GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get someone to change the spelling of her name to Jorelys in the thread name?

I haven't even read this article yet, but I believe the pic at the top shows where the dumpster was (for those who were curious as to where on the property it's located--still not sure you can tell that, and for those who haven't seen a garbage 'drop-off' for a dumpster built this way.)

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/05/9232270-body-of-girl-7-found-in-trash-in-canton-ga

9232270-body-of-girl-7-found-in-trash-in-canton-ga

ETA: A pretty good photo blog overall, as sad as the subject matter is.

I did not access much over the weekend, so I missed this story when it broke. My heart is breaking for another beautiful child missing. When I first started to read about this story, it reminded me of precious little Skylar Kauffman. I pray there is a better outcome here! It seems that this story is a bit convoluted though and there may not be a true / straight story yet. :sigh:

In the review from March the person says the body was found in the trash compactor.

They also say the walls are paper thin.

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/GA-Canton-River-Ridge-at-Canton-1206418.html

It is possible someone heard what happened to Jorelys and didn't realize it at the time.

This is literally identical to Skyler Kauffman. So much that I even checked to make sure James Troutman was still incarcerated.

Skyler was taken, beaten, raped and put in the dumpster at her apartment complex.
The noises of Skyler's murder were heard but were not fully understood until later.

Found Deceased PA - AMBER ALERT: Skyler Kauffman, 9, Souderton, 9 May 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I thought of Skyler immediately as well. The investigators knocked on every door that day and remembered that James had blood on his shoe. He would not have been an immediate suspect if that investigator had not been so observant. Little Skyler's screams were heard / in the basement (I think laundry room), but were basically ignored. Such a sad case, and eerily similar now to little Jorelys. :(

I saw on facebook that another mother claimed it was her children that were cold and went inside... about 3:30pm. I don't want to link her here though. She also stated she saw JR Friday am and walked her to the bus with her son...
link to comments:
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...-in-dumpster&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13231280462121

Jorley's mother said she had not seen her since Thursday night.
Sounds to me like she didn't want the kids inside the apartment for some reason... wonder who was watching the 1 and 4 yr old all day???

The same poster also claims that Jorelys's mom did not have any tears in her eyes and went to bed just fine even though her daughter was missing. I do not know whether to believe her or not, but ... :( I still am wondering IF there may have been someone in the apartment with mom when Jorelys went in for drinks. :sigh:

"Editor's note: Due to erroneous information from the Canton Police Department, previous versions of this story misspelled the name of Jorelys Rivera."
http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/girl-7-missing

Finally! A correct spelling!

I thought of Skyler immediately as well. The investigators knocked on every door that day and remembered that James had blood on his shoe. He would not have been an immediate suspect if that investigator had not been so observant. Little Skyler's screams were heard / in the basement (I think laundry room), but were basically ignored. Such a sad case, and eerily similar now to little Jorelys. :(

The same poster also claims that Jorelys's mom did not have any tears in her eyes and went to bed just fine even though her daughter was missing. I do not know whether to believe her or not, but ...
:( I still am wondering IF there may have been someone in the apartment with mom when Jorelys went in for drinks.

Finally! A correct spelling!

me too... and the mom saying Jorley took her purse and diary? :waitasec:

to an abduction???
IDK maybe she was trying to run away and ran into trouble.

JVM says her body was 'brutally disfigured'.

Did anyone else watch? Was that Skylar's mom on her show?

So very sad!! I just heard this news awhile ago, have been out most of the day. I can't believe someone would want to do that to this beautiful little girl.
I'm sure the mother will bear some blame for this, but much of the blame, IMO, should go to the monsters who did this to Jorelys. Yes, we should be watchful of our children and grandchildren, but just because a child is out there does NOT give them the right to assault and beat that child to death!! No one is perfect, but none of us should have to live in fear that if you take your eyes off a child for a few seconds they will end up dead in a dumpster or somewhere. I don't care WHO you are or what kind of sick fantasy you may have, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO KILL OUR CHILDREN!!!
We need some tough laws and we need to keep these monsters locked up for the rest of their lives. Some of them are out in just a few years, this is NOT acceptable.
I pray that the other children are safe, warm and well fed tonight. May God forgive this mother, she is going to have to live with this guilt for as long as she is still breathing.
I'm sorry for the rant, I'm just so upset... how many more of our kids do we have to lose?

Same here. I too am in Mtta. and was checking in while working. I was bracing myself for a bad outcome but didn't expect them to find her so fast. I am glad they did, bless her sweet, little heart.

OT, but Leilei is a very precious name to me. When my mother was dying, Leilei was the head nurse who was caring for her and often ministered to me emotionally. Just couldn't help noticing the screen name.

Anyway, I believe they will have enough evidence to make an arrest very soon. At least I certainly hope so.

RIP sweet darling. You deserved so much better.

K.

O/T but Kelly, that makes me smile. I've had this screen name or one variation of it for years now, and I'm glad that it reminds you of someone who cared for you and yours so much.

On topic, the "news" that I have been watching has mentioned something about mattresses and blood. So, they should have DNA from the perp, if this is true. So many of my friends/family are just heartbroken over this young lady's passing, one is even writing a song about her because he just can't begin to understand this. I have been here since I came home from work, still looking for an arrest... I probably need to step away for a bit, it's just so much, along with all the other little ones and big ones who are missing right now :(

Read with caution.
I was shocked and sad when I came back on line this afternoon to find this thread with the words "Found Deceased". I have been so affected by this that I was only able to read a page or two before having to get away from it and come back and go again and again. I finally am caught up now.

I was going to post that the LE needs to check out the woods behind the park for any signs that someone may have been watching from there (cigarette butts, footprints) and also to check out any apartment where someone can view from their window the playground park or walk route to her apartment.

Now, I've got these visions in my head of how the life of Jorelys has ended. I heard the comment on tv that it was so horrendous, that she had been severely beaten and sexually assaulted. If there were a compactor for the dumpster, she may have been (snipped by me). If someone wanted to act casually to dump her, would they have done it with pieces in different bags so as not to attract attention? Did someone visit the dumpster more than once? If she was in a bag/bags, I hope they check for fingerprints and dna.
Even though it was cool/cold at night, how far along would she have decomposed? Did the search dogs hit on the container or the area leading up to it?

RIP Jorelys.

Do we know if there was a trash compactor? But Watcher9, if they really found a bloody mattress your scenario makes sense. Also bringing out a few bags of trash would not arouse suspicion. But I really hope that didn't happen.

me too... and the mom saying Jorley took her purse and diary? :waitasec:

to an abduction???
IDK maybe she was trying to run away and ran into trouble.

I could not find that comment, was it removed?

http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/girl-7-missing

Update 7:15 p.m. Monday

A few updates:

Georgia State Patrol is stopping every car that enters or exits the River Ridge apartment complex.
On Facebook, people are being asked to turn and keep on their porch lights in memory of Jorelys Rivera from 8 p.m. tonight until 7 a.m. Tuesday.
Tuesday, authorities will hold a 10:30 am press conference at the Cherokee County Administration Building and Conference Center, Lt. Jay Baker, spokesman for the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office, said.
Stay tuned to canton-ga.patch.com for updates.

it was reported on the local news earlier today... and I only heard it once... that Jorleys was "wrapped in plastic". That doesn't sound like she was bagged but wrapped? like in saran wrap maybe...IF THIS is true it may have actually preserved DNA, it might have been an error in reporting since I have not heard that again...

There showing the playground, looks fairly big. I'm a little surprised at the size of the complex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487