

It was about money for a book or tv deal or something. Resolved now.

Glad John has found someone and I hope they will be happy forever.

I also remember her suing him for some dishes or a chair, something ridiculous. Hope he has a happy marriage.

The man who was set to marry the runaway bride has finally tied the knot, to someone else.

John Mason's father, Claude Mason, tells People magazine his 35-year-old son married Shelley Martin last Saturday in a quiet ceremony at his parents' Duluth, Georgia, home.

More at link: http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=88404

Good for him!

I saw that today. I am glad he didn't marry that fruitcake Jennifer. I wish him luck. He deserves it after being with that loser.:crazy:

I'm glad he's found happiness with someone new ... hope he has a great future with his new wife :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back