GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the "new" gf of SP. Not sure if anyone one else noticed this but when she first popped up as gf his page listed him as being "In a Relationship" with her but when I looked last night it just says "In a Relationship" with no attachment to her.. Wonder if there is a story there but it may have nothing at all to do with this case!

Regarding the "new" gf of SP. Not sure if anyone one else noticed this but when she first popped up as gf his page listed him as being "In a Relationship" with her but when I looked last night it just says "In a Relationship" with no attachment to her.. Wonder if there is a story there but it may have nothing at all to do with this case!

She probably just doesn't want her name or her facebook page associated - I don't blame her.

I thought the same thing about changing the plea once discovery is reviewed...

If going for the DP that is one thing that won't change.It would be the height of malpractice to walk your client into being executed because you let them plead guilty when it is on the table.

I keep thinking about RB turning around in the courtroom and wonder if he was expecting and waiting on his family to be there for him.

I also would expect his brothers and some family to believe in his innocence and even if they ever wonder about the possibility of his guilt I think they'd keep it to themselves. I don't think any family wants to believe there is a monster in their mix.

I'd love to know the story of RB's life. How he came to be placed in foster care, how old he was and how the adoption came into play. Meaning did his parents not follow through on doing what they needed to have him in their life or were they ill or deceased. All of this, along with a person's perception of events makes them who they are today.

MOO

I keep thinking about RB turning around in the courtroom and wonder if he was expecting and waiting on his family to be there for him.

I also would expect his brothers and some family to believe in his innocence and even if they ever wonder about the possibility of his guilt I think they'd keep it to themselves. I don't think any family wants to believe their is a monster in their mix.

I'd love to know the story of JB's life. How he came to be placed in foster care, how old he was and how the adoption came into play. Meaning did his parents not follow through on doing what they needed to have him in their life or were they ill or deceased. All of this, along with a person's perception of events makes them who they are today.

MOO

BBM

Did you mean RB's life?

Regarding RB's attorney David Cannon, Sr. A friend of my mom's who is also an attorney in Cherokee Co said once about David Cannon, Sr. "If I were on trial for murder, I would want David Cannon, Sr. representing me! He is that good!" I just remembered this today. IMO RB is lucky to have gotten him but not sure it will matter in this case except to maybe save him from the DP.

I also would expect his brothers and some family to believe in his innocence and even if they ever wonder about the possibility of his guilt I think they'd keep it to themselves. I don't think any family wants to believe their is a monster in their mix.

I'd love to know the story of JB's life. How he came to be placed in foster care, how old he was and how the adoption came into play. Meaning did his parents not follow through on doing what they needed to have him in their life or were they ill or deceased. All of this, along with a person's perception of events makes them who they are today.

MOO

Not sure if I am allowed to say this but I did see something posted on FB from a friend of his personal guard at the jail that would explain his looking around the courtroom possibly.

And regarding his family not being there - I could have sworn I read somewhere that his family was advised NOT to come to court that day for their own safety.

If going for the DP that is one thing that won't change.It would be the height of malpractice to walk your client into being executed because you let them plead guilty when it is on the table.

But we could see a plea deal in which the DP is removed from the table in exchange for a guilty plea. I don't see that as likely, but it is always possible.

Regarding RB's attorney David Cannon, Sr. A friend of my mom's who is also an attorney in Cherokee Co said once about David Cannon, Sr. "If I were on trial for murder, I would want David Cannon, Sr. representing me! He is that good!" I just remembered this today. IMO RB is lucky to have gotten him but not sure it will matter in this case except to maybe save him from the DP.

A friend of mine who was a Judge always appointed the BEST attorney available in cases like this. No one wants a re-trial. Glad the Judge there did the same.

I followed the DVD case closely here in San Diego, and some of the circumstances are eerily similar. I don't recall that DW ever helped search for DVD though, as he left the morning of her disappearance, and became a prime suspect when he returned from the desert.

Law enforcement officials interviewed neighbors and soon discovered that Westerfield and another neighbor were not home that Saturday morning. Westerfield returned home at approximately 8 AM Monday morning. From that point on, he became the prime suspect

Otherwise, the neighbor kidnapping, and no prior history (that we're aware of) is haunting. It makes me leery of those around me, unfortunately.

MOO

Mel
There are many crimes against children involving neighbors, happens much too often.

Did you know Jeffrey Dahmer was molested by a neighbor?

Yeah, probably a good idea to know your neighbors and beware of those you don't know or feel hinky about.

Seems like Westerfield helped in the search in some way, but I can't find it.

But we could see a plea deal in which the DP is removed from the table in exchange for a guilty plea. I don't see that as likely, but it is always possible.

Vernon Keenan was confident they had the correct man and IMO GBI has direct evidence. Once the defense attorney has received the discovery, I can see them going for a plea to save RB's life. I think the question will be if the Court will accept a plea.

I was just thinking ... one of the neighbors reported that when they spoke to RB over the weekend, he said he was nervous about them looking at his apartment because of the beer bottles, etc. His apartment. But she (likely) died in the vacant apartment and he left that gruesome scene there. I wonder if he was nervous about his apartment because he knew he had evidence somewhere in there that would link/tie him directly to the crime. Evidence he couldn't easily get rid of (or was unwilling to let go of.) I mean, whatever he wore had to either be in his apartment, or the dumpster, or somewhere on the River Ridge property. Even if he covered his own clothes with a coverall, the coverall would probably have some sort of RB DNA on it or a bloody fingerprint, something.

Since he was so busy being so 'helpful' over the weekend, I'm not picturing him in his apartment or the complex laundry facility with a Shout Stain Stick or a tub of Oxyclean.

Dumb question alert: When a crime is especially 'bloody', don't detectives often look at the drains in the bathrooms/laundry stuff? Is there a way to tell (forensically) by looking at pipes and drains that blood was washed through them? Or have I been watching bad movies/imagining things?

I also would expect his brothers and some family to believe in his innocence and even if they ever wonder about the possibility of his guilt I think they'd keep it to themselves. I don't think any family wants to believe there is a monster in their mix.

I'd love to know the story of RB's life. How he came to be placed in foster care, how old he was and how the adoption came into play. Meaning did his parents not follow through on doing what they needed to have him in their life or were they ill or deceased. All of this, along with a person's perception of events makes them who they are today.

MOO

BBM - My OPINION I will bet that when the guard was putting the bullet proof vest on RB asks "Am I gonna get shot?" and the guard says "Probably...." hence the nervous looks behind him... LOL:floorlaugh:

I was just thinking ... one of the neighbors reported that when they spoke to RB over the weekend, he said he was nervous about them looking at his apartment because of the beer bottles, etc. His apartment. But she (likely) died in the vacant apartment and he left that gruesome scene there. I wonder if he was nervous about his apartment because he knew he had evidence somewhere in there that would link/tie him directly to the crime. Evidence he couldn't esily get rid of (or was unwilling to let go of.) I mean, whatever he wore had to either be in his apartment, or the dumpster, or somewhere on the River Ridge property. Even if he covered his own clothes with a coverall, the coverall would probably have some sort of RB DNA on it or a bloody fingerprint, something.

Since he was so busy being so 'helpful' over the weekend, I'm not picturing him in his apartment or the complex laundry facility with a Shout Stain Stick or a tub of Oxyclean.

Dumb question alert: When a crime is especially 'bloody', don't detectives often look at the drains in the bathrooms/laundry stuff? Is there a way to tell (forensically) by looking at pipes and drains that blood was washed through them? Or have I been watching bad movies/imagining things?

It might be that he really was afraid because of the alcohol in his apartment.

And yes, about the drains. Just recently in the disappearance J Shockley (sorry, I haven't taken the time to learn how to spell her first name) the contents in the drain traps was specifically mentioned in the search warrant.

I bet RB disposed of bloody evidence in the dumpster. IMO the reason GBI took things out of his apt is to support what Vernon Keenan told us...this was "calculated"....that word keeps ringing in my ear.

I think they found plenty of beer bottles in RB's apartment (DNA) I also think they found more incriminating evidence. RB IMO was right to be worried about that search.

RB told the neighbor he was worried because of the alcohol bottles lying around and his "girlfriend" was asleep. That just creeps me about his "girlfriend" part as I'm pretty sure he didn't have one...chills

eta, the link to the article and the neighbors words of what he said to her.

“He told me ‘I’m kind of scared for them to go into my apartment because I have a lot of alcohol bottles lying around, and my girlfriend is asleep,” she said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/2020-year-old-arrested-1253966.html

It might be that he really was afraid because of the alcohol in his apartment.

And yes, about the drains. Just recently in the disappearance J Shockley (sorry, I haven't taken the time to learn how to spell her first name) the contents in the drain traps was specifically mentioned in the search warrant.

I doubt that a 20 yr old would be too worried about having beer in their apartment. Especially if it was a missing kid/homicide case. Did he really think the homicide detective was going to care about some beer ?

Sorry, but i really doubt that was his biggest concern.

Do maintenance/grounds workers in this complex where any type uniform or identification-clothing? The complex is huge and I would think identification of employees would be necessary.

What hours was RB on duty? If this happened around 5pm, was he still in work mode or work clothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3