GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the name of the apartments River Ridge? I'm looking at google maps and want to make sure I'm not looking at the wrong one.

Dumpster 400 yrds away from Jorelys apartment, per neighbor on NG.

I thought I heard it too. Maybe the plastic wrap was like what you tape up on windows, screen porches or doors in the winter? Could they get fingerprints from plastic wrap?

Side note - Somer Thompson was another sweet little girl that had the same fate as Jorelys.

Okay I tried a walk through of the apartments (thanks gngrsnap!) and it's a gated community so google didn't do a drive through. darn.

NG :who snatched this little girl?

Me: some sick perverted ..... that should be found QUICK

Heartbreaking. My thoughts and best wishes are with her surviving family and friends. :tears:

JVM says her body was 'brutally disfigured'.

I appreciate the information very much, but can't bring myself to thank the post. I don't have TV, so rely on WS'rs to update.

I have to wonder, from the perp or from the compacting dumpster? I hate even typing that......

Those dumpsters scare me. Sorry, not used to them, never seen them in the Chicagoland area in residential neighborhoods. They freak me out.

jmo

In the AP video I linked in post #450 the reporter makes it seem as if Jorelys went to the apartment to get drinks but went missing between the apartment and the playground. Making it seem like she didn't return to the playground with the drinks. KWIM? That would make sense because of the interest that was shown in coke cans located. JMHO I could be misunderstanding what the reporter is saying.

(also in that video there is a woman that states she and her 7 yr old boy crawled into dumpsters looking for Jorelys. I'm going to keep my mouth shut on that one).

It looked to me like the bags of trash were not flattened or anything, do we know for a fact there was a compactor?

NG reporting that Mom was sleeping only 55 feet away from playground.

Nancy back on commercial.

Unsolved killing of 7-year-old girl grips Canton

An autopsy was scheduled Monday night to determine the cause of Jorelys' death, with the results expected to be released at a Tuesday morning new conference.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/unsolved-killing-of-7-1251970.html

Police hunt for 7-year-old's killer

An autopsy was scheduled to be performed Monday night and officials are slated to hold a press conference at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday to announce the results.

{snip}

Jorelys’ body was found around lunch time in a Dumpster originally located in the front part of the complex.

Bankhead said the GBI wouldn’t go into details about the condition of the body.

“We are dealing with guilty knowledge,” Bankhead said, noting only law enforcement and the suspect know specific details about the case.

http://cherokeetribune.com/bookmark/16656165-Police-hunt-for-7-year-old-s-killer

I live in Canton and went by the site today. It was so sad to know that only about a 100 feet away from me was a Childs body that they were recovering that had been beaten and sexually molested. I have friends in the sheriff's office and the fire station. They said it was a brutal death. This dumpster was in the apartment complex and they moved it to the open field so they could go through it. They found her body in that dumpster from the complex so it had to be someone in that complex. It is a gated apartment complex and the murder and sexual assault had to take place in one of those apartments so I am confident they will find who did this horrible crime.

I haven't even read this article yet, but I believe the pic at the top shows where the dumpster was (for those who were curious as to where on the property it's located--still not sure you can tell that, and for those who haven't seen a garbage 'drop-off' for a dumpster built this way.)

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/05/9232270-body-of-girl-7-found-in-trash-in-canton-ga

9232270-body-of-girl-7-found-in-trash-in-canton-ga

ETA: A pretty good photo blog overall, as sad as the subject matter is.

It looked to me like the bags of trash were not flattened or anything, do we know for a fact there was a compactor?

A few articles I've read since she's been found refers to a trash compactor. First picture at link posted by Mag supports that possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliviamadyy