GA - Jonah, 3, & Nicole Payne, 2, Warrenton, 23 April 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Probably all of us have had some situation where we didn't do what was right by our kids. The difference being, that in this case, it was done repeatedly.

I don't understand why this mom wasn't charged with negligence. The Dad in New York who fell asleep and his 3 year old boy got out and rode the bus to the movies, but unhurt, was charged with negligence. Too bad he admitted to being asleep. If he has just said he was in the bathroom for 15 minutes, he might have gotten away with it. Everyone knows that the neighbors said that the kids were out for at least 30 minutes another time before being taken home and no one was looking for them and I think that most likely the kids were not checked on for quite a long time for them to make their way down an unknown path 1/2 mile away, under or thru a fence, then to drown in the algae covered pond. That woman was either asleep, in the tub, on the phone, watching tv, or just off in her own little world for awhile that day and apparently it happened quite a bit.

Just got home and turned on CTV and I think this is the case that's on trial now. I haven't heard enough to be for sure cause of course they went to a break but mom is on trial for toddlers deaths in a sewage pond.

chicoliving said:
Just got home and turned on CTV and I think this is the case that's on trial now. I haven't heard enough to be for sure cause of course they went to a break but mom is on trial for toddlers deaths in a sewage pond.

She got 5 yrs in prison and 5 yrs probation. She will probably serve 2 years of the 5 as they usually serve 1/3 of the sentence which to me makes no sense at all. Past and present neighbors testified about the kids being outside and getting out of the fence all of the time. They told of the times that they took the little ones back home. The mother took the stand and said that everyone was lying. She didn't do herself any good by testifying. The dad stood by the mom throughout the whole thing. They are married now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag
Back